DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
alicat07
Mouseketeer

Do we now get a 10% discount at all disney stores with our dvc card?

I was reading through the 2013 member perks, and in the past (as late as this past December) I've been told at the Disney store in our area that we do not get a discount in the store, only AP holders do. Is this wrong? Or is it a new perk for 2013? Or is it just for the stores in the park?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

As far as I know, it is only the stores at WDW, and that is a new DVC perk. DVC used to get 10% at the Disney Stores, but that ended when they were sold to Children's Place. Now that Disney controls the stores again, the perk was not re-instituted.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
alicat07
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, the past few years I have always gotten a 10% off in the park stores, even though u couldn't get it in the Disney stores at home. But also now you can get 10% off any purchase (started sometime last year I think) at disney store online using code *****. I'll have to check and copy and paste the member perks wording that made me think we could do it in the stores now. I'll do it when I get home, I can't do it from my phone lol!

Last edited by Chuck S; 02-05-2013 at 02:46 PM.
alicat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat07 View Post
Hmmm, the past few years I have always gotten a 10% off in the park stores, even though u couldn't get it in the Disney stores at home. But also now you can get 10% off any purchase (started sometime last year I think) at disney store online using code *****. I'll have to check and copy and paste the member perks wording that made me think we could do it in the stores now. I'll do it when I get home, I can't do it from my phone lol!
The 10% discount on the online store is not new, there have been codes for it on the DVC Member website, off and on, for years. Just a reminder that we do not allow the actual code to be posted here, as it is intended for DVC Members only, and this is an open forum.

DVC Members did not get a widespread 10% on the stores throughout the WDW parks until fairly recently. We have gotten specials at the World of Disney off and on (with a minimum $50 purchase) and at the DVC Resort stores, plus some stores around Downtown Disney. Disneyland, on the other hand, did have 10% throughout the park on store purchases last time I was out there. 10% Dining discounts have been pretty common, but locations changed often or the discount was only applied for lunch Monday through Friday. The AP 10% and PAP 20% store discounts have been around for a couple of years, and the PAP store discount was just dropped to 10% from 20%.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 02-05-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
alicat07
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the reply Chuck! I guess I was just wishful lol....I did notice that when we went to WDW 2 weeks ago that our DVC discount was available everywhere in WDW, and when I read the member perks yesterday for 2013 it sounded like that may have included the local stores as well. I guess not!! Thanks for the clarification...wishful thinking on my part! Haha!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
joxer1014
Mouseketeer

FWIW - DVC members in Nov/Dec received coupons to use in the Disney Stores. Then in the stores we were told that members just had to show their card and spend $50 to receive 10% off their purchase.

Right now I am not sure if we are doing the discount with card again or not. I tried checking with one of my managers but she wasn't sure and hasn't really followed up in finding an answer.
joxer1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Just back from DLR and we got 10% off everywhere, including the Disney owned stores.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

Quote:
Really? I know I saw a code on the members website but that was until December 31st only. We made numerous purchases early Jan and did not take advantage of a discount
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

We ask every place we go if they give a DVC discount. You have nothing to loose and it only takes a second to ask. Last trip i accidentally asked at walmart. She said no by the way... We use ours at WOD but not a real fan of that store. It is such a zoo... Just check your portable perks fold out, you now have to ask for them when you check in. They are no longer part of your check in packet.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 2 princesses View Post
Really? I know I saw a code on the members website but that was until December 31st only. We made numerous purchases early Jan and did not take advantage of a discount
To add, I was talking about the on-line Disney store. We did get the discount at the WDW stores, but you had to have your blue card.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
I was reading through the 2013 member perks, and in the past (as late as this past December) I've been told at the Disney store in our area that we do not get a discount in the store, only AP holders do. Is this wrong? Or is it a new perk for 2013? Or is it just for the stores in the park?
In the parks -- WDW and DL, can't tell you if the other parks overseas give a discount or not.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
alicat07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 2 princesses View Post
You are correct! I just realized that I placed many orders for Christmas, but have not placed one in the new year. That original code did expire!

Thanks for letting me know, I guess I'm all out of sorts lol!! I hope we get some extra codes or discounts to use in the stores...although I'm slightly glad there aren't any bc then I won't be tempted to spend while I'm home! We spent enough while in WDW 2 weeks ago! Haha!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
We ask every place we go if they give a DVC discount. You have nothing to loose and it only takes a second to ask.
Takes me a couple days each trip to get in the swing of asking "Do you offer discounts for DVC, Annual pass or AAA members?" If the answer is yes I then ask which discount is the best. (For those curious, AAA has in the past applied to watercraft rentals)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

My local disney store gives me 10% off anytime I show my card! The manager there is a dvc member too and we always have lots to talk about!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: