Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #2611
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
We stayed at the Swan once with the kids and really liked the area. My DH has a soft spot for Poly CL though, even though he loves Epcot. I really wanted to do a spot just for us so i wouldn't keep being reminded of my kiddo's and miss them Even though my baby will be 12 1/2 when we go. They all still love WDW so much.

I am taking DD12 in 6 days with my brother and neice so hopefully she will do ok with her Grandparents while we go.
I have a soft spot for Poly too but the rates were just too high this spring!

My BWV trip is just the ladies - no kids - so if you're missing yours we should meet up & say hello! I go WDW about 2-3 times a year without my kids - they've learned that this is how it is lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No, I don't have a log for the Inners, but I can put you in the Lodgers' Log for BWI, too. I have myself down for FWC
I'm a Logger & an Inner!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #2612
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

My BWV trip is just the ladies - no kids - so if you're missing yours we should meet up & say hello! I go WDW about 2-3 times a year without my kids - they've learned that this is how it is lol!!!

Aren't they fun! I've been going on ladies trips for the last 7 years. Some years I get to sneak two in, hoping for F & W this year.

We were Polynasian faithfuls but after staying at BW last year, I converted.
The rates are too much for me to justify staying Polynesian after so many times.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #2613
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Dedicated studios

Hi everyone. Just wondering if all of them are in the same area. We have 2 garden/pool view studios booked and have requested dedicated studios. Also, do any of them connect?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #2614
SnowWhite3
Earning My Ears

Question about parking..

I was wondering if the self parking at BWI has been a problem for anyone. We plan to use the car at least once a day to go visit our doggie at Best Friends PetCare. We did this last year at AKL and didn't find it a problem but I have read the parking at BWI can be an issue. Feeling unsure about my resort decision...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #2615
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite3
I was wondering if the self parking at BWI has been a problem for anyone. We plan to use the car at least once a day to go visit our doggie at Best Friends PetCare. We did this last year at AKL and didn't find it a problem but I have read the parking at BWI can be an issue. Feeling unsure about my resort decision...
We used self parking in October and had no problems. They have an overflow lot across the bridge and there are plenty of spots.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2616
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

I'm a Logger & an Inner!
Or are you a Lodger and a BoardWalker. Well, at least your kids won't be with you when you're BoardWalking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite3 View Post
We didn't have any problem either. It's less than a 5 minute walk back to the lobby. I think the only parking issue I might have read about are those who aren't staying at BWI/BWV who try to park there because they have an ADR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess View Post
Hi everyone. Just wondering if all of them are in the same area. We have 2 garden/pool view studios booked and have requested dedicated studios. Also, do any of them connect?
Welcome! I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I know one of our DVC/BWV experts will soon
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2617
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess View Post
I don't know if any of them connect, or if they are in more than one area (helpful, aren't I?). However, the most popular garden/pool view studio request recommended here is the Village Green (the area above the wyland gallery) because of the good views and proximity to the elevators. That whole area is only studios. We usually stay in a 1BR, so we haven't stayed there ourselves, but people seem very happy with it.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #2618
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Just did my online checkin. What a pain! I am not loving the new website changes. Very annoying and frustrating.

Anyways, my last family trip we had 3 studios at the Boardwalk and were over the Wyland Gallerys (praying we get to stay in that area again this trip as we have 2 rooms and my parents and the proximity is great). Last time all 3 of our rooms were in a row but there was no connecting doors. I don't think they would do that for studios, only connecting for a 2 bedroom, but I could be wrong.

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL 15-AKV

Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #2619
SnowWhite3
Earning My Ears

Calling all Boardwalk experts

We have never stayed at BWI before or even been to the Boardwalk for that matter....please tell me what shouldn't we miss? We have 2 tweens (boy & girl).Looking forward to some sun!!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #2620
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

AllEars recently updated their BWI photo gallery:

http://allears.net/acc/g_bwi.htm
Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #2621
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite3 View Post
We have never stayed at BWI before or even been to the Boardwalk for that matter....please tell me what shouldn't we miss? We have 2 tweens (boy & girl).Looking forward to some sun!!

Take a stroll around the BW. We enjoy walking to DHS and Epcot. It's fun to make a stop at the YC and just sit in the lobby or look around the shop. Explore BWI some inside and out. The BW entertainers appear nightly and are lots of fun. They perform between the marina and BWI. I hope you have lots of fun in the sun!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #2622
jamerican
Disney Addict

Staying at BWV for the first time in October and wondered the same thing...also...does anyone know if you can go to Beaches and Cream in BC and have just the kitchen sink...not make reservations and Table Service arrangements...think the kids 9 and 8, would love that Thanks!

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #2623
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
Staying at BWV for the first time in October and wondered the same thing...also...does anyone know if you can go to Beaches and Cream in BC and have just the kitchen sink...not make reservations and Table Service arrangements...think the kids 9 and 8, would love that Thanks!
Beaches & Cream isn't table service, you can't make a reservation for it, it's a walk-up. Absolutely you can go in just for ice cream, we do it all the time. Just be sure you're aware that there is usually a wait, especially right after Illuminations is over. There are plenty of tables & chairs outside that you can sit at to wait that overlook Storm Along Bay. They do have a take-out window for ice cream (not for the kitchen sink though!) if the wait is too long.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #2624
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
Welcome! In my experience, the wait without an ADR at B&C has always been too long for us and outdoor seating was full. But, you can order anything to-go and/or go without an ADR and wait and you can always pay out of pocket for anything you want at WDW.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #2625
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Beaches & Cream isn't table service, you can't make a reservation for it, it's a walk-up. Absolutely you can go in just for ice cream, we do it all the time. Just be sure you're aware that there is usually a wait, especially right after Illuminations is over. There are plenty of tables & chairs outside that you can sit at to wait that overlook Storm Along Bay. They do have a take-out window for ice cream (not for the kitchen sink though!) if the wait is too long.
I thought the same as you so I just checked the ADR site before posting above and it is a TS and you can make an ADR.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...eam-soda-shop/
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Casual Dining
$ - $$, American
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Table Service
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: