Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #2476
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer
 
magicalmoments4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 302

I don't think dannysmom was intending to be rude in her reply. I think she was honestly intending it to come across as funny, given the smilies she used. What sounds innocent to yourself when you post something, could be totally misconstrued by the reader Believe me, I have lots of practice in this and that is why I hesitate to respond to things out of fear that it might be taken the wrong way by whomever is reading what I type

The cabana topic came up just a few days ago, and the response by natebenma to the question posed was funny. I would say 99% of the people on this thread are friendly, fun loving people. Could the response to your question have been worded differently? Most definitely, but like I said above, how it's being said in the writer's mind, doesn't always sound the same in the reader's mind Peace Love Mickey
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (9)



Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
magicalmoments4 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #2477
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big "D" *Dallas, Texas* Formally The Big Apple
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I don't think dannysmom was intending to be rude in her reply. I think she was honestly intending it to come across as funny, given the smilies she used. What sounds innocent to yourself when you post something, could be totally misconstrued by the reader Believe me, I have lots of practice in this and that is why I hesitate to respond to things out of fear that it might be taken the wrong way by whomever is reading what I type

The cabana topic came up just a few days ago, and the response by natebenma to the question posed was funny. I would say 99% of the people on this thread are friendly, fun loving people. Could the response to your question have been worded differently? Most definitely, but like I said above, how it's being said in the writer's mind, doesn't always sound the same in the reader's mind Peace Love Mickey
Agree.
__________________
nannette is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #2478
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,190



Danny's mom was kidding

She is also a valued contributor to this thread. I'm sorry if she came off as being anything other than helpful. Right now we have a lot of new people joining the thread and they may not be aware of how helpful and fun everyone tries to be. I'm sorry if you took her reply the wrong way. We are definitely different than some of the other places that you might find on the Dis.

All of the regulars here on this thread are committed to helping everyone, whether they be new or old, experienced or fresh off the ferry boat. Please try to keep a light heart when responding to posts here. We deal in information and humor, friendliness and fun. There is no need to feel uncomfortable as we are happy to answer all questions. Danny's Mom was merely pointing out a funny joke that our list maven made when she answered the question a few pages ago. That's all.

Peace.
Ninja Mom
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #2479
CanadianGuy


Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI
 
CanadianGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Posts: 15,506
DISboards Moderator

Ok calm down.. typically the over abundance of smiley faces is meant to allay any misreading towards rudeness. And, the answer was provided.

I strongly agree with the previous posters, no mal-intent ... intended.

Let's move on.
__________________
Everything You Need to Know About Discount Codes & PINS For Disney Resorts

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports


CanadianGuy is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #2480
MickeyT
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flopeye, SC
Posts: 1,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Beach Club doesn't have cabanas do they?
Back on track here! There are no cabanas at any of the EPCOT resorts that we know of!
__________________
Over at our place, we're sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child.

MickeyT is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #2481
logpey
Disney or bust!
 
logpey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern Louisiana
Posts: 1,310

Talking I appreciate your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Back on track here! There are no cabanas at any of the EPCOT resorts that we know of!
Thank you, Mickey T!
__________________
Me:42 DH:41DD:17DS:14 Twitter:@Logpey
1994 Nov/SOG
2003 May/CSR
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2482
disneydee6
DIS Veteran
 
disneydee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,344

I think dannysmom said it that way because that was a very recent topic of conversation, so for those who visit this board often may understand her underlying sarcasm. I don't believe it was meant to be rude, after all the answer to your question was included in her post. This is a very friendly thread, and lets try to keep it that way
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @Daniellepizzelle. Love following other DIS Instragrammers



disneydee6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #2483
disneydee6
DIS Veteran
 
disneydee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,344

Gah! Sorry by the time I posted so many had responded lol! Oops!
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @Daniellepizzelle. Love following other DIS Instragrammers



disneydee6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #2484
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Absolutely you may use the pictures - no cropping necessary. When I open the t-shirts up I will post those pictures so you can see the end product - there is supposed to be a Mickey Mouse on the front. I will add others to the room summary view thread later on today.

Blah - first day back to work! DH and I are talking about a BCV stay in August to bring my sister and nephews when they visit from Ireland...we brought them last year and we stayed Kidani but I think they would love SAB so I might have a ticker to start again
My second day back at work., I hear ya!! And I do have my Aug trip booked at YC
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #2485
DisneyDoogie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 146

BC Deluxe Rooms

Can anyone tell me which of the deluxe rooms is closest to the club-level lounge? I know the deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the lounge. Do all of the deluxe rooms have the same layout or are some larger than others? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
DisneyDoogie is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #2486
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoogie View Post
Can anyone tell me which of the deluxe rooms is closest to the club-level lounge? I know the deluxe rooms aren't on the same floor as the lounge. Do all of the deluxe rooms have the same layout or are some larger than others? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
At the BC: They are all about the same distance away from the elevators that take you to the lounge. All are the same size. Only differences are the patios/balconies. A description of the patio/balcony on each of the rooms is on the first page under BC Deluxe Rooms.

Maybe the ones closer to SAB versus the quiet pool are a tad closer to the elevator.
TeenaS is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #2487
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,953

Changed our dates today to get great deal on Southwest. If you need flights they are having a great sale thru Thursday!

Now we are going 5/9-5/18. I got 2 extra nights out of the deal! Had to do that b/c of flight times being late on arrival day and early on departure day. Didn't want to short us any park days.

Now I need to change my wdw ressie...they were just closing as I booked flights. Looks like we will have to do a standard view CL the first 3 nights or (YC GV) and then we can switch to a BC garden view on the 12th of May for the rest of the trip. Hoping someone will cancel a GV those first few nights at BC so we can do that the whole time.

Off to redo all my dining ressies!
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS4
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #2488
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer
 
medicgirl177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs. New York
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl
Changed our dates today to get great deal on Southwest. If you need flights they are having a great sale thru Thursday!

Now we are going 5/9-5/18. I got 2 extra nights out of the deal! Had to do that b/c of flight times being late on arrival day and early on departure day. Didn't want to short us any park days.

Now I need to change my wdw ressie...they were just closing as I booked flights. Looks like we will have to do a standard view CL the first 3 nights or (YC GV) and then we can switch to a BC garden view on the 12th of May for the rest of the trip. Hoping someone will cancel a GV those first few nights at BC so we can do that the whole time.

Off to redo all my dining ressies!
Two extra nights, oh darn!! Lol!!! I love when things don't (*but really DO*) work out!!! Have a great time!!! :0)
__________________
Me DH DD (12) , DS (7)



medicgirl177 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #2489
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Two extra nights, oh darn!! Lol!!! I love when things don't (*but really DO*) work out!!! Have a great time!!! :0)
Thanks!

I don't see any links on the main thread, but does anyone know where I can find pics of views from standard CL rooms? If they are really bad I will save the cash and stay those 3 nights at YC til GV opens up at BC.
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS4
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #2490
disneydee6
DIS Veteran
 
disneydee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Thanks!

I don't see any links on the main thread, but does anyone know where I can find pics of views from standard CL rooms? If they are really bad I will save the cash and stay those 3 nights at YC til GV opens up at BC.
Dee created a thread for this!

There is one link there to a YC CL SV stay. The view for that particular room isn't all that bad (at least for my taste).

Hoping to add to it in three months.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057924
__________________
Follow me on Instagram @Daniellepizzelle. Love following other DIS Instragrammers



disneydee6 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: