Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #361
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi View Post
Just wondering, is it Sean who picks who goes on the one on one dates, the group dates, etc or is it the producers?

Thanks,

Karen
The producers pick the types of dates they go on, though.

Sean was like a jack-o-lantern the whole time on his date with Catherine. She is definitely F2.

That whole polar bear plunge was just stupid. And Tierra...she is just such a phony lol.

I feel bad for Sarah. You could tell Sean didn't want to kiss her. He should have just waited until the rose ceremony to send her home so she'd have a normal exit, imo.
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #362
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Sean gave his 2 cents worth regarding Selma. I'm sure she's going to be thrilled when she reads it.

http://www.people.com/people/article...671201,00.html

Excerpt:

"Some of the women were willing to jump in the water, others were more reluctant – and then there was Selma. It didn't bother me that she didn't want to participate. It bothered me that she didn't even consider it. Later she told me that when she says no, nothing can change her mind. As if that's a good thing! I thought you were supposed to compromise and talk things through in a marriage. That reasoning was a large part of why I didn't give Selma a rose that week."

Don't you think if he felt that, he would've refrained from kissing her? He obviously knew by then.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #363
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzadi View Post
....they are more afraid to not do the stupid, life-threatening stunts. These girls would die for love, before they'd say no. "i love and respect myself enough to not do this. And i'll pass up this chance to be loved, if you wouldn't love me if i say no."
amen!!! And, AMEN!!!!!

And, let's not even get into the whole 'controlling male telling the women she should X,Y,X.. because he want's/says to... or else....'

This show, and it's PSYCHO women, dumb-as-rocks man, and literal death-defying, risk personal injury, fear-factor formula has now gotten to the point where it REALLY turns me off. As bad as it always has been, it was a guilty pleasure... entertainment... No longer.

Last edited by Wishing on a star; 02-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #364
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
He knew how important it was to her culture NOT to publicly kiss him and he let her do it, then was all cutesy about it. Dog!! She's adorable and the only woman independent enough to say-'this is a stupid idea and I'm not doing it.'
I have to jump in here, for the sake of our ongoing conversations... (nothing personal) and very strongly disagree.

Any woman who would play the "I will rub up against your entire body.. and flaunt my sexuality, and gaze into your eyes, but I won't kiss you", card... would have been GONE that day if it were me.

Also, think what you want... But any woman who would put her family/mother and her faith between her and a man she wants to marry... to say that, in effect... they control me.... they control us... Again, would be GONE, that day. (Not to mention that I would not want to be married to somebody of that particular faith anyhow.)
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #365
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Onto the note.... honestly, I believe it was written by Tierra. All the other girls seem to be level headed and mature. "Breaking up" by notewriting is downright school girlish. I can't see anyone doing that BUT Tierra. I have to believe the other girls would stand there and look Sean in the eye and tell him why they can't go on or whatever... I believe he either sends Tierra home early or she has a complete meltdown and leaves on her own accord... and then writes a letter at the last minute for more drama and to grab the spotlight again begging for another chance with him.
That's what I think happens.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #366
robinb
DIS Veteran

I don't know why my quoting isn't working now ...

Quote:
Sean gave his 2 cents worth regarding Selma. I'm sure she's going to be thrilled when she reads it.

Excerpt:

"Some of the women were willing to jump in the water, others were more reluctant – and then there was Selma. It didn't bother me that she didn't want to participate. It bothered me that she didn't even consider it. Later she told me that when she says no, nothing can change her mind. As if that's a good thing! I thought you were supposed to compromise and talk things through in a marriage. That reasoning was a large part of why I didn't give Selma a rose that week."

Don't you think if he felt that, he would've refrained from kissing her? He obviously knew by then.
Translation: She wouldn't let me cajole or bully her into going into the water and I only want someone I can control so she's history.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #367
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
Wait so she tells him to close his eyes and kisses him and it's his fault? Those were supposedly her morals, not his. I don't see how Sean is the dog in all of this. Besides the fact if morality was so important to her, and her family was shamed by her appearing on the show, she'd not have gone on the show. I personally think the whole story of her morality was written in for ratings..I highly doubt she is from a strict Muslim family otherwise she'd not even be there. Like most of the show, it was just part of the script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
I have to jump in here, for the sake of our ongoing conversations... (nothing personal) and very strongly disagree.

Any woman who would play the "I will rub up against your entire body.. and flaunt my sexuality, and gaze into your eyes, but I won't kiss you", card... would have been GONE that day if it were me.

Also, think what you want... But any woman who would put her family/mother and her faith between her and a man she wants to marry... to say that, in effect... they control me.... they control us... Again, would be GONE, that day. (Not to mention that I would not want to be married to somebody of that particular faith anyhow.)
I agree with both of these. Selma was not some innocent, naive girl from a super strict background. If she really respected her parents' feelings she would not have gone on the show, worn provocative clothing like she did or "pulled out the big guns" and kissed him on national TV. I think it was a part she was trying to play which backfired on her.

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #368
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
...That whole polar bear plunge was just stupid. And Tierra...she is just such a phony lol...

....ya THINK? I can't even stomach her....Sean is such an idiot - he deserves her....I can't imagine what he's thinking watching all of this unfold....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #369
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
oy vey. what drama will Tierra bring next week?

seriously. i hope HOPE that she truly is a plant. if he is really that stupid, then i'd hate to be the woman who ends up his final pick. i just cannot believe he'll pick her. but i think he's an idiot for keeping her this long (and i'd question his judgment if i was hoping to have a relationship with him).

i'm hoping that Ashlee isn't sealing her own doom. i would think he'd know that she is not about the drama. but gracious--Tierra is downright devious.

generally, if ALL of the other girls are against one, the problem usually isn't "all the other girls." the problem is usually the one. it reminds me of the advice that if "you" seem to have a problem with everyone, maybe the problem is really "you."
....that's what I don't get about Sean....srsly, he just CAN'T be that stupid....or is this just another case of 'lettin' the little man do all your thinking'...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #370
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
amen!!! And, AMEN!!!!!

And, let's not even get into the whole 'controlling male telling the women she should X,Y,X.. because he want's/says to... or else....'

This show, and it's PSYCHO women, dumb-as-rocks man, and literal death-defying, risk personal injury, fear-factor formula has now gotten to the point where it REALLY turns me off. As bad as it always has been, it was a guilty pleasure... entertainment... No longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I don't know why my quoting isn't working now ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post

Excerpt:

Translation: She wouldn't let me cajole or bully her into going into the water and I only want someone I can control so she's history.
How about Sean having some consideration for HER? It's not like she was just told about the polar bear plunge. She had a few minutes to think about it before walking over to Sean to tell him she wasn't going to do it. She considered it, if only for a split second and told him no. HE was the one who really didn't take her answer or reason into consideration. She didn't want to risk her life. He said something so stupid, "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. . ." He meant WITH HIM. Not that she couldn't come back & do it another time, or that THEY could come back at a later time.

And the reason he didn't think she considered it was because she didn't melt and give into all his charms or whatever when he tried to change her mind. If she had hemmed & hawed or guilt-tripped him into feeling bad for him & the show pressuring her and the other women into doing such death-defying STUNTS for no good reason, then maybe he'd have the sense to be abashed enough to understand she had a legitimate reason to say no. Like her life was on the line. But, his reptilian brain isn't that multi-dimensional in thinking beyond his own ego.

Security expert, Gavin de Becker, (not that this is a security situation,) says, "When a man says NO, it is the end of a conversation. When a woman says NO, it is the beginning of a negotiation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....ya THINK? I can't even stomach her....Sean is such an idiot - he deserves her....I can't imagine what he's thinking watching all of this unfold....
You're WATCHING the show???!!!???
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #371
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Has anyone else watched Emily's "Bachelor review" on E! Towards the beginning she said that she was nervous that Sean sent all the blondes home the first night and she hoped that she isn't the reason for that.

Last night Emily said she didn't understand all the hate for Tierra, that she didnt see anything wrong with what she has done and said so far, that she is aggressive and wants to spend time with Sean and there is one like that every season. As for Lindsay, Emily loves her and has since the first night when she "showed up in a wedding dress, wasted." It did not seem genuine with the way she said it.

IMHO Emily has changed so much in the way she conducts herself, and personally I think she has regrets about Sean.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #372
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
.....or is this just another case of 'lettin' the little man do all your thinking'...
But that's what I don't get! I would think the "little man" would be more interested in some of the other girls who have been sent home. I don't find Tierra at all attractive, but maybe guys see it differently.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #373
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxePrincess View Post
But that's what I don't get! I would think the "little man" would be more interested in some of the other girls who have been sent home. I don't find Tierra at all attractive, but maybe guys see it differently.
Funny, I think Tierra is the prettiest out of all of them
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #374
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I think you say things sometimes just to pull people's collective chains . BUT ... I also think she is pretty. I don't think she's ugly or odd looking at all . I think she is very vivacious when around Sean and that, in and of itself, is attractive.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #375
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I think you need a new tv. LOL By far the most beautiful was Selma. She was absolutely stunning. I cannot stand Tierra and her surprised eyebrow look. Or the way she always cocks one.

As always, I think Tierra is being kept around for the drama aspect. Without her, the show would be a bit blase this year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: