Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Dylan&LandonsMama
Earning My Ears

Best place for cheap tickets? (Convention Tickets???)

We planned a last minute trip leaving on 2/15. Where is the best place to get discounted or cheap tickets? (I think 3 day)

Last edited by Dylan&LandonsMama; 02-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Dylan&LandonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan&LandonsMama View Post
We planned a last minute trip leaving on 2/15. Where is the best place to get discounted or cheap tickets? (I think 3 day)

Disney=$220 $30 off.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
T0rrent
Mouseketeer

They are cracking down on ticket resellers so do not go that route. Compare prices online at disney with AAA and Safeway or whatever your local grocery store is. Prices won't fluctuate that much between each place.
T0rrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Do you or your husband work for a larger company whose HR department is in charge of company benefits? I found the cheapest ticket price through this route. My husband's employer uses ticketsatwork.com. You need to have an employer password. Priced out my 5 day tickets at $259 for adults and $244 child. This is slightly higher than the current promo of $255 adult and $235 child through ARES but expires on 3/11/13. Our trip is not until April but if yours is before 3/11/13, that's the cheapest. You'd have to check on the 3 day prices though, I didn't write those down.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Disney online has the $220 deal for 3 day hoppers. I was told by a CM (when I made my hotel reservations) that it was internet only and you can't purchase them for that price at DL. They have to be used by a certain date, but 2/15 is definitely within the window.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
tiggerjay
Mouseketeer

A couple of places to check: through your work, credit union or bank. Also check Costco, AAA and VONS/Safeway. There are a couple of authorized ticket resellers online. Buy in advance, even if just from the Disney website... Print at home tickets are less than gate prices and you go directly to the turnstiles, no need to redeem at a counter. Of course if you need more than just tickets, see a Travel Agent...

Avoid general ticket resellers, signed on the side of the road down there, Craigslist or Ebay, etc. Disney has started (Jan 2013) enforcing the "non transferable" element of the tickets by using photo ID matching to specific tickets. If your photo doesn't match what is associated with the ticket, they will not let you in, regardless of your story.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
Chereya
DIS Veteran

You could also try to match up your trip dates with a convention or sporting event in town and try to buy the convention tickets. Many of the conventions and sporting events are open to the public but you'd have to do your own investigation. I think the convention tickets are a good chunk cheaper.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
CalvaryMike
DIS Veteran

Or if you know someone in So. Cal, they might have discounts at their work. Currently, I can get an Adult 3 day PH with MM for $198 through my work.
CalvaryMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
HollyL
Mouseketeer

I saved quite a chunk of money getting convention tickets.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I work at IBM, and they offer 10% off the already discounted promotional tickets. Double discount. That took the price for four 5-day PH from $1120 to $900. I then went and bought Disney Gift Cards at a 20% discount and used those gift cards to buy the tickets. Triple discount. Ultimately, I bought $1120 worth of PH passes for $720. A 36% discount.

But I understand that discount is only readily available for people going in the promotional period, who work at a large company with a Disney discount through their work, and live either in Texas or near a Target store in December.

Last edited by ValpoCory; 02-07-2013 at 02:53 PM.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
damiel
DIS Veteran

I just called our local AAA office (Washington State) and was told AAA does not offer any discount on park tickets. They do give yoyu a free parking pass if you buy the ticket from them.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #12
Dylan&LandonsMama
Earning My Ears

There is a medical convention going on when we are supposed to be there and I can register for that for free. I can also purchase tickets through there but I am scared that they will get cancelled if I don't actually attend the conference.

Any experience with this??
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
Dylan&LandonsMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan&LandonsMama View Post
There is a medical convention going on when we are supposed to be there and I can register for that for free. I can also purchase tickets through there but I am scared that they will get cancelled if I don't actually attend the conference.

Any experience with this??
Bumping this up! Anyone know?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Scribble Kitty
Mouseketeer

You'll be fine using convention tickets. Many conventions advertise anyone can buy and use their tickets since there doesn't seem to be a limit on them and there really isn't any way to track whether you attended their convention or not.

It just comes down to how you personally feel about it. If you're conscience is pulling at you, pay the few extra dollars and get the promo tickets Disney is offering.

EDIT: Just looked up the current convention prices and found this disclaimer:
Quote:
*These specially priced tickets are intended only for guests that are participating in the Special Event or convention that this link was created for. We reserve the right to contact you to request that you provide your event registration confirmation should this store be for a convention or meeting (Special Event). If it is discovered that the purchaser of the ticket is not participating or attending the Special Event it will be considered a misuse of this offer and ticket, and the ticket(s) will be blocked and will not be eligible for a refund. In addition these tickets cannot be purchased for the purpose of or with the intention of being resold.

Last edited by Scribble Kitty; 02-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Scribble Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Dylan&LandonsMama
Earning My Ears

Yes that's the disclaimer Im worried about. But I registered for the convention so how can they track my tickets to the convention? Ill have the paper saying I am registered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble Kitty View Post
[s]You'll be fine using convention tickets. Many conventions advertise anyone can buy and use their tickets since there doesn't seem to be a limit on them and there really isn't any way to track whether you attended their convention or not.[/s]

It just comes down to how you personally feel about it. If you're conscience is pulling at you, pay the few extra dollars and get the promo tickets Disney is offering.

EDIT: Just looked up the current convention prices and found this disclaimer:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: