Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #3451
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
We have been looking at Maderia too now our plans are firmed up for Gibraltar.

I know a few people really recommend Daniels Taxis. Has anybody done the 6.5 hour tour? I see he offers a East and West version and was just wondering if anybody had any tips on one or the other?

To be honest I am leaning towards DCL's Unforgettable Madeira excursion. It's around £50 more for both of us with today's exchange rates but it's a 8.5 hour tour, guaranteed not to miss the boat and you get lunch included........
We are doing this one!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #3452
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
We are doing this one!
Quote:
We have been looking at Maderia too now our plans are firmed up for Gibraltar.

I know a few people really recommend Daniels Taxis. Has anybody done the 6.5 hour tour? I see he offers a East and West version and was just wondering if anybody had any tips on one or the other?

To be honest I am leaning towards DCL's Unforgettable Madeira excursion. It's around £50 more for both of us with today's exchange rates but it's a 8.5 hour tour, guaranteed not to miss the boat and you get lunch included........
I think we're sticking with DCL for this port - since the tour is supposed to be 8-8.5 hours, but we're only in port for 8 hours and 15 mins -

With lunch included, and being gone all day, the price isn't too terribly bad, either.........
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #3453
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are doing this one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
I think we're sticking with DCL for this port - since the tour is supposed to be 8-8.5 hours, but we're only in port for 8 hours and 15 mins -

With lunch included, and being gone all day, the price isn't too terribly bad, either.........
I think we will do the DCL excursion then. Daniel's Taxis does say under his 6.5 hour tour that it may take longer then expected. Being the worry wart I am, I don't want to risk it and worry all day that we won't make it back.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 AM   #3454
SaraCat
Earning My Ears

We are planning to book the all day Madeira excursion with DCL as I would also worry about time all day otherwise.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #3455
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we will do the DCL excursion then. Daniel's Taxis does say under his 6.5 hour tour that it may take longer then expected. Being the worry wart I am, I don't want to risk it and worry all day that we won't make it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraCat View Post
We are planning to book the all day Madeira excursion with DCL as I would also worry about time all day otherwise.
Worry should be my middle name! I have seen it happen once to a family.

Only place I wouldn't mind it happening is Castaway Cay

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #3456
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraCat
Yay, I'm not the only one.

Can't wait to book it now - can I do that before the cruise with my lowly 'this is my first disney cruise' lowly status?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #3457
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin

Oh yes! Lol

Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #3458
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Private Gibraltar Tour Update:

Private Gibraltar Tour Update:
For those intersted we still have:
2 spots open for Tour D (4 hr)
4 spots open for Tour B (2 hr) (possibly 7 if I don't hear back from Aunt Gram)
Message me for details
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #3459
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You sound like me!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #3460
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Event organizers -

Please make sure your events are updated on Part Two thread as we are nearing our 250-page mark here! Can transition over once we approach the 250 pages.

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #3461
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Can't wait to book it now - can I do that before the cruise with my lowly 'this is my first disney cruise' lowly status?
Yep!

I am sure someone will correct me if this is incorrect or outdated:

120 Days in Advance - Concierge Guests in Stateroom Categories 1 - 3 and Platinum Castaway Club Members
105 Days in Advance – Gold Castaway Club Members In any Stateroom Category
90 Days in Advance – Silver Castaway Cay Club Members In any Stateroom Category
75 Days in Advance – New Disney Cruisers in Stateroom Categories 4 - 12
Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #3462
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:

Quote:
Oh yes! Lol
On a "regular" cruise CC wouldn't be bad, but I am looking forward to enjoying all the great friends we've met here - would suck not getting to spend all those sea days too!

CC would get kinda lonely for 10 days, don'tch think?
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #3463
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Your checklist is way more done than mine! Hopefully the PHL to HOU doesn't change, I don't want to have to redo it. I figure since you already had a flight issue, the second flight will be fine for you and therefore fine for us!
What transport are you using from HOU to Galveston?
we have a rental car - Enterprise is the only return site on the island. I got us an amazing rate and we are all set to pick up the car at National (since Enterprise closes at midnight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbsteruk View Post
Hi guys,

I've been looking at what to do in Madeira as when we visited on the 2011 WBTA we did the HOHO bus around Funchal and found it to be expensive and disappointing (could have walked easier)

I've looked at the DCL tours and they seem a bit pricey ($300 for 3 of us to go to the beach).

We fancied going further afield this time and I looked at doing it independently for a bit more freedom rather than a taxi/tour (Sarah's (binkytell) stories of the volcanic pools in 2011 sounded great).

I've found a car hire firm - www.bravacar.com.pt - who will collect you from the port area and are very reasonable, for an economy car (ford fiesta, Renault Clio) from 1030-1830 it's only £14.

May be of interest for anyone wanting to head out out on a bit of an independent tour

Paul
We are booked with Daniel taxi - 4 hour tour and we are doing the toboggan as well. We are having them drop us in town and will walk back to the ship.

Does anyone have adivice as to WHERE they should drop us? we do not want an hour walk - they are picking us up at 11am and dropping us at 3pm - loads of time! The cost will tip will be about 40 Euro less than Disney's similar tour that doesn't include the tobaggan at all.

Quote:
Oh no lol! We had the same thing in Stavenger in the Norwegian Fjords. It was good to hear the history but we had done it all in an hour and it cost us £20.

They must only be good in really big cities then? The Paris one was good. I really do love listening to the history in the bigger places. I think we will do the Barcelona one as we are only there for 24 hours.
Thanks for the heads up about the HO/HO I also have used them in a lot of cities -

the one in Barcelona is GREAT!!! just make sure to bring headphones -the ones they give you are horrible. There are three loops and the pass includes all three. Make sure to ride each one as the talk is different. I spent three days just doing the HO/HO there a few years back. I loved it.

Has anyone done NYC? We live 7 miles away and I have never done it!! I usually just drive to what I want to see/do. However, Cathy's son will want to see the city when he comes to visit - so we are considering the HO/HO.

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #3464
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
we have a rental car - Enterprise is the only return site on the island. I got us an amazing rate and we are all set to pick up the car at National (since Enterprise closes at midnight)
Cayla
Right, I knew this! It was discussed before, sorry to bother you again about it. We have a mini-van reserved for Saturday morning (hubby will take shuttle back to airport for pick-up). We didn't get that great of a deal but no one way fee and we didn't want to make two trips. Plus stopping by a target and liquor store on the way to the port will be nice.

For those who have returned to Entrprise before:

Are there taxis to get back to the port? How much did it cost and is it runable? Could DH run from the office to the port?
Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #3465
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Event organizers -

Please make sure your events are updated on Part Two thread as we are nearing our 250-page mark here! Can transition over once we approach the 250 pages.

Thank you!
I don't think I'm supposed to do this for the Til We Meet Again Luncheon, right?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: