Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
andeesings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet
I haven't even been able to call and book my Escape Wedding with DFTW (Monday is my 9 month day...) and I'm already stressing over a dress. I know dresses are a process, but I HATE trying on clothes, much less a dress. I have been known to cry in dressing rooms if that tells you anything.

I am 5'2" and on the bigger side (I think, but I'm usually told otherwise). My bra size is 36DD, depending on the bra. My rear-end is full, which is where most of my weight is. I have a VERY curvy body and a bit of a tummy.

With that being said... what should I look for in a dress? Support is necessary, because I do not want to keep pulling up my dress all day. My arms aren't big or flabby, but they do rest against my sides were my bust is, so they kind of flatten out and look bigger than they are. Both of our families are conservative, with my fiancé's family being more conservative, so sexy-sweet isn't really an option. I'm not into trains or lace or anything like that. I want simple, but classy.

So, I'd like straps, if possible. I have been looking online and think that A-Line with or without pick-ups look to be the most flattering. I have been reading all about which styles would go with certain body types. My IDEAL dress is a tea-length dress, but my fiancé does not like the idea (we watch Say Yes to the Dress and look at bridal magazines, so I get his opinion without really asking). He is quite traditional... but I'm not so much.

Any tips that will help reduce my stress that I've created for myself? I don't want to hate the process, but I'm afraid that I will because I hate my body.
If you're looking for something with sleeves, a friend of mine had a LOT of luck going to Utah!!!!!! I know that sounds strange, but a great deal of brides there are Church of Latter Day Saints, so they have a lot of restrictions in terms of modesty. I know it seems a bit crazy but she REALLY wanted sleeves and wasn't interested in paying $500+ to have them added. She had loads of GREAT choices and the prices were good!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
XxsmortzxX
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
So, I'd like straps, if possible. I have been looking online and think that A-Line with or without pick-ups look to be the most flattering. I have been reading all about which styles would go with certain body types. My IDEAL dress is a tea-length dress, but my fiancé does not like the idea (we watch Say Yes to the Dress and look at bridal magazines, so I get his opinion without really asking). He is quite traditional... but I'm not so much.

Any tips that will help reduce my stress that I've created for myself? I don't want to hate the process, but I'm afraid that I will because I hate my body.
Hello! I just wanted to let you know something that I just found out having gone to my first fitting for alterations. I had bought a strapless A-Line but did not feel comfortable with the way it made my underarms look. They actually said they could add straps to almost any A-Line dress in alterations! They even had a set of straps to try on and see which ones I liked. You should ask the boutique you are looking at if they can do straps in alterations. I went to David's Bridal, but asked other boutiques just out of curiosity and the majority of them said they could add a jacket, capped off sleeves, two inch wide sleeves, lace sleeves, the whole nine yards!

XxsmortzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: