Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #16
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Just so I'm clear ...

If we purchase one of the certificates, the MCO Hyatt hotel is at the Choice level?

I have a reservation for one month from now with a quoted rate of $242 a night. Obviously, I'd love to get the same room for $152 by using the certificate.

If we get the certificate, do we need to cancel the reservation and make a new one? Or perhaps just apply the certificate and modify our reservation by calling them?

Thanks to all, because it looks like we'll be able to save some money! Love the DIS community!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
calismic
Mouseketeer

Question about the certificates. What is the difference in level? Hyatt's site doesn't really explain it well. I don't want to buy a "choice" certificate and then be told that it is not applicable for my date of travel. I'm in the same situation right now where they want $242 for the room for one night. =\
calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
novascotiagal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Just so I'm clear ...

If we purchase one of the certificates, the MCO Hyatt hotel is at the Choice level?

I have a reservation for one month from now with a quoted rate of $242 a night. Obviously, I'd love to get the same room for $152 by using the certificate.

If we get the certificate, do we need to cancel the reservation and make a new one? Or perhaps just apply the certificate and modify our reservation by calling them?

Thanks to all, because it looks like we'll be able to save some money! Love the DIS community!
You may want to call Hyatt Reservations first. They only have so many rooms available that Stay Certificates can be applied to. If available they can make a reservation for you under Stay Certificate and then you can call back and give them the actual certificate number once you receive it (at least that is what I did).

Best of luck
novascotiagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

I called hyatts main website number and booked for a choice certificate which I haven't even ordered yet. it was her idea to do this, she told me all I had to do was now order the certificate and then bring it with me. she said the room was already registered as being a stay certificate.
I don't know for sure if all dates are this category, I think so but not 100%. just call the 800 number and ask. if you can save 50 bucks, well......
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #20
MickeyMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos14 View Post
I did Priceline.com. I bid on a 4 star and got Hyatt Regency Grand. On line was $250 I bid and got for $110.
Do you realize the Hyatt Regency Grand is not the Hyatt in the airport?
MickeyMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #21
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!

I called Hyatt and the reservation agent said that I needed to purchase the certificate first, and then call in with the number. She did advise that there was plenty of availability at the hotel.

After I hung up, I decided I just wanted to confirm that I understand how the program worked, so I called again. This agent said it would be no problem to modify our existing reservation, and that we could just present the certificate at check-in. All done in the flash of an eye!

The one flaw in the system is that they appear to insist on a paper copy, for which we must pay Fed Ex shipping rates. But even then, we're still saving a lot of money over the posted rate.

As I said to DH, the helpful folks on the DIS boards have saved us a lot of money!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: