Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
hoosll
DIS Veteran

Here now: where we've eaten

First night we had dinner at the Plaza Restaurant in MK. It's one of my favorites, our table was facing the doors which provided an incredible view of the castle as the colors changed. We both had cheesesteak sandwiches and used our Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card. It is a small restaurant and they were turning people away (MK was crazy busy due to Flacco and electrical parade). We had a 6:20 ADR and we were seated on time and made it out for the 7:00 electrical parade but we did not add 20 minutes for dessert as the meal plan folks had to do. We have seen lots of people eating dessert .... not really our thing especially as creme brulee seems to have disappeared from most menus so we don't do meal plans any more. Since I have done 3 trips in last 12 months, I have an AP so getting a TIW has made sense to us.

Second day: We ate lunch at Trail's End at FW. It is ala carte and the food is all freshly made. We have done breakfast and dinner buffets here in the past and think they are the best kept secret at the world. If you don't like the menu at WL, take a short boat ride over to FW. It did not appear that ADRs were needed this week for weekday lunches. We both had the cheese burgers, yummy with brown sugar glazed bacon. Jorge was our server and he was great. Used TIW

Second day dinner: We went to Rose & Crown for dinner at 6:05. We were seated right on time and they were taking walk ups. In fact when we left there were many empty tables so that's a place to try this month during the week. I had the fish and chips (tasty) and my husband had the cottage pie. Of course, he picked out all the mushrooms and there were quite a few but he enjoyed it very much. We each had a pint and it was a lovely dinner. Used our TIW.

We are headed to DHS for lunch and the motor show then back to FW for dinner at Trail's End buffet. I will check in with another food report at the end of the trip.
WL - Feb '02; WL - Sep '03 Big Willie's B-day
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day
WL - Nov '06 - Big Willie retires
BWV - Nov '07 Midweek long weekend
WL - Apr '12 Me, DD, and DGS4, DGS2 -their 1st trip!
FW - Dec '12 First time in RV; Feb '13 Midwinter escape
WL - Feb '15 (may cancel due to FP+)
hoosll is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: