DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
emmababy
DIS Veteran

1st time with a BW view studio

We added a night on to our trip and are doing a BW view studio. What floor should I suggest for a good view but an easy in/out. We are only in it for a night and then on to a 1 br standard view....
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Personally, I prefer an upper floor no matter which resort we're staying. Also, keep in mind....BWV ground floor villas are very accessible.....anyone can leave Epcot thru International Gateway and walk over to the Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club Resorts or simply walk the path from HS or enter thru the Swan/Dolphin areas.....so having security at the parking lot of BW really isn't a lot of security when all those areas are so accessible. And.....if you're moving to a 1 bdrm at BWV just have Bell Services move your bags from one room to the other....you will need to check out of the studio by 11:00 a.m. anyway and most likely your one bedroom won't be ready at that time so just have Bell Services hold your bags and then move them to the new room.

We love the top floor of BWV overlooking the canal......it's a really long walk from the elevator BUT if you're at the end of the hall facing the canal (near JellyRolls) there is a stairway right behind JellyRolls which makes it very easy to get down to Boardwalk level quickly. Those rooms are above where the old DVC Preview Center used to be.....it's currently a garden area and early morning is awesome to sit on balcony with your coffee watching the Friendship boats going thru the canal. Sorry......I just noticed you said BW view.....the rooms across the hall from the one I just described are BW view and same access to stairwell.

Last edited by DonnaL; 02-05-2013 at 09:41 PM.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

I would request third floor or higher. The second floor balcony has a half wall that blocks the view when sitting down. When I stayed in a boardwalk view room, I loved to sit out at night, so having that half wall would've ruined it for me!
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: