Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

On line check in problem!!!

I have been trying to check in on line for 2 days. I called the help line. They have had numerous complaints....Even the wrong reservation numbers coming up! They are taking it down for repair and it should be back up by 2/5/13 hopefully fixed.
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Hey, worst case, you can check in at the resort. It doesn't save that much time doing it online.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I'm concerned about doing online check in for my trip the end of the month. For my early January trip, I kept trying and trying to do online check in, and it didn't work until the day before arrival. By that time, I'd already withdrawn cash from the bank to use in case I couldn't get my cc entered (I prefer to enter the card myself online as opposed to handing it off to someone at the front desk). I like to use the KTTW to charge, but hearing that they are still having issues is making me very nervous.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

Has there always been an issue with the on line check in? I agree I would rather do it on line too.
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
Has there always been an issue with the on line check in? I agree I would rather do it on line too.
I used online check in for the first time this past trip and quite frankly i'll never do it again. It took twice as long upon arriving as it did our prior two trips doing it just when we got to the resort.
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
SerinaShelby
Earning My Ears

I've always done on line check in, had no problems and loved it. Today, I went to do on line check in and it redirected me to a different Disney website - but still wasn't able to access the on line check in. Anyone else had better luck?
SerinaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Well, I didn't have any issues doing online check in for my 2/26 trip like I did for the one in January, so I think they are getting some of the bugs worked out.

Are you able to see your reservations under My Disney Experience on the new website? If so, it should say online check in available next to the reservation. I just clicked on that, and it took me into the online check in page.

I did it about three weeks prior to check in.

I don't know that it makes any difference, but mine was a room only reservation, not a package.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
SerinaShelby
Earning My Ears

I'll try it again - thanks. I spoke with member services in an attempt to figure it out and she said all the Disney websites are being redone and it could be months before they get it all figured out. (Really?!) And...I guess they aren't saying "Have a magical day" at the end of a phone conversation. Needless to say, not my best experience with member services.
SerinaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
It's recent. Up until late last year it was just 10 days in advance. Now it's 60 if you use the main Disney site. Since then the problems seem to have precipitated. For the record, if you can do it, DO IT!! It does save time and it does allow you to request a room number or floor or other special requests. I've showed up as early as 0930 and the room with all the keys and folder is ready.
cbonewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: