Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #3046
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
I am getting excited -DW gave the green light to start planning a trip to The World in late July/early August!

We are thinking about trying Pop Century this time to keep it on the less expensive side (if there is such a thing when talking about a visit to WDW.) Coronado Springs is another possibility. We wanted to stay at a resort we haven't stayed at before, so that leaves out CBR, POR and POFQ. I really want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but that is a big money difference from Pop or even CSR - so maybe next year.

Since we have only stayed at Moderates, I am hoping we won't be disappointed by Pop Century. But we really don't spend much time around the resort anyway. We always do rope drops, but we do come back to the resort for a nap or light swimming in the afternoon before heading back out to the parks in the early evenings. Would Pop be 'louder' during the day as compared to CSR (making it even tougher to get a nap in?)

Any feedback on CSR vs. Pop? I realize they are two different classes, but I would like to hear if anyone has strong opinions on either.
Planning our late August trip now. We may go Poly if the discounts work.

As stated, the beds are the biggest difference. We also like the moderates because they seem a little quieter. POP is great for younger kids though as the theming is very nice. Check discounts for August. I they come out in late March from what I remember. With discounts, the pricing may be very close. if that is the case, I would go with the Mod.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #3047
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonag1 View Post
Its Cliff, and I am pretty sure I never knew yours.
Anyway I am sure we can meet up at some point. We will probably only be doing counter service dinners at the parks, doing breakfast and lunch at the room (we have kitchens and beds).
The only out of park things we are looking at is maybe Fantasia Gardens for golf and a beach day. We can go to the gulf beach here but it is "brown water" beach not "blue water".
Hey Cliff. Mine is in my signature (Jim). We do CS for lunch when we are in the parks. Save the sit downs for dinner time(also depends on if we get FD or not). Definitely have to plan to say hello as it gets closer.

Fantasia golf is fun. We talked about maybe taking a day and driving to Daytona Beach, but not sure if that fits the plans yet(especially if we do Seaworld or IOA/US). The wife loves the beach and I remember we used to go there when we went to Disney as kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning David and all the other guys!

Thoughts and Prayers if you are in need! Hello to all the new guys!

Things are pretty crazy here, I'm swamped with work, spend most of my days pouring over drawings and technical documentation trying to write several technical manuals at the same time. On a short development cycle. Had a big meeting yesterday with one of our customers who pretty much crushed the one part of my job I really enjoyed. Oh and did I mention we are trying to refinance the house right now? Started that process of the weekend.

June and our trip to the World cant come soon enough.

Matt
Morning Matt. June will come fast, hang in there.

I got a not so nice message from a customer in Ireland this morning. I understood about every 3rd word due to the accent and extremely loud tone. It seems our sales manager made a promise that there was no way we would ever be able to keep. He plans to call back later. Lucky me.

Refinanced two weeks ago. Rate at 2.5% now. Can't get much lower than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
4 days until Cruise time...

Wooo Hooo....

Oh, and Morning Dads...
Have a great time and watch out for pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Morning, guys! Just stopping by to check my ticker...
I go to the doctor for that.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #3048
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 12,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Ticker or it doesn't happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Well - it's not a DCL cruise - so tickers don't count!
What Scott says is actually true...

It was so last minute, I didn't bother with a ticker...

Which by the way is the BEST way to book a vacation I am finding... No having to wait months, or even a year plus... I booked 16 days out and the time seems to fly.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #3049
baseballmickey
DDC #644
 
baseballmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,958

Good Morning, Gentlemen (and the rest of you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Wow are you feeling ok? Doing laundry, getting up early and going for a run; I need a nap.
Well, I set my alarm but didn't hear it this morning. DW says she didn't hear it either. I have to look into another alarm.

So, I missed my window of opportunity to run before she left for work. I don't have a jogging stroller to take DS with me (and even if I did, I'd want something to shield him from the cold wind) and I don't have a treadmill. So, my choices are to either run in place inside the house, or just wait until this evening and run when I get home from work.

In desperate need of laundry since we were without that dryer for about 3 weeks. At least I can accomplish that today.


I had a dream last night that I was walking around World Showcase pushing my son in a shopping cart. It's surprising that I don't have that dream more often. Considering how much I think about WDW and how often I'm pushing my son around in a shopping cart.
__________________
DW - Lisa, DD(6) - Isabella, DS(2) - Jackson

.
Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
.
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
.
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #3050
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)
 
BigTex71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Planning our late August trip now. We may go Poly if the discounts work.

As stated, the beds are the biggest difference. We also like the moderates because they seem a little quieter. POP is great for younger kids though as the theming is very nice. Check discounts for August. I they come out in late March from what I remember. With discounts, the pricing may be very close. if that is the case, I would go with the Mod.
Congrats on the August trip!

Well, DW apparently jumped the gun and told me last night we should wait until Christmas time or afterwards for our trip, due to budgeting. She forgot to figure in her doctor bills we will be receiving soon for the surgery she had at the end of December.

So now I am going to tentatively plan a trip at one of my favorite times to go (crowd and temperature-wise) - the end of January/early February (see my Trip Report linked in my sig - an AWESOME time for a Disney vacation!) I will probably have to coax DW into taking the kids out of school for a week, but we have done it before and it was handled well. If that turns into a bigger issue, then it will have to be summer of next year. Either way, I am now planning a Wilderness Lodge stay - it is my form of redemption for DW teasing me.

Oh, and I have the discounts thing covered. (I am one of the DisDads travel agents.)
__________________
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011


me dw ds(13) dd(7)

BigTex71 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #3051
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you
 
Cinderella's Fella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Maryland, Land of Merry!
Posts: 12,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Congrats on the August trip!

Well, DW apparently jumped the gun and told me last night we should wait until Christmas time or afterwards for our trip, due to budgeting. She forgot to figure in her doctor bills we will be receiving soon for the surgery she had at the end of December.

So now I am going to tentatively plan a trip at one of my favorite times to go (crowd and temperature-wise) - the end of January/early February (see my Trip Report linked in my sig - an AWESOME time for a Disney vacation!) I will probably have to coax DW into taking the kids out of school for a week, but we have done it before and it was handled well. If that turns into a bigger issue, then it will have to be summer of next year. Either way, I am now planning a Wilderness Lodge stay - it is my form of redemption for DW teasing me.

Oh, and I have the discounts thing covered. (I am one of the DisDads travel agents.)
John, a bunch of us will be there for the marathon in January. It would be cool if you joined us then.
__________________
DW Jodi Me Randall DISDads Chief Bacon Officer!



Cinderella's Fella is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #3052
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)
 
BigTex71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
John, a bunch of us will be there for the marathon in January. It would be cool if you joined us then.
DW's work schedule allows for us to take a vacation after the 25th of a month up until the first week of the next month. So it looks like Jan 9 - 12 is out of our 'window'.
__________________
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011


me dw ds(13) dd(7)

BigTex71 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #3053
baseballmickey
DDC #644
 
baseballmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Congrats on the August trip!

Well, DW apparently jumped the gun and told me last night we should wait until Christmas time or afterwards for our trip, due to budgeting. She forgot to figure in her doctor bills we will be receiving soon for the surgery she had at the end of December.

So now I am going to tentatively plan a trip at one of my favorite times to go (crowd and temperature-wise) - the end of January/early February (see my Trip Report linked in my sig - an AWESOME time for a Disney vacation!) I will probably have to coax DW into taking the kids out of school for a week, but we have done it before and it was handled well. If that turns into a bigger issue, then it will have to be summer of next year. Either way, I am now planning a Wilderness Lodge stay - it is my form of redemption for DW teasing me.

Oh, and I have the discounts thing covered. (I am one of the DisDads travel agents.)
Glad to hear a trip is in the works. I heartily agree that late january/early february is an AWESOME time to go. I've never been on vacation there at that time, but I remember what the weather and crowd levels were like during my stint as a CM which started in mid-January. I'd love to convince the wife to pull the kids out of school to do it, but unfortunately, that means pulling herself out of school too. That's not happening. So unless we hit the lottery or I find a job that pays me enough for her to retire... it's peak season for us for anything more than a weekend trip.
__________________
DW - Lisa, DD(6) - Isabella, DS(2) - Jackson

.
Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
.
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
.
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #3054
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little
 
Goofy + 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,708

Woo-hoo! I've never been so happy to get bad news! Some of you may recall that I had some serious stomach issues that almost cancelled my trip in January. That ailment also messed me up big time for the half-marathon. After a month and no improvement, we just got the results of some bloodwork. I have some ulcer-causing bacteria in my gut! Isn't that awesome! That means I have a good excuse for getting such a bad time for the race. It also means I don't have pancreatic cancer which crossed my mind. Two weeks of some heavy duty antibiotics and a crap load of pepto and I should be good to go. Hooray for bacteria!!
__________________
me Chris (40) DW (37) DD (9) DS(7) DD(4)
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #3055
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,453

We have passes expiring in early June so I just booked 4 nights at the end of May. Last leg of the trip driving the Pirate Princess home from school. Only Studio available for the dates was at Saratoga. One of two resorts where I have yet to visit. Had no desire to do so but it could be interesting. Wait listed at AKL and VWL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
4 days until Cruise time...

Wooo Hooo....

Oh, and Morning Dads...
Cool. Forgot where you are going. Remind us and rub it in a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey CJ, I'll save a snowball for you in the freezer.
Thanks. I appreciate it. Just make sure it isn't yellow.
cj9200 is online now  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3056
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)
 
BigTex71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Glad to hear a trip is in the works. I heartily agree that late january/early february is an AWESOME time to go. I've never been on vacation there at that time, but I remember what the weather and crowd levels were like during my stint as a CM which started in mid-January. I'd love to convince the wife to pull the kids out of school to do it, but unfortunately, that means pulling herself out of school too. That's not happening. So unless we hit the lottery or I find a job that pays me enough for her to retire... it's peak season for us for anything more than a weekend trip.
Well, the Powerball is over $200 million for tonight. Just sayin'...
__________________
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011


me dw ds(13) dd(7)

BigTex71 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #3057
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 12,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Cool. Forgot where you are going. Remind us and rub it in a little.
7 Day Carnival - out of Port of Baltimore, with a stops in:

Port Canveral - Gonna rent a car and head up to DTD for the day
Nassau, Bahamas
Freeport, Bahamas

__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD11 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #3058
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little
 
Goofy + 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,708

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
7 Day Carnival - out of Port of Baltimore, with a stops in:

Port Canveral - Gonna rent a car and head up to DTD for the day
Nassau, Bahamas
Freeport, Bahamas

Hmmm... Toronto in February or Bahamas in February.. You chose wisely.
__________________
me Chris (40) DW (37) DD (9) DS(7) DD(4)
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #3059
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?
 
BigTikiDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 5,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I got a not so nice message from a customer in Ireland this morning. I understood about every 3rd word due to the accent and extremely loud tone. It seems our sales manager made a promise that there was no way we would ever be able to keep. He plans to call back later. Lucky me.
Makes me think of the leprechan from the Simpsons


Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
It was so last minute, I didn't bother with a ticker...

Which by the way is the BEST way to book a vacation I am finding... No having to wait months, or even a year plus... I booked 16 days out and the time seems to fly.
Disney Trip #2 was done on the fly, just over a month from when we went. Went to Sears to get Christmas pics done, saw a deal posted on the travel dept right beside the studio, and we booked for the next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Woo-hoo! I've never been so happy to get bad news! Some of you may recall that I had some serious stomach issues that almost cancelled my trip in January. That ailment also messed me up big time for the half-marathon. After a month and no improvement, we just got the results of some bloodwork. I have some ulcer-causing bacteria in my gut! Isn't that awesome! That means I have a good excuse for getting such a bad time for the race. It also means I don't have pancreatic cancer which crossed my mind. Two weeks of some heavy duty antibiotics and a crap load of pepto and I should be good to go. Hooray for bacteria!!
Good news that it was not as serious as it could have been. Easily treatable is definitely better then the alternative...
__________________
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #3060
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN
 
Wherem I Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 2,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Well - it's not a DCL cruise - so tickers don't count!
There are cruises other than DCL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Hmmm... Toronto in February or Bahamas in February.. You chose wisely.
__________________
Mike
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Wherem I Now is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.