Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
1tripandIfell
Earning My Ears

Leaving a week from today!!

So we are leaving next Wed. and we are so pumped!!! It will be my family's first trip so any advice? We will be there from 2/13-2/17, 3 families kids are all in their teens. Anything that we should pack that we may wish for later? Any touring advice? One of the families got us a 3 bedroom villa for free so we won't be staying onsite so no express passes.

Me(29) DH (29) DS (12)
Della (Pup) Jazz ( 2nd pup)
1tripandIfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Get to the parks early! Do what you want the most first.

Some of the rides do not allow bags. Either use a fanny pack or pockets or use the sometimes fustrating timed lockers at each of those rides.

The three water rides are in IOA. All can get you really wet. Yes, even Jurasic Park.

After all the riding you want, take time to enjoy the scenery. Especially at IOA.

I am so jealous! Have a great vacation!
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
of2dbeach
DIS Veteran

you might want to bring a hoodie it is still a bit chilly here in the mornings/ night ( 50s) Dont miss the talking fountain .. google it its so funny! Get butterbeer you can get frozen or regular we like the frozen. take it slow and when your over in Harry Potter check out the windows in the shops the things "come to life " . Wish I was going with you :: Sighs::
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Have a look at the Universal Orlando website and see what you and your family want to do. Then you can plan better what you want to do.

There are loads of highlights at both parks and some good shows......especially The Horror Make Up Show in the Studios......not to be missed

Have a great trip. The Universal parks are fantastic. Take your time and enjoy the wonderful themeing and atmosphere.

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
vleeth
I heart Disney

Don't forget the sunscreen!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I'm sooooo jealous I don't think you would need express passes this time of year, can't imagine there being much in the way of bad crowds, should be close to walk on every ride I would think, except maybe Harry Potter area.

Advice, make sure you eat at Mythos and experience the Lost Continent section, Jurassic Park area, (everything you can do there), or course HP, Spiderman is not to be missed. On the Universal side, MIB, and the Mummy are my personal faves. Jimmy Buffetts is cool to eat at as well. Tchoup Choup inside the Royal Pacific (You could take the water taxi, leads you almost exactly to the spot of the restaurant) if you want to try something nice and unique to eat. Even though you are not staying onsite, doing this gives you a chance to ride the water taxi which is a really cool experience in and of itself particularly going to the RP. Just a few suggestions, take your time, try to take it all in.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
1tripandIfell
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Those are all great ideas...We are coming from Louisiana so we should be pretty well prepared for the back and forth weather...LOL. We are hoping to not use the lockers if possible, we have these running belts we are planning on using. They are the size of a belt and fit basically a phone, $, and maybe a reallly small camera. I have to say I am pretty excited!! We have done Disney and loved it so hoping we will have just as much fun here!

We are planning on making the Mardi Gras parade Saturday night and Steve Miller band.

Me(29) DH (29) DS (12)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
1tripandIfell
Earning My Ears

Also since we will be there President's Day weekend we are planning on hitting IOA Thursday...Universal Friday...and using Saturday to do anything we may want to hit again in either park, then hitting the parade saturday night in Universal.

Me(29) DH (29) DS (12)
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

That's a good plan, its always best to have at least a 3rd day to be able to hit the spots you like the best a 2nd or 3rd time. After using a full day dedicated to each park.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
flfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tripandIfell View Post
Also since we will be there President's Day weekend we are planning on hitting IOA Thursday...Universal Friday...and using Saturday to do anything we may want to hit again in either park, then hitting the parade saturday night in Universal.

sounds like a very good plan for the days you will be there. you've picked the right parks for the right days in my opinion. saturday will probably be quite crowded over president's weekend so yes, that should be the day to repeat your faves and not sweat the other stuff unless you find yourselves with time on your hands.
flfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: