Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
lyra2007
Mouseketeer

Sea World and Aquatica in One Day?

My Dd (almost 5) and I are headed to Disney at the end of the month. We're spending 4 days in the parks (M-Th). We don't head home until Saturday. I am contemplating SeaWorld for Friday, but if it's nice out, we might also consider Aquatica. We are military, so the SeaWorld tickets would be free, so really I would just be paying for Aquatica.

My thought would be to try to hit Aquatica at 10, stay for maybe 3 hours. She won't be able to go on anything wild because of her height and temperament, so I can't imagine much more than 3 hours in the wave pool, lazy river and kids' area.

SeaWorld will be open until 7. If we got there at two, would that be enough time (again, no big rides for us)?

Or am I just kidding myself that she'd have the energy for this after 4 days at Disney? We could do one park or the other and just chill in the afternoon.

TIA
lyra2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

We've never done Aquatica, but have done SW. Depending on the show times, SW could be an all day park as well. IMO, there are 3 main shows to see.

One Ocean (Shamu)
Blue Horizons (Dolphins)
Clyde and Seamore (Sea Lions)

If you wanted to see all 3 of the main shows, plus animal exhibits, then I would skip Aquatica. It might be possible to see everything, but you would have to rush through. If all you wanted to see was the main shows, then it might be possible to do both SW and Aquatica. Again, depending on show times. Usually there are only 3-4 performances for each main show per day.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

If you don't want to try to break the day in half and do all SW has to offer you can always let her play at shamu harbor. There is a nice size splash area. The kids love it. All kinds of water fountains and a big dump bucket. Also gives us a nice break to just sit and relax while they play.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
lyra2007
Mouseketeer

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks. the more I think about, $100 for 3 hours at aquatica is crazy
lyra2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: