Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
hoosll
DIS Veteran

Here now: where we've eaten

First night we had dinner at the Plaza Restaurant in MK. It's one of my favorites, our table was facing the doors which provided an incredible view of the castle as the colors changed. We both had cheesesteak sandwiches and used our Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card. It is a small restaurant and they were turning people away (MK was crazy busy due to Flacco and electrical parade). We had a 6:20 ADR and we were seated on time and made it out for the 7:00 electrical parade but we did not add 20 minutes for dessert as the meal plan folks had to do. We have seen lots of people eating dessert .... not really our thing especially as creme brulee seems to have disappeared from most menus so we don't do meal plans any more. Since I have done 3 trips in last 12 months, I have an AP so getting a TIW has made sense to us.

Second day: We ate lunch at Trail's End at FW. It is ala carte and the food is all freshly made. We have done breakfast and dinner buffets here in the past and think they are the best kept secret at the world. If you don't like the menu at WL, take a short boat ride over to FW. It did not appear that ADRs were needed this week for weekday lunches. We both had the cheese burgers, yummy with brown sugar glazed bacon. Jorge was our server and he was great. Used TIW

Second day dinner: We went to Rose & Crown for dinner at 6:05. We were seated right on time and they were taking walk ups. In fact when we left there were many empty tables so that's a place to try this month during the week. I had the fish and chips (tasty) and my husband had the cottage pie. Of course, he picked out all the mushrooms and there were quite a few but he enjoyed it very much. We each had a pint and it was a lovely dinner. Used our TIW.

We are headed to DHS for lunch and the motor show then back to FW for dinner at Trail's End buffet. I will check in with another food report at the end of the trip.
WL - Feb '02; WL - Sep '03 Big Willie's B-day
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day
WL - Nov '06 - Big Willie retires
BWV - Nov '07 Midweek long weekend
WL - Apr '12 Me, DD, and DGS4, DGS2 -their 1st trip!
FW - Dec '12 First time in RV; Feb '13 Midwinter escape; Feb '14 Snowbirds!
hoosll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
hoosll
DIS Veteran

Yesterday we ate lunch at Pizza Planet at DHS. They used to have a kid's meal of the meatball sub but it is now a chicken sub ... so we decided to split the regular meatball sub combo with caesar salad (9.19). It was delicious, the roll was nice and soft, good meatballs, sauce and cheese. We each were satisfied with room for an ice cream snack later.

We had a good time at the stunt show.

For dinner we headed to the buffet at Trail's End. The salmon is excellent, they have peel-n-eat shrimp on the salad bar. I also had fried chicken, pork rib and a slice of marinated london broil. My husband ate most of the same things including yummy green beans, corn, and a baked potato. For dessert we enjoyed pecan pie tarts with soft serve, bread pudding and some apple cobbler.

Trail's End has wonderful food, no characters but that seems to keep the little children quieter than most of the buffets. One mother was consulting with the chef over food allergies and the chef even made her child chicken nuggets and fries. So never be afraid to ask for what you want/need.

For lunch today, we ate at Columbia House in MK. I love the food there. My husband had the tuna fish sandwich and I had the lobster roll. The tuna was good as always. I have been wnting to try the lobster roll. I thought it was great, I even finished the nice soft roll. Some people might think it is heavy on the mayo, not a problem for me and there was lots of lobster meat. Only thing I don't like are the bagged Disney kettle potato chips.

Home cooked dinner on the RV tonight and off to Tampa tomorrow.

Husband insisted on a Trail's End breakfast .... so good, lots of choices and very good coffee.

I hope this helps someone. I have met so many people this trip who have complained about the food and I feel like they just wander into the nearest QS. We did not eat QS at Epcot, I haven't found a spot there which we like to go to repeatedly.
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day

Last edited by hoosll; 02-08-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: allergy, breakfast
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reviews!

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

Thanks so much for the reviews.

Have a great time on the rest of your trip!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

We love Trail's End for breakfast and will have to check them out for other meals. Thanks for the reviews.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

thanks for your reviews..
I can almost taste Trails buffet food...
I love to go there...takes a little while but
worth it too..
Thanks again

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your review!

We have never tried Trail's End but we'd like to find a way to fit it in sometime. WCC is our least favorite restaurant in all of WDW, but we love the food at HDDR!

Our new favorite CS spot in Epcot is the bakery in France. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. The service is a little...well...rude, to tell you the truth, but the quality of the food makes it worth it!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
hoosll
DIS Veteran

If you like the food at HDDR, they serve the same at Trail's End: Fried chicken, ribs, corn, and cornbread; plus, so much more!
WL- Dec '04 MY B-day

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: