Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
bfc2406
Earning My Ears

Dolphin encounter in Nassau

I could anybody please tell me the cost for the Discover Atlantis/Atlantis dolphin Shallow Encounter as an observer only? I can't seem to find this information on the Disney site.
Thank you!
bfc2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Please reconsider doing a Dolphin swim or encounter. This is cruel and hateful to our brothers and sisters in the sea. They do not belong in a tank for humans amusement. If you knew the true story of how they are ripped from their family and forced to perform stupid tricks for their food you would be sickened. There are so many other wonderful excursions to participate in. If you would like more information about this watch "The Cove" a brilliant award winning film that exposes this industry. Or go to sea
shepherdguardians.com.
lexandme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

There were two threads on this last week, both very helpful and nothing bad to say. People had WONDERFUL experiences;-)

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
lexandme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddakal View Post
There were two threads on this last week, both very helpful and nothing bad to say. People had WONDERFUL experiences;-)
A wonderful and lovely experience for the humans, but another day of a life in hell for the dolphins. Please do not be a factor in this inhumane circus.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

I am not looking at this thread again. Unsubscribed...Such negativity needs to be posted in another forum somewhere. Many people on here trust Disney's excursions, love Seaworld, and love zoos. If you want to see certain animals that you love...often its in captivity. You can certainly have your opinion but this is not the place. This is a positive place.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
bfc2406
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddakal
I am not looking at this thread again. Unsubscribed...Such negativity needs to be posted in another forum somewhere. Many people on here trust Disney's excursions, love Seaworld, and love zoos. If you want to see certain animals that you love...often its in captivity. You can certainly have your opinion but this is not the place. This is a positive place.
Thank you for that. I was starting to regret asking the question.
bfc2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
lexandme
DIS Veteran

It's not negativity. It's exposing others to the truth. It's empowering others with knowledge. If you want to see an animal, watch a movie about them. Open your eyes and understand it's cruel and painful. Walt Disney loved animals and if he were alive today, I'm sure he would disapprove.

Last edited by lexandme; 02-05-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
hhh
Earning My Ears

The documentary "The Cove" exposes the horrible conditions by which the dolphins are caught. Even if the dolphins are later treated well by Sea World and these Dolphin Encounter companies, consumers need to be aware that we need to discourage the capture of dolphins. You can stream the movie from Amazon if you want to learn more.

Not trying to be negative, just informative... in the same way other posts have warned about the lion cubs in Cabo.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhh View Post
The documentary "The Cove" exposes the horrible conditions by which the dolphins are caught. Even if the dolphins are later treated well by Sea World and these Dolphin Encounter companies, consumers need to be aware that we need to discourage the capture of dolphins. You can stream the movie from Amazon if you want to learn more.

Not trying to be negative, just informative... in the same way other posts have warned about the lion cubs in Cabo.
Thank you. I never realized this and I appreciate the information. It certainly gives me food for thought.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
lexandme
DIS Veteran

hhh and Silver Queen. Thank you for your support.
260 dolphins were slaughtered yesterday in the Soloman islands. My heart cries.

I love DCL. We cruise with them every year. We are doing our sixth cruise this July. On every cruise i have stood as far forward as possible and have always watched dolphins playing in the wake from the ship. I've seen them leaving Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Caymans. This is a much better way to observe these magnificent creatures. My wish is they pull these excursions from their itineraries.
Treasure the seas. Respect these minds in the waters.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Again this is not the place to voice this unless you started your own thread about it. It's not appropriate. You are entitled to your choice but so are we. Respect us as well. This is not the place. Your voice is heard.
I am saddened that you are trying to tell people what to do.
I honestly cannot imagine zoos, aquariums and circus from stopping so let people make their own decisions. Your voice is heard, enough, please....
I would appreciate that , thank you.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
lexandme
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=yaddakal;47421318]Again this is not the place to voice this unless you started your own thread about it. It's not appropriate. You are entitled to your choice but so are we. Respect us as well. This is not the place. Your voice is heard.
I am saddened that you are trying to tell people what to do.
I honestly cannot imagine zoos, aquariums and circus from stopping so let people make their own decisions. Your voice is heard, enough, please....
I would appreciate that , thank you.

Look, I get it. You are disturbed and put out because you are now aware of the horrors that are called dolphinariums, Sea World, etc. and you now may feel some guilt about enjoying them and exposing your children to their lies. If one person reads this and even considers NOT contributing to them then I have had a good day. This thread is the perfect place to expose this inhumanity.
260 dolphins were brutally murdered in the Soloman Islands on Feb 5,2013. Eleven dolphins were taken captive and sold to dolphin shows today, February 6 and over 300 were murdered. You think this is ok? Enjoy you swim/and or trip to Sea World but I hope you will give this some thought. Be compassion. Teach compassion. Use this as a tool to teach your children the lives and souls of all creatures are worth fighting for.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
shiner6
Earning My Ears

Thank you

I appreciate your bravery and respectful voice in posting. Thank you,I had not considered their plight before...I will take this information into consideration. Personally, I consider this a positive posting....
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner6
I appreciate your bravery and respectful voice in posting. Thank you,I had not considered their plight before...I will take this information into consideration. Personally, I consider this a positive posting....
Our trainers loved loved loved their sea lions and are soo excited about their twin babies to come. Their sea lions are not wild, they have made that clear. These animals depend on them..we donated to their conservation programs and there were no tanks or aquariums, just natural rock enclosures and some natural designed protection. I'm grateful to get to meet these ambassadors for their species. I have a very strong attachment to my animal friends, have eliminated eating anything with four legs and a face and am working with the goal of eliminating chicken n turkey next. I know some of these places are deplorable. I have a completely clean conscience with regard to Blue Lagoon and Sea World although those are the only ones I personally can vouch for.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: