Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

We love everything about CBR. The grounds and landscaping our beautiful along with the white sandy beaches with hammocks. The main pool is great but we prefer the quiet pools in the villages. The rooms are a very nice size and the double beds don't bother us. We love the two double sinks with the storage for all of our things. We, also, request Jamaica or Aruba. This is a short walk over the bridge to the main pool, food court, and gift shop. We have never had a problem with the buses. We are looking forward to our July trip and we are again staying at CBR.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Thanks again
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
JimGA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
I am looking to stay at a Moderate however only one available is Caribbean Beach. Is this resort truly old and out dated?
We stayed there back in Feb 2012, it is a beautiful resort, we were in the Trinidad section. Short walk to the main center. Our only complaint was the room A/C unit had that old musky smell coming from it.

Disney World 1978, 1995, 2010, 2011
PORS 2010, POFQ 2011, CBR 2012

Disney Dream, May 2013
Disney Fantasy, Thanksgiving 2015
JimGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #19
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
I am looking to stay at a Moderate however only one available is Caribbean Beach. Is this resort truly old and out dated?
No CBR is certainly not truly old and outdated. We just stayed there in December, had a beautiful room in North Trinidad.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #20
AllyElly
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I am also looking to stay at CBR, but was wondering how crowded the buses get at the end of the night. I have only stayed at Pop and you are crammed in that bus without an inch to spare, which usually doesn't bother me, however I am braving a trip with just me and my two kids (3 & 5). I was hoping the buses may not be as crowded as they are with Pop. We don't need a seat, but just some room to maneuver would be nice. I am also hoping to stay in one of the pirate rooms since the kids are big pirate fans, are these too inconviently located to be worth it?

Thanks!
AllyElly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyElly View Post
Hello!

I am also looking to stay at CBR, but was wondering how crowded the buses get at the end of the night. I have only stayed at Pop and you are crammed in that bus without an inch to spare, which usually doesn't bother me, however I am braving a trip with just me and my two kids (3 & 5). I was hoping the buses may not be as crowded as they are with Pop. We don't need a seat, but just some room to maneuver would be nice. I am also hoping to stay in one of the pirate rooms since the kids are big pirate fans, are these too inconviently located to be worth it?

Thanks!
The buses for CBR also get crowded at the end of the night. We have found it best to either leave before any fireworks (wishes, illuminations, etc) or hang around for 30-40 minutes after them. Either one of those normally gets us seats on the bus ride back.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #22
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyElly View Post
Hello!

Thanks!
I honestly do not know of a resort bus that isn't crowded at the end of the night. We loved our pirate room but they are the farthest away from the pool and food court. Since you are by yourself and I would assume with a 3 year old you will have a stroller, be sure to request a ground floor room.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
I honestly do not know of a resort bus that isn't crowded at the end of the night. We loved our pirate room but they are the farthest away from the pool and food court. Since you are by yourself and I would assume with a 3 year old you will have a stroller, be sure to request a ground floor room.
Ditto on the buses. Every single resort packs their buses full at the end of the night.

And while the Pirate rooms do look cool, you may want to give it some extra thought. They are far away from everything. Plus the bus stop at that section is typically the last stop on the way to/from the parks. Which makes the odds of you getting a seat going to the parks low, and means you will have a bit of a ride around the resort when you are going back to your room at night.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: