Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #3481
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
I have a question, it is non room related but it has to do with Port Orleans Food court. Where is the make your own salad/pasta bar? Is it in the POFQ or POR or both have this option? Thank you for your help!
I don't know if there is one at POFQ but there is one station where you choose your ingredients and they cook it in front of you at POR.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #3482
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I don't know if there is one at POFQ but there is one station where you choose your ingredients and they cook it in front of you at POR.
Thank you! We are staying at POR so that is what I was hoping for!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #3483
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Made my reservations today. We're going April 7th to 9th and booked a Preferred Room in AB to celebrate hubby's birthday! Can't wait. May possibly also do the carriage ride.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #3484
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Another MA person piping in here We are just north of Boston (flying out of Manchester NH - Southwest direct flights woo hoo!)

I love that our April vacay is usually a different week than the rest of the country. Hoping that means it won't be too crowded for our week in Disney - April 15-21.

Our first night we arrive at the airport about 6. I'm expecting to have some really hungry kids by the time we get to the resort. What time do you think we'll get in using ME? We have to check in first before we eat if we want to use a CS meal for dinner, yes?

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #3485
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch
I'm here on the thread someone needed me???
Andre thought you might have advice as to whether I should resend my (your) fax request again. I sent it last week and didn't hear anything.

I don't want to be a nuisance so my inclination is to not worry about it and let it ride.

About to do my OLCI now.
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #3486
Teddie
Earning My Ears

Awesome!

Just checked in this morning to building 16, wonderful room. There is plenty of storage for myself, DM! DH, DD 2, DS 5 and all our stuff with the little closet hanger we picked up at Walmart. Did a swim, the water slide is so fun, boat to DTD, lego store, ghiradelli, and Chef Mickeys. So far, amazing!
Even awesomer (a word in my vocabulary) are the shampoos and conditioners, they have Mickey ears! Triple banana dance for that!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #3487
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
Our first night we arrive at the airport about 6. I'm expecting to have some really hungry kids by the time we get to the resort. What time do you think we'll get in using ME? We have to check in first before we eat if we want to use a CS meal for dinner, yes?
You should get to the resort by 7:30, and yes, you would need to check in first if you want to use dining plan credits.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #3488
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Even awesomer (a word in my vocabulary) are the shampoos and conditioners, they have Mickey ears! Triple banana dance for that!
LOL. I came home with a few of those.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #3489
Shlooma
Earning My Ears

Just finished up my last minute packing details. The taxi is picking us up at 6 AM. I cannot believe that after 221 days (yes, I did countdown each and every one) the day is almost here. I cannot wait to see POR after reading about it and seeing all the beautiful pictures and videos. Thanks again to everyone on this thread- I will try to post while I am there- we will be vacationing until the 16th. I had better get some sleep. Good nite ,,,
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #3490
amandam32
Earning My Ears

Hey Andre and Venom, thanks for the responses yesterday. We went to the front desk today and asked to be moved closer. I explained the whole situation to them. They called back to room assignment mgmt and they said they had nothing for us today. Tomorrow we could have 2nd floor oak manor but they wouldn't tell me where. It wasn't river view which is what we are paying for. Sooo I guess we are in the room that we were destined to be in. My original fax said that I was 5 months pregnant and would like to request being near the foot bridge to the main lobby and food court. Idk what happened. The confirmation email I got said that he had placed us near the foot bridge. Anyway I wanted to update! We thought about renting the 2 seater bike but that was going to break the bank keeping it til Saturday haha!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #3491
Chuck65
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
Another MA person piping in here We are just north of Boston (flying out of Manchester NH - Southwest direct flights woo hoo!)

I love that our April vacay is usually a different week than the rest of the country. Hoping that means it won't be too crowded for our week in Disney - April 15-21.

A buddy of mine from work is going that same week, and from what I saw on a planning website, you picked a great week to go. We had originally planned to go the first week in April, our kids spring break, but was really surprised at what the predictions were for crowd levels. I love Disney, but ain't no way in heck I'm going to fight that type of crowd. We cancelled and booked the first week in June. It was much more manageable. To put it mildly....the website didn't even recommend going to MK all week long.
2003 Port Orleans Riverside
2008 Port Orleans French Quarter

Nikon D5000
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #3492
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandam32 View Post
Idk what happened. The confirmation email I got said that he had placed us near the foot bridge.
It's quite possible that they had a room assigned to you that met your request, but something could have happened to that room to take it out of inventory. Here's hoping you have a magical trip anyway.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #3493
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Thank you! We are staying at POR so that is what I was hoping for!
Yes, the pasta and salad options are at POR. For more details, see the POR food court menus at www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #3494
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck65 View Post
We had originally planned to go the first week in April, our kids spring break, but was really surprised at what the predictions were for crowd levels.
The two weeks around Easter are always very busy indeed, second only to Xmas week really. If you can avoid them, that sounds like a good plan to me.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #3495
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We are here now, de-stressing from the flights and realizing DH and I each lost something at some point on the second flight

Arrived to four sheriff cars and an ambulance out front. Yikes. Hope people are OK!

Room seems good but drink machine (for much needed water for drinking and for DHs cpap tonight because everything is closed and we took ME) ate our money. Ugh. Had to go to another bldg to get water. Will report broken machine tomorrow.

And now DS and I have each slipped quite frighteningly on the blue "marble" floor divider between vanity and bed area. I literally landed arms outstretched on the front of vanity imagining having all my teeth broken if I hadn't caught myself so quickly. We immediately took off socks, but it happened again in bare feet. We are a no-shoes-indoors family, but that can't happen again! Anyone else have troubles with that slippery area?

Ok the up-late benefit of being on pacific time zone is wearing off and I'm hoping sleep re-sets this trip so no one falls or loses anything else!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: