Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
MsBear02
Earning My Ears

Meet up B4 check in for Spring 13 for College Program

Hello Fellow Dis People..

My name is Jen and I got accepted into the CP for 2o13 spring advantage.

My role will be housekeeping and I already read the threads, but was wondering if there was anyone that wanted to talk on here about getting into 2013 and has the same arrival date as me, I'm set to be there on feb. 11, 2013.

Also if anyone has any pointers for the CP program or just tips to being hiring on after CP program.

Im really excited and wanted to meet anyone that is gonna get there at the same check in time.

Contact me here!!

Wish me luck!!
MsBear02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
Musings
Mouseketeer

You can extend on after your original CP and then become a seasonal CM iirc. But not everyone's extension request is granted. The best way I would presume is like every job - be on time, connect with your managers, don't call out sick, do your best at your assigned job and so forth.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
captainjanesparrow
Earning My Ears

Fellow CP

I arrive on Feb 4th for check in. I accepted a concierge position.
captainjanesparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
MsBear02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjanesparrow
I arrive on Feb 4th for check in. I accepted a concierge position.
That's awesome!! How was your 1st day?
MsBear02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Musings
Mouseketeer

The biggest thing I cannot impress enough is buy a mattress topper. I tried a mattress pad only and could not sleep at all this last day. Next day I hopped a bus to Walmart and bought a mattress topper, about 1.5 inch thick. A comforter might help additionally if you need one but that took care of all my problems personally. It is worth splurging on the mattress topper.

If you want a router, I suggest finding one online and looking around for the cheapest but still efficient routers. Mine was about $25, I looked at the routers at Walmart, they run about $45 just to start with.

Prepare for a long day the first day, you won't have time to eat or sit usually. It is waiting in line but goes by fast. I arrived at 7 am, it is a later arrival date but there should be people lining up ridiculously early. This last arrival date people arrived at 11:30 PM. I don't particularly recommend it. If you want to arrive that early, be prepared for the cold, it is not freezing compared to some areas but it is still colder. Then you usually won't have traditions until that Thursday so you'll have a few days to unpack/get acquainted with the area.

Good luck! Make sure to have your passport, or driver's license/permit/state ID with your social security card. Also make sure to have a voided check or a letter from your bank. If you don't have it, they'll give you a payroll card if your online forms haven't been completed.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cp 2013, housekeeping cp, tips for cp(s)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: