Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #121
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders View Post
We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam
curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didnt write it down.
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #122
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didn't write it down.
For the 2/15 and 3/1 cruises, IGTs were going for $698/pp [OGTs for $798; VGTs for $898]. IGTs haven't been offered yet on any of the other 8-nt Bahamian cruises, but I believe that all 6 categories of inside cabins (10A-C & 11A-C) are still available at least for May The Royals and 2-bdrm suites are booked. I don't know how up-to-date these figures are, but there seems to be cabins in most categories available for the May cruise.

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #123
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Wait and See

Quote:
curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didnt write it down.
Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #124
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Based on info posted above by others, I have created the chart below to help visualize dinner rotation and attire.

Day Night Rotation 1 Rotation 2 Rotation 3 Attire
Fri 1 L A P Casual
Sat 2 A P L Formal
Sun 3 A P L Casual
Mon 4 P L A Casual
Tue 5 O O O Open
Wed 6 A P L Pirate
Thu 7 P L A Semi
Fri 8 L A P Casual

Note: the chart looks better in excel

I am leaning towards Rotation 3, but the family has not yet weighed in. Which do you prefer?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #125
wajones2
Mouseketeer

OhioInlanders - love the chart! I was attempting to do something similar using a print out of "Your Cruise At a Glance" that was posted, but I like yours better. Much easier to see how it shakes out for the week on all 3 rotations.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #126
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what theme our formal night will be.

We asked for rotation 1 but 2nd guessing, lol
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #127
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Formal Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
Does anyone know what theme our formal night will be.
lovetotraveltx,

For the January 18 sailing the Formal Night was the second night and the menu was Prince & Princess. Is that what you are asking?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #128
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.
call me crazy , but i spent hours, , lookiing at what is left for inside cabins and there are 94 empty inside cabins and tons of ocean view.....havent made it to check balcony's yet.....so I am thinking now they might need to put those GT rates out there to fill the ship! JUST my opinion.....but the ship is pretty empty from looking at the deck plans and highlighting the available inside/oceanview rooms alone.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #129
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lovetotraveltx,

For the January 18 sailing the Formal Night was the second night and the menu was Prince & Princess. Is that what you are asking?
Yes thank you! On one of my other threads she said on 7 night cruises it was golden mickeys for formal night!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #130
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

I know it's kind of early but are we going to all meet at some point?

Where is everyone that's driving to the port parking?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #131
wajones2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
call me crazy , but i spent hours, , lookiing at what is left for inside cabins and there are 94 empty inside cabins and tons of ocean view.....havent made it to check balcony's yet.....so I am thinking now they might need to put those GT rates out there to fill the ship! JUST my opinion.....but the ship is pretty empty from looking at the deck plans and highlighting the available inside/oceanview rooms alone.
So maybe we will not have problems getting the departure time/part we want for the WDW day on Saturday when the booking opens up !
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #132
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Call Me Crazy

Quote:
You're not crazy
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #133
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel View Post
For the 2/15 and 3/1 cruises, IGTs were going for $698/pp [OGTs for $798; VGTs for $898]. IGTs haven't been offered yet on any of the other 8-nt Bahamian cruises, but I believe that all 6 categories of inside cabins (10A-C & 11A-C) are still available at least for May The Royals and 2-bdrm suites are booked. I don't know how up-to-date these figures are, but there seems to be cabins in most categories available for the May cruise.
somehow i missed this from before, THANKS, i am so torn about cancelling....it would save me $925, but I am one who doesnt want 1/2nd deck and therefore, not sold on giving up my deck 6 cabin.....sorry to drive you all nutz with this.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #134
s232271
Mouseketeer

they just posted OGT/VGT rates for March 1st cruise, again, but NO IGT.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #135
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

GT Rates

Quote:
they just posted OGT/VGT rates for March 1st cruise, again, but NO IGT.
s232271,

How do YOU know when these rates are posted?

--Adam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: