Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #856
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Awesome pics of that beach! I definitely wouldn't have wanted to swim there, though! Wow! It looked rough and rocky, but makes for some beautiful pics and I imagine heavenly just to be there. You really lucked out with that tour, it seemed like a really great one.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your meal at Palo.
Yeah. It mightve been a bit too rocky and wavey for a good, safe swim.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #857
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
All caught up now, and really enjoying it.
Glad you liked our WOC story.

We've only cruised once; Mexican Riviera Dec. 2011.
We had the balcony and loved it! Because we are usually needing to put 4 or 5 people to a room, we will most likely always book balcony rooms.

Bees!!! I hope they never have that problem when I'm onboard. I can take spiders, bugs, and even snakes, but bees......for some reason they scare me.

Shanna
I just love the balcony. Its so nice to sit out and watch the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Karin, I feel the same way. I sound like a broken record but the pictures are always so good and I don't know how better to express it.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd View Post
Thank you for all of this information!! Very useful stuff. I really appreciate your time in this!! Can't wait for our may cruise!!!
Your very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I am FINALLLY caught up!! I'm so sorry I fell so far behind!! But I loved all the updates!! It's so much fun tagging along on this cruise and your adventures!! I want to go on a cruise soooo badlyÖ but I keep thinking that I might want to wait until the girls are a little older- but it would be SO MUCH FUN!!!!
You would love it Christen!!!!!
I am getting closer to the cruise portion on my other tr and you will see how my 3 year old niece loved it. Her 3 year old cousin did too. In fact he is cruising again in Sept.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #858
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
[

]
Like a postcard!

You'd think Skip knowing it's like a walkie-talkie would tone it down for the first couple of words until he knew he could say his sweet nothings...

At least he missed ya! Kadence could care less on the phone with me too, but it's better than heartbreaking crying.

I want to cruise someday, but until then I can feel like I had an extra close up view of one. You really have a great way of bring us along!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #859
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Like a postcard!

You'd think Skip knowing it's like a walkie-talkie would tone it down for the first couple of words until he knew he could say his sweet nothings...

At least he missed ya! Kadence could care less on the phone with me too, but it's better than heartbreaking crying.

I want to cruise someday, but until then I can feel like I had an extra close up view of one. You really have a great way of bring us along!
Thanks!

Yeah, his sweet nothings aren't always repeatable.

Yes, I am glad Claire isn't one who cries over missing me every day. If that happened I would never be able to go again!

You do have to try cruising. We really enjoy it so much. Well Claire and I do. LOL And the gals I was with. Claire keeps saying we need to get Skip on a ship. I really think Claire is bit by the cruising bug too.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #860
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

You would love it Christen!!!!!
I am getting closer to the cruise portion on my other tr and you will see how my 3 year old niece loved it. Her 3 year old cousin did too. In fact he is cruising again in Sept.
Well, May 2014 would make Catie just 3Ö Maybe a short one to just see how they could handle it! We'll see! We'd have to do WDW and a cruise though. Cortlyn couldn't go without a day at MK! Yup- I'm blaming her!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #861
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the update and all the pics! But no potty pics? From the lady that is famous for taking photos of el bano (Sp?) But if they were that nasty, we probably would complain!

Love the water pics! The aqua and light colors - shallow water. The deep blue - way over your head! We noticed that on our cruise as well last year!

My dad had to visit the Dr. on our cruise last year - he had some very bad bloody noses due to dryness before we left home, and they put a plug basically in his nose. They removed it the first day at sea on the ship, and I recall my mom commenting that the charge for that was very resonable.

We leave in just over a year for the next one. Miami on the Wonder for 5 nights was over $2K cheaper than 7 nights on the Fantasy out of PC! I'll save the money and stay longer in Miami. Only 19 days until we go to Florida though!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #862
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Well, May 2014 would make Catie just 3Ö Maybe a short one to just see how they could handle it! We'll see! We'd have to do WDW and a cruise though. Cortlyn couldn't go without a day at MK! Yup- I'm blaming her!
I do agree to try a short one first and see how it goes. I have that problem too. I hate giving up a day at MK too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the update and all the pics! But no potty pics? From the lady that is famous for taking photos of el bano (Sp?) But if they were that nasty, we probably would complain!

Love the water pics! The aqua and light colors - shallow water. The deep blue - way over your head! We noticed that on our cruise as well last year!

My dad had to visit the Dr. on our cruise last year - he had some very bad bloody noses due to dryness before we left home, and they put a plug basically in his nose. They removed it the first day at sea on the ship, and I recall my mom commenting that the charge for that was very resonable.

We leave in just over a year for the next one. Miami on the Wonder for 5 nights was over $2K cheaper than 7 nights on the Fantasy out of PC! I'll save the money and stay longer in Miami. Only 19 days until we go to Florida though!
Thanks. I love that blue water and all it's shades.

I wish I was heading to Florida in 19 days. Nothing planned at all this year ...yet! I am going to try and aim for Dec. but you never know what may happen. Right now Skip can barely walk, so I am not even mentioning anything till he is on the mend, whenever that may be.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #863
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Our breadsticks arrive next at our dinner at Palo
Freshly Baked Bread on Our Pizza Oven. (Grissin Sticks, Olive and Ciabatta Rolls, and Focaccia Bread)

Our server! I canít remember his name, but it was something hard to say and only Susan could master it right away.

And then the Palo's Cold Antipasti Specialties presented from our Antipast Cartello;
Prosciutto, Bresaola, Parmesan-Reggiano, Marinated Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
served with Palo's Famous Dips and Olive Oil.

I tried some and I have to say, itís all pretty foreign to me and not something I really cared for.

I was trying to get a picture of the roses, but I just wasnít getting it right.

For an appetizer I ordered the Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Dressing.

Lisa got the Frito di Calamari, Lightly-crusted calamari I believe.

And Shelly got the Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp I believe. I am looking things up on menus online and they donít all sound right.

I think everyone else got some variation of those 3 as well.

For the next course, bot h Lisa and I got the Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli with a light truffle burro Bianco.

I thought it was good, Lisa thought it was disgusting. She didnít like the texture and she was expecting something more like regular ravioli and more of a red sauce I think. I would say, I would prefer that too. This was good, but not fabulous.

And then I believe we were served a palette cleanser.

For our main courses Ö.this is where I messed up. I was the one who suggested this night for Palo and it turned out to be Lobster night on the ship. I am one who loves to get Lobster whenever served. We were told we could still get it in Palo, but I really shouldíve tried something that I couldnít get in the main dining room. I didnít. I got the Lobster. It was good, but I kind felt like I was wasting money getting something here I couldíve gotten in the dining room.

It was served beautifully though.

Many of us got the Lobster. A couple also got the Beef Tenderloin "Palo" served with Palo signature Barolo red wine sauce or Gorgonzola Sauce.

The food was good, but it didnít WOW me at all. I think I came in with too high of expectations. To me nothing we had so far would make me think it was better than the dining rooms.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #864
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Dessert time! Of course we all had to try the Chocolate Soufflť with Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce.

This again was good, but it did NOT WOW me at all. I thought the vanilla one served in Tritons/Lumiere's or Royal Palace was just as good. Actually maybe even more to my liking.

I have this picture, and for the life of me I can’t remember what it is, and I am sure someone can remind me. I think it was some Kind of after dinner thing for digestion?

We all kind of agreed that the food was good, but not something we would rush back for. It was the first Palo dinner for all of us. Brook has done the brunch and she said it was MUCH better than the dinner.
I have now sailed the Dream since then and I did do the brunch on it. It was 100 times better than the dinner. I will most likely never do dinner again, but I will try the brunch out again.

We were running late for the show now and we had asked our server for our bill. He was kind of slow to get it and he was a bit mixed up with everyone asking for their own. I think with an extra tip and drink my bill was $30-$35. To me, it was NOT worth the price at all, but I am glad I tried it.

We rushed off to the show and it had already begun and we quickly found seats. We enjoyed this show too.

After the show I think we might’ve headed back to the room for a bit and then we were all going to meet up at the John Charles adult show in Rockin’ Bar D.
When Lisa and I arrived it was pretty busy already. They were finishing up another show, if I remember right. We just found some seats and sat. We later spotted Brook, Carolyn, Shelly and Susan across the way. It was too crowded to go over and try to squeeze in with them.

We enjoyed his show once again. I think the first time we saw him was better, but this one was good too.
After it was over, Lisa said she was dead tired and left. I moved over near the other girls and sat down. One hit Wonders was next and we sat and watched that a bit.
Remember the lady we called Jazzy on the first day. The older lady who could DANCE! We had seen her several times throughout the cruise and she was here tonight. We watched her dance a bit to some of the songs. Soon we all started getting tired and one by one left.
I decided to take a walk up on deck before heading back to the room

It was close to midnight now and I headed back to the room and went to sleep.

Another long, but very fun day!!!!

Last edited by jenseib; 02-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #865
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Palo as much as you expected it to. We actually LOVE the food up there. But then it IS very italian (apart from that lobster dish) and we are used to that.
I had to LOL, as some of the US staples really gross ME out, with Mac and Cheese coming to mind first - yuck!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #866
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Palo as much as you thought that you would. Like you said, you'd probably built it up in your mind that it was going to be outstanding and it just didn't live up to your expectations. I've done that before.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #867
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am sorry that you did not enjoy Palo as much as you had hoped for. I have just booked Palo dinner and Brunch for our Alaska cruise. I am still not paid in full for our repositioning cruise, but I am hoping to get another Brunch for this. I think one dinner will be enough this time round.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #868
vleeth
I heart Disney

If it makes you feel any better...that is not what my lobster looked like!

We weren't impressed with DCL's food at all, especially the desserts. We find Carnival has better food and way better desserts...but thats about the only thing that is better.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #869
francis6306
DIS Veteran

The food looks great- but I'm sure it was just the expectation.

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #870
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Palo as much as you expected it to. We actually LOVE the food up there. But then it IS very italian (apart from that lobster dish) and we are used to that.
I had to LOL, as some of the US staples really gross ME out, with Mac and Cheese coming to mind first - yuck!
I really enjoyed brunch on the Dream, the food was different there and I had more to my liking then.
I'm not a big fan of mac and cheese either. Actually I only like the box kind with the powder cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Palo as much as you thought that you would. Like you said, you'd probably built it up in your mind that it was going to be outstanding and it just didn't live up to your expectations. I've done that before.
I am sure it was the hype I had read about it. Or it could've been on off night too. It wasn't bad, just not the wow factor I thought it would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am sorry that you did not enjoy Palo as much as you had hoped for. I have just booked Palo dinner and Brunch for our Alaska cruise. I am still not paid in full for our repositioning cruise, but I am hoping to get another Brunch for this. I think one dinner will be enough this time round.

Corinna
I did like Brunch on the Dream. That was lick your plate good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
If it makes you feel any better...that is not what my lobster looked like!

We weren't impressed with DCL's food at all, especially the desserts. We find Carnival has better food and way better desserts...but thats about the only thing that is better.
I like the food, but I don't think DCL is over the top fabulous. I have heard mixed on Carnival, especially the triumph right now that is serving meatless cheese burgers s ans they float adrift right now.

I wish DCL would have my favorite desserts out on the buffet every day though. Well they do have the cookies!

Quote:
The food looks great- but I'm sure it was just the expectation.
I am sure that was a big part of it. I was expecting more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: