Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
bluesky1997
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky1997 View Post
I can't answer number 2 for you but one of the many reasons we are looking at AKL is that they do have rooms with a bunk bed. I too have a girl and a boy and there is no way they would ever agree to share a bed!
Although, now that I think of it, can you get a room at AKL with DVC points? I know you can get the Villas but I don't know if they have bunk bed rooms. The villas won't work for us, well the ones that are available for our time period anyway, because all the rooms have one bed and a pull out sofa.
bluesky1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manateesmom View Post
This is my concern as well. DS might need a mid-day nap, and I've heard that the buses could take an hour to get back to AKL? I don't need to do parks sun-up to sun-down, but don't want to lose hours of the day just getting to and from the parks and resorts.

We're with you, OP, we'll be doing a couple/few days at WDW after the cruise, mostly just to see Magic Kingdom and some Epcot time for DH and I. We have been thinking about Contemporary, just for the ease of getting to and from MK, but the pricing . . .

I'm not sure if you've said when you're sailing, but there are often deals for the resorts. Room-only discounts are available, but it seems like they may be phasing out free dining deals in favor of discounted "stay, play and dine" vacation packages. For our September cruise/stay, some people have already reported receiving PINs, and historically sales would be released in early March
for our dates. Just a heads-up to check on the resorts board to look for discounts

As much as I love AKL if I'm spending a lot of time at any of the parks besides AK, I wouldn't stay here. Even for us older people it is a pain to get back to magic kingdom at night for late magic hours!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
As much as I love AKL if I'm spending a lot of time at any of the parks besides AK, I wouldn't stay here. Even for us older people it is a pain to get back to magic kingdom at night for late magic hours!
That's understandable because of it's location but I always rent a car. I haven't been happy with Disney's transportation system since the World expanded so much. Too many stops,too long to get from A to B, too much wasted vacation time.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: