DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Boat rental

Anybody do a boat rental? I know there is a DVC discount on boat rentals, and I wanted to take my 7 year daughter out on a sea racer on our trip last nov but never got a good time to do it. We are going on a cruise over Easter, and decided to fly down a day early and spend a night at OKW. (Luckily got a room less than 60 days out for Good Friday!) we have a very early flight so no idea what the kids will be up for that day....hoping to just lounge at the pool and get lunch at DTD. I have read others watching the fireworks from a boat on the 7 seas lagoon. Just looking for other ideas of what might fun that others have done. OKW doesn't have power boat rentals, just paddle. I read DTD has a boat rental marina.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

try starting here:

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/04...aycer-rentals/

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
OKW doesn't have power boat rentals, just paddle. I read DTD has a boat rental marina.
We have rented sea racers from OKW in the past. In one hour we managed to do the full tour: down to Port Orleans, then over to DTD and back to OKW.

We have rented the larger boats (can't remember what they are called) from the marina in front of VWL and went over to the MK and back. I would be surprised if they rent them out after dark however.

Last edited by LisaS; 02-05-2013 at 03:12 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
We have rented sea racers from OKW in the past. In one hour we managed to do the full tour: down to Port Orleans, then over to DTD and back to OKW.
Awesome. I only saw paddle boats on the website. I can't seem to find the hours the rent. Do they stop at a certain time? Do the rent after sunset?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome. I only saw paddle boats on the website. I can't seem to find the hours the rent. Do they stop at a certain time? Do the rent after sunset?
We did our tour in the afternoon. I doubt that they rent out boats after dusk, especially the sea racers. It was harrowing enough during the day staying out of the way of the large Disney boats.

You can also rent boats at the marina in front of VWL if you want to go over to the MK and back.

ETA: It's also possible that things have changed since our last stay at OKW (it has been a couple of years since our last visit there). Perhaps they have removed the power boats.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anybody do a boat rental? ... I have read others watching the fireworks from a boat on the 7 seas lagoon. Just looking for other ideas of what might fun that others have done. OKW doesn't have power boat rentals, just paddle. I read DTD has a boat rental marina.
Can NOT rent boats at night. They do have cruises that are available.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
Can NOT rent boats at night. They do have cruises that are available.
That's what I thought, but I read a blog somewhere about watching fireworks from a pontoon boat. Must have been a paid cruise or a really old blog.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
hakepb
DIS Veteran

We rented a pontoon at the Contemporary and did the whole 7 Seas loop then back over the "water bridge" for a Bay Lake loop around Discovery Island.
They only charged us for 45 mins even though we were in the boat near an hour. (I think we had an AP discount on top of it)

Although we didn't need the size of the pontoon, I was glad we got it because it had more shaded seating under the canopy.

I highly recommend trying the Bay Lake/Seven Seas boat trip!
(And we stayed at BWV, but Crescent lake to DHS didn't seem like it would be as fun)

Here, I was about to pilot the pontoon over a bus, and under a monorail:
Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Anybody do a boat rental? I know there is a DVC discount on boat rentals, and I wanted to take my 7 year daughter out on a sea racer on our trip last nov but never got a good time to do it. We are going on a cruise over Easter, and decided to fly down a day early and spend a night at OKW. (Luckily got a room less than 60 days out for Good Friday!) we have a very early flight so no idea what the kids will be up for that day....hoping to just lounge at the pool and get lunch at DTD. I have read others watching the fireworks from a boat on the 7 seas lagoon. Just looking for other ideas of what might fun that others have done. OKW doesn't have power boat rentals, just paddle. I read DTD has a boat rental marina.
You can't dock a boat you rent from OKW at DTD.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You can't dock a boat you rent from OKW at DTD.
I kinda figured you have to return it to where you rent it. I just meant lunch was on our possible agenda, not rent a boat to take to DTD

That picture makes me want to do the 7 seas lagoon loop. Very cool. It might have even convinced my wife to go on the boat with us with our little one. Not sure though. My daughter is sure to love the sea racer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: