Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
PollyannaMom
I was a click-clack champ!!

Didn't the groundhog say early spring?

Seriously, though, my DS will be thrilled to have one great snow to get out in this year. He loves winter.

me, DH, DS(14), and lots of pets
PollyannaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyannaMom View Post
Didn't the groundhog say early spring?...
He did. But he may be a bit confused since no one would expect THIS to happen. It's still February after all.

Hope that the NorEaster doesn't hit you too hard.

nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

the maine news weather tracker has us in the 12 plus area...Now I really dont care about going outside in it...but I know there are so many that have to get in a car to go to work or to school...so whatever happens.
New England Peeps...be careful..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #19
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

LeeBee...go to WGME and see that Bangor and Orono area are in the 6 plus area of snow and also close to the 12 plus snow line...you never know what can happen ..so be prepared...

Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
Monte Cristo
I hear their eyes are everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Totally OT but is that a new little one in your life? Your dd is adorable and congratulations on your new bundle!
Yes it is, thank you. I probably should update that picture. No more kids for me! She has really been a challenge. Looks like we've rounded the corner though...
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #21
dwfanatic
DIS Veteran
Proud mommy of a new Disney "souvenir"!

I don't mind the snow, but I hate that my husband has to get to and from work in it. He works at a hospital, so he has to go in. Also, he has by what many New Englanders consider a 'bad' car for snow- a mustang (2007)...it has rear wheel drive, and is low to the ground. DOT never plows the streets in Hartford, but usually he braves the weather and gets home- he says HE knows how to drive his car in the snow At times, he has spent the night at the hospital if the weather is really bad, so that is the option I push for when it is bad out.
WDW Oct 1998 (off property), May 1999 (ASMo), May 2000(ASMo), May 2001(off property & CSR), August 2001 (ASSp), July 2002 (Off property), December 2002 (ASSp), January 2004 (POP- Cole's first trip!), August 2004 (off property and AK), March/April 2005 (POP), August 2008 (off property and BC), August 2011 (off property), August 2013 (off property) May 2014- Cruising on The Magic- adults only August 2015- B2B cruise on The Dream...with the kiddos Disneyland-- too many times to count!
dwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #22
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

My daughter is scheduled to fly out of Logan Friday night at 615pm to go to France for an exchange program. She will be so upset if the flight gets delayed.

The French students were here in October and got stranded for an extra weeek after the hurricane.

I have Friday off to say goodbye to my daughter so at least I don't have to travel too far.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfanatic View Post
I don't mind the snow, but I hate that my husband has to get to and from work in it. He works at a hospital, so he has to go in. Also, he has by what many New Englanders consider a 'bad' car for snow- a mustang (2007)...it has rear wheel drive, and is low to the ground. DOT never plows the streets in Hartford, but usually he braves the weather and gets home- he says HE knows how to drive his car in the snow At times, he has spent the night at the hospital if the weather is really bad, so that is the option I push for when it is bad out.
Ditto. I'll be going to work at the hospital, too. Although it's been a very long time since I've had anything but 4WD or AWD. One lady I work with drove a mini Cooper and called up every snowstorm saying she couldn't get out of her driveway. Not cool. Others can't go home if people don't show up. (Not saying your husband does this cause I see he makes it in his Mustang, lol. Just that a lot of people do and they really need to find a way to get in if they're an essential employee with a Disaster Pass on their ID - there for a reason. Vent over. )

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueInBoston View Post
Hoping it gets blow out to sea...or wherever....

Yes...PLEASE. Just not HERE

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #25
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
Ditto. I'll be going to work at the hospital, too. Although it's been a very long time since I've had anything but 4WD or AWD. One lady I work with drove a mini Cooper and called up every snowstorm saying she couldn't get out of her driveway. Not cool. Others can't go home if people don't show up. (Not saying your husband does this cause I see he makes it in his Mustang, lol. Just that a lot of people do and they really need to find a way to get in if they're an essential employee with a Disaster Pass on their ID - there for a reason. Vent over. )
For 7 years I worked over an hour away from work on a good day. On snow days I would trek into work only to find those people who lived close by had called out due to the snow. Used to drive me crazy.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #26
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle22 View Post
My daughter is scheduled to fly out of Logan Friday night at 615pm to go to France for an exchange program. She will be so upset if the flight gets delayed.

The French students were here in October and got stranded for an extra weeek after the hurricane.

I have Friday off to say goodbye to my daughter so at least I don't have to travel too far.
I assume the exchange program is making alternate flight plans by now, yes? That 6:00 flight is not going to happen. Can she switch to Fri morning? If not, she may not be going till they clear this mess up, maybe by Sat. night at the earliest.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
DMass
DIS Veteran

If you're looking for Nemo he'll be up here Friday and Saturday.

It's now Winter Storm Nemo.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #28
dwfanatic
DIS Veteran
Proud mommy of a new Disney "souvenir"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
I understand what you are saying Pea-n-Me After the two storms 2 years ago, he spent about 4 nights total at the hospital because our house was without power 2x's for an average of 4 days each time- he sleeps with a c-pap machine and it runs on electricity.

When we had bad snow storms a couple of years ago as well, he would just stay the night at the hospital so he did not have to worry about getting back to work in the morning. It aggrivates me when storms happen and other people's advice is just to not go into work- DH doesn't have that luxury. And don't get me started about how our state assumes no one works on the weekends (DH works every saturday from 3-11pm)- they NEVER plow highways and the city streets after like 4pm on the weekends (if they plow at all ) because they figure no one really has to work....grrrr- guess I had to vent, too!

ETA- during hurricane Sandy DH had to use his essential employee badge to get to work because our governor closed the highways and he wasn't about to try to get to work going on backroads.
WDW Oct 1998 (off property), May 1999 (ASMo), May 2000(ASMo), May 2001(off property & CSR), August 2001 (ASSp), July 2002 (Off property), December 2002 (ASSp), January 2004 (POP- Cole's first trip!), August 2004 (off property and AK), March/April 2005 (POP), August 2008 (off property and BC), August 2011 (off property), August 2013 (off property) May 2014- Cruising on The Magic- adults only August 2015- B2B cruise on The Dream...with the kiddos Disneyland-- too many times to count!
dwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER

DISboards Moderator

good lordy...I wish they would stop this forecasting stuff...now we are in the 24 inch area...YUCK

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #30
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
I assume the exchange program is making alternate flight plans by now, yes? That 6:00 flight is not going to happen. Can she switch to Fri morning? If not, she may not be going till they clear this mess up, maybe by Sat. night at the earliest.
I agree. You/the tour company should be trying to rebook them now. Don't wait, or there may not be room on the flights out for the next few days post-storm. Planes are flying less frequently and fuller than in the past, and people with the original bookings on those later flights won't be bumped in favor of the folks whose flight didn't go.
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: