Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #2446
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
So, I just got a text from my son in college complaining about the price of razor blades !

Is this the payback they talk about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Too funny! It's a new world, isn't it, when they are doing the shopping.

Unless it's iTunes
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2447
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Good luck tomorrow I totally understand what you are going through! Feel free to PM me
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I hope all goes well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Good luck today!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hope all goes well at the docs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
IHeart: Good Luck today at the DS’ appt.
Quote:
I heart-Hope things went well with at the Dr's.
Thank you all for your support ladies. You are the best!

Well, the appt was exhausting. Six doctors over four hours and DS and I are wiped out. I am going to go crazy over the next few weeks waiting for the report. I need to go snuggle with my little guy now. I'll try to catch up with you all later.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #2448
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Well, the appt was exhausting. Six doctors over four hours and DS and I are wiped out. I am going to go crazy over the next few weeks waiting for the report. I need to go snuggle with my little guy now. I'll try to catch up with you all later.
Exhausted physically and mentally - so glad it's over for you both. We'll help you get through the wait. I'll start by asking a distracting FWC question - would you ever book there again? Did you like it?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #2449
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hugs for your long day... and we will wait here right along with you.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #2450
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Hello lovely ladies. I need to catch up. In at work right now, and after work I am taking the kids to dinner as per Danimal's request.

Last night it was decided my dad wants to join us on the cruise. What? So now I have to rework the budget. I think our WDW stay post cruise will be shortened. I will play with numbers tonight and see what I can do. I desperately need a new bag so I'm working that into the budget as well. It would be much easier if my parents could contribute to the vacation, at least cover their airfare or something. Oh well, have to do what I have to do I suppose.
Hopefully, it will work out and you won't have to shorten the land part of the trip.

Quote:
Hi Ladies,
Trying to back read and catch up. I totally hear ya about not saying too much about upcoming vacations. Sometimes we mention, sometimes we don't. I don't know why some non disney fans are so vocal with their opinions... Go figure!
When I told my mom about us wanting to go back to WDW, she was like, "but weren't you just there? Why go back again?" I was like, "and how many years have you been going to Estes Park, CO for Elk Fest?" I find it funny that non-Disney people think we are nuts for wanting to go to WDW so much, yet they have no problem going to the same beach or mountain resort year after year.

Quote:
Wookie- I use the android dis app. And your new case is very cute!
Thank you!! I totally love it

Quote:
Well, I gotta get the bathrooms done. Wish they were self cleaning.
Have a great day RC friends!
They do have self cleaning bathroom. Well at least they have self cleaning public restroom that you have to pay to use in Japan. I saw it on TV once. Now we just have to figure out how to get them in our homes.

Quote:

That does sound exhausting. Hopefully this weeks will fly and the results will be good.

I'm back to pretending to straighten up our room while I really watch the first season of 2 Broke Girls.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2451
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Dani: What a good daughter you are to take your dad with you all! What fun!

DetTigGal & Sheila: Yes I bet that stage is funny, when the kiddos discover exactly how much real life costs! I was like that too in college, except when...ahem... I filled my car with things from my parents fridge!

Dznycrzy: I hope you get this all straightened out, it is super frustrating on the phone.

Linda: Hmmm...sounds like you need to sit down and figure out these potential WDW dates!! I am super jealous!

Wookie: Miss Le Cellier???

Miss: Love that pic...

Kook: I don't know what to say, I am afraid to try the cabins too.

Pas: Love that your hubby calls you Nett! Can we call you that too??

Well...nothing new to report here. I think I found where we are going to go camping in the summer. It is called Sandbanks Provincial Park and is about 3 hours east of here. Gorgeous beach, canoeing, a playground, and not too far from a little town if it rains. Now just have to keep telling DH that it won't be too much work again! We last went tent camping about 2 summers ago, and the kiddos were a bit of a nightmare. They headed for every sticky, stinging, hot (fire), thing that we told them not to go near. But they are all older now, and I really don't want to lose that part of ourselves. DH and I used to camp all the time. But Disney has made me a little spoiled!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #2452
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Kook: I don't know what to say, I am afraid to try the cabins too.

Well...nothing new to report here. I think I found where we are going to go camping in the summer. It is called Sandbanks Provincial Park and is about 3 hours east of here. Gorgeous beach, canoeing, a playground, and not too far from a little town if it rains. Now just have to keep telling DH that it won't be too much work again! We last went tent camping about 2 summers ago, and the kiddos were a bit of a nightmare. They headed for every sticky, stinging, hot (fire), thing that we told them not to go near. But they are all older now, and I really don't want to lose that part of ourselves. DH and I used to camp all the time. But Disney has made me a little spoiled!!!
You just made me think that FWC is very civilized in comparison to a real, live camping area! You may have inadvertently convinced me to stick with it and prove I can do it!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2453
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You just made me think that FWC is very civilized in comparison to a real, live camping area! You may have inadvertently convinced me to stick with it and prove I can do it!
Ha!! Glad I could help!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #2454
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Help!

Ladies...I need advice.... so I had originally booked CSR, business class August 11 and had finally convinced myself that going back to a moderate from a deluxe was going to be more than fine for this trip. Airfare came out yesterday and the prices are ridiculously higher than what I was willing to pay so I had to change my dates and go a week later. Now CSR is completely sold out for the week of 8/19 & I have to look at another moderate. This year is supposed to be a budget trip, thus the reason for booking a moderate but I'm worried about whether or not I'm going to like POR. I then proposed we cut back from a 7 day to a 5 or 6 day and try Wilderness Lodge or AKL again (stayed there in 2010). I got shot down pretty quick....everyone prefers a moderate and the longer stay. So I booked a royal guest room, garden view (for now).To make my head spin more: we adopted a rescue (an 18 month old shih tzu) 3 weeks ago and I'm nervous about putting him in a kennel when we do finally go. DH says he'll be fine and I'm sure he will be but I can't help but worry. Please tell me I'm overthinking everything and that I'll be happy with POR and that my "little guy" will be fine without us for a week....YIKES!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #2455
babyberger
DIS Veteran

It's been a busy day today but wanted to stop in and say hi! I just asked DH if he wanted to drive up tonight and stay at Pop for the night, AP rate was $80 and he agreed it was a good rate but doesn't feel like fighting traffic and getting there in the pitch dark just to sleep and move hotels in the morning. I thought it was worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #2456
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Wookie: Miss Le Cellier???
I know, it sounds crazy, right? I NEED that Cheddar Soup with pretzel bread dipped into it, the medium rare Mushroom Filet with the risotto and the kids mousse.

Quote:
I haven't been camping in forever. Good times. To make a long story short, the first night (as we were setting up camp) had me yelling, "You touch my son and I'll call the police on you" to my bil, we woke up to rain during the night, and my inlaws had us cook breakfast on the two grills in the campsite in the pouring rain with umbrellas over our heads.

Well, I got two of the clothes baskets of clothes put away and the third is staring at me. I guess, I'll go ahead and hang those up as well.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #2457
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So DH and I just told the girls that we are talking about this camping trip, we reminded them of the 'challenges' for us the last time. We told them we were going to write up a list of rules that they had to follow (basic safety rules...not overly oppressive) and then they had to sign it to agree.

I reminded the older two that they are learning a lot about camping in Girl Guides and wouldn't it be nice be some of those skills to use? And I also reminded them that this may be the last time DH tries tent camping again. So I hope this will help them realize that fun can be had....but they have to play their part.

July is far away, but I thought never too early to put some things in their mind. DD4 was cute though. She said "So we put our names on a form if we be good, and we put our names on anudder form if we be bad??"

Kids....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #2458
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

More power to you ...tent camping...scary
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #2459
letthewookiewin

Quote:
So DH and I just told the girls that we are talking about this camping trip, we reminded them of the 'challenges' for us the last time. We told them we were going to write up a list of rules that they had to follow (basic safety rules...not overly oppressive) and then they had to sign it to agree.

I reminded the older two that they are learning a lot about camping in Girl Guides and wouldn't it be nice be some of those skills to use? And I also reminded them that this may be the last time DH tries tent camping again. So I hope this will help them realize that fun can be had....but they have to play their part.

July is far away, but I thought never too early to put some things in their mind. DD4 was cute though. She said "So we put our names on a form if we be good, and we put our names on anudder form if we be bad??"

Kids....
That is just too cute!!

I think I have a solution to my problem, because it has gotten worse. Now I'm thinking either AoA FN suites, WL, or BC/YC (b/c I want SAB). I just have to have all my internet privileges taken away. Then I can't look at pictures that confuse me even further. JM likes AoA FN suites because he wouldn't have to share a bed with his brother, a room with his Dad's snoring, and they would have their own bathroom. However, he wants SAB. grrrrrr Too many good options!!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #2460
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
More power to you ...tent camping...scary
I hear ya! Staying at the WL (on CL, no less) was my idea of camping.

I'm not so good with nature.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: