Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
shortbun
Peacenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
It appears I am one of the few who gets and sends important things via USPS and will be a little miffed by this change. I always get checks from my agent (they don't do direct deposit) on Saturday mornings and would deposit them in the afternoon. Now, since I work full-time, I won't be able to deposit it at my bank until the following Saturday.

Will the post offices still be open on Saturday? If not, that will really screw things up for me! I'd have to switch to UPS and that's MUCH more expensive.
Our banks are open late some nights, have branches in grocery stores and have night depositories. My husband makes deposits two or three times a week at night when the bank is closed. It's likely that the post offices will still be open-it's just the 1st class delivery that is stopping.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
It appears I am one of the few who gets and sends important things via USPS and will be a little miffed by this change. I always get checks from my agent (they don't do direct deposit) on Saturday mornings and would deposit them in the afternoon. Now, since I work full-time, I won't be able to deposit it at my bank until the following Saturday.

Will the post offices still be open on Saturday? If not, that will really screw things up for me! I'd have to switch to UPS and that's MUCH more expensive.
Do you have a smartphone? I know I do my deposits through my Chase app. Take a pic, and submit. Can't be any easier and no need to get to the bank.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wait.... are you still going to the bank? the physical bank? between ATMs and scanning checks, why?
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
We received the majority of our financial records via USPS, online was not an option. This will slow down the process. The sort centers are being consolidated and many contract facilities are being eliminated. This will result in slower mail delivery. Take a week where you have a holiday in it and you now are down to 4 days of delivery. Our local utility company mails a postcard bill, it cannot be paid online or via phone. You either pay in person or mail a check. Again, taking away delivery days increases the amount of time it takes for the mail to travel and be delivered.
But you are talking only 1 time a year (tax season) where paper records are sent out.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
trip
family trip planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneefun View Post

Now, for my parents it might be a different story. I know they get their prescriptions delivered first class mail, so hopefully this won't upset them too much.
The postal service said on Wednesday it will continue to deliver packages, mail-order medicine, and express mail on Saturday, but not letters, bills, cards, and catalogs.

They should get their medicine just fine.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I have Express Scripts and my first prescription this year was delivered 2 day Fed Ex instead of USPS as before.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

It's one day, so you get your mail Monday instead of Saturday. I don't think it will really make that much of a difference. I think *most* people are doing a lot more online these days, receiving and paying bills, banking, emailing, etc. I only use the mail for birthday and Christmas cards.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

It's about dang time. Funny, I was JUST talking about this this afternoon with a coworker. Glad to see it's finally happening.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #39
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
Do you have a smartphone? I know I do my deposits through my Chase app. Take a pic, and submit. Can't be any easier and no need to get to the bank.
HOW DID I NEVER KNOW THIS EXISTED??!! Thank you so much. I just checked with my bank and downloaded the app. You are going to save me a HUGE amount of time that I spent commuting to the bank because our local branch recently closed, so every 2 weeks I was driving an hour to deposit my check.

Okay, forget what I said...the USPS can cut back on their days, now
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #40
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers

HOW DID I NEVER KNOW THIS EXISTED??!! Thank you so much. I just checked with my bank and downloaded the app. You are going to save me a HUGE amount of time that I spent commuting to the bank because our local branch recently closed, so every 2 weeks I was driving an hour to deposit my check.

Okay, forget what I said...the USPS can cut back on their days, now
You are very welcome! I can't remember the last time I actually went to a physical bank !
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #41
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
You are very welcome! I can't remember the last time I actually went to a physical bank !
My main bank offers this, but they charge $1.00 for every check you scan/upload. It's nice, but I won't do it. Fortunately, ING does it for free, so I often upload into my savings account there and transfer as need be. But I refuse to pay to give a bank my money. Nuts.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #42
PollyannaMom
I was a click-clack champ!!

I'll have to be a little more careful to get birthday cards into the mail on time, but otherwise I won't miss it. And I expect my carrier will enjoy spending Saturdays with her family for a change.

me, DH, DS(14), and lots of pets
PollyannaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
willowsnn3
Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

I don't get much mail either EXCEPT for my paycheck which usually comes on Friday. But sometimes it comes on Saturday. And no, no direct deposit from my employer, might cost him another penny, lol.

Book Challenge Goal 86/72

willowsnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #44
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Try their website. If you have everything boxed up you can probably find out the cost, and schedule a pick-up.
Will do. Thank you.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
Instead, why didn't you go to the electric company or State Farm and say you can't afford to pay them because you paid the USPS $60? I imagine they would have sneered a little too.
What's up with the sarcasm and nasty remark? Did I step on your toes somehow? That was totally uncalled for.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: