DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

So Thankful for DVC

We just returned Tuesday night from a fantastic trip. Our son was born in August, so we took him for his first trip. We booked last minute (for DVC) at 4 months out, and we didn't want a split stay with an infant. We were happy that BCV was available for our entire week. We own at BWV, so we know the location, but hadn't stayed at BCV yet. We enjoyed our week, made wonderful memories, and can't wait to go back again. We didn't do a trip report, but we made a video, and the link is in my signature. (Edited to add a link in the text. See the video here. We're so thankful that we own DVC so that we can make memories like this as a family.

Last edited by Disney Princess; 02-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Sounds wonderful! I love trips were lots of special memories are made.

Last edited by Doug7856; 02-02-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: corrected
Doug7856 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
bratgirl
Earning My Ears

Loved your video Best part of Disney for old timers is watching the kids and their reactions to the special magic of Disney
bratgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Adorable video! We're going in October, with our 7 year old, then almost 9 month old, 16 month old, & 27 month old grandsons, on their first Disney trip,so it was great seeing this. Your little boy is precious! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by TeresaNJ; 02-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful video!!! Jack is a cutie. I love Disney. Just the way they cater to all ages. Love those snapshots with Jack in the laps of the Princesses.

The last picture with the 3 of you says it all. Even though he doesn't remember, this video will remind him.

I bought my grandson that same mickey outfit.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

awesome video! looks like you all had a great time. Jack is adorable! Thank you for sharing.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

WOW, what a great video! He'll love it when gets older. My adult daughter thinks you're never too young for Disney, and she may be right! I told her I'd take the entire family when my grandson is about 2 1/2 toward the end of 2014. By then, though, we may have another baby to bring. Glad you had a great time!
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
Sounds wonderful! I love trips were lots of special memories are made.
Thanks. We did have a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratgirl View Post
Loved your video Best part of Disney for old timers is watching the kids and their reactions to the special magic of Disney
Thank you. It was a new experience seeing what was magical to our son. Made me love it all even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
Adorable video! We're going in October, with our 7 year old, then almost 9 month old, 16 month old, & 27 month old grandsons, on their first Disney trip,so it was great seeing this. Your little boy is precious! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. You are going to have a fantastic time! Take lots of pictures and be sure to share a few with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
What a wonderful video!!! Jack is a cutie. I love Disney. Just the way they cater to all ages. Love those snapshots with Jack in the laps of the Princesses.

The last picture with the 3 of you says it all. Even though he doesn't remember, this video will remind him.

I bought my grandson that same mickey outfit.
Too funny - our Mickey outfit was from grandma before we left. The princesses (and all the characters) were so wonderful and patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
awesome video! looks like you all had a great time. Jack is adorable! Thank you for sharing.
Thanks! It was a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Al View Post
WOW, what a great video! He'll love it when gets older. My adult daughter thinks you're never too young for Disney, and she may be right! I told her I'd take the entire family when my grandson is about 2 1/2 toward the end of 2014. By then, though, we may have another baby to bring. Glad you had a great time!
I agree with your daughter! Never too old or too young to have fun at Disney World. I hope you have fun planning your family trip. What a great time of memories that will be!

Last edited by Disney Princess; 02-02-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
rklives
Earning My Ears

Moments like that definetly justify DVC
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
ValDawg
Earning My Ears

Love your video!! So sweet. Looks like it was an amazing trip with many more memories to come in the future! Me and my DH just got married and just bought DVC, we cannot wait to take our future children on trips! I'm so happy we bought now so we know we have many many future trips!

1985-1999 (Childhood trips!!) 2001-AS Sports 3/2008-ASMu 5/2009-OKW 5/2011-ASMu Disneymoon- 8/2012-BC ! 4/2013-BWV 8/2013 Anniversary Trip SSR10/2013 AKV 1/2014 AKV 3/2014 Birthday Trip! AKV 10/2014 OKW Upcoming 1/2015 BFF Bday Trip CSR 4/2015 Late Bday Trip BWV
ValDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Great video! Your son is a real cutie and so responsive to everyone. No wonder so many CMs and characters came up to talk to him. He my not have any memory of his own of this vacation but your video will be something he'll play over and over when he's older.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

I have never understood the rational "Babies are too young to go to Disney because they will not remember anything". If this is the case, why do people bother with a baby's first birthday party? Which many families really make a big deal out of.

Others are afraid to bring an infant to Disney because there are crowds.
When our daughter was born we wanted to go to Disneyland for the day about two weeks after. We called the Doctor and asked his opinion about when we could safely take her there. He said "if she is healthy enough to leave the hospital, she is healthy enough to go to Disneyland". That put an end to our concerns.

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

Just watched the video. It was fun watching him "Chew" his way thorough Disney World.

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Great video, your kid is never to young to go. We took our 1st daughter when she was a little over 1.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rklives View Post
Moments like that definetly justify DVC
Absolutely. We loved it as a couple, but we're so thankful to have it for our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValDawg View Post
Love your video!! So sweet. Looks like it was an amazing trip with many more memories to come in the future! Me and my DH just got married and just bought DVC, we cannot wait to take our future children on trips! I'm so happy we bought now so we know we have many many future trips!
We bought in 2008 after having been married for two years. We've had wonderful vacations pre-baby; we've taken our parents, had romantic getaways, and took our last trip while pregnant. We are looking forward to more trips as a family as well. We're so grateful we bought before the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
Great video! Your son is a real cutie and so responsive to everyone. No wonder so many CMs and characters came up to talk to him. He my not have any memory of his own of this vacation but your video will be something he'll play over and over when he's older.
Thanks! He is very alert most of the time. We definitely watch it over and over now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
I have never understood the rational "Babies are too young to go to Disney because they will not remember anything". If this is the case, why do people bother with a baby's first birthday party? Which many families really make a big deal out of.

Others are afraid to bring an infant to Disney because there are crowds.
When our daughter was born we wanted to go to Disneyland for the day about two weeks after. We called the Doctor and asked his opinion about when we could safely take her there. He said "if she is healthy enough to leave the hospital, she is healthy enough to go to Disneyland". That put an end to our concerns.
Your pediatrician sounds like my kind of doctor! Ours was very supportive of the flying, the travel, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelty View Post
Just watched the video. It was fun watching him "Chew" his way thorough Disney World.
Can you tell he's working on some teeth? It didn't stop us! We were so grateful to have Sophie along for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tufgt View Post
Great video, your kid is never to young to go. We took our 1st daughter when she was a little over 1.
Agreed. We've learned that age doesn't matter at Disney World. . .in either direction.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: