Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Just off the Magic . My DS prayed for fog last night, so we'd get a little extra time on her. I guess God decided to answer his prayer . We carried our own luggage off and were on the curb waiting for our ride at 11:40am this morning, so it really was only a few hours delay. It was long enough for us to watch Brave and have some more (family) time in the Oceaneer's Lab . They told us that there were 2,087 Texans on this sailing, so there shouldn't have been too many people who had flight plans messed up. GREAT cruise. We're frequent cruisers, but this was our first time on DCL. We are definitely converts to DCL for family cruises. We booked another for the fall while we were on board ! The cutest thing I saw this morning during the delay: Belle sitting in an alcove on Deck four reading a story to a group of about 10 little girls . --Katie
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
cutielulu593
Earning My Ears

I visited Galveston once in February for a few days when I lived in TX and it got foggy at the same time every day. About 1 or 2 in the afternoon and was foggy into evening. It wasn't just a little fog. It was the densest fog I've ever experienced. It was strange.

Is that common for Galveston this time of year?
cutielulu593 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel
Just off the Magic . My DS prayed for fog last night, so we'd get a little extra time on her. I guess God decided to answer his prayer . We carried our own luggage off and were on the curb waiting for our ride at 11:40am this morning, so it really was only a few hours delay. It was long enough for us to watch Brave and have some more (family) time in the Oceaneer's Lab . They told us that there were 2,087 Texans on this sailing, so there shouldn't have been too many people who had flight plans messed up. GREAT cruise. We're frequent cruisers, but this was our first time on DCL. We are definitely converts to DCL for family cruises. We booked another for the fall while we were on board ! The cutest thing I saw this morning during the delay: Belle sitting in an alcove on Deck four reading a story to a group of about 10 little girls . --Katie
....and one little boy. Well, at least for as long as a 3 year old boy's attention span could last. I'll post a picture when we get home.

I know those getting on probably aren't happy, but we are very happy with how the delay was handled on our side. We had family time in the club this morning, made bead bracelets in the lab, and got to see several characters again. We also ate lunch at Plutos dog house before getting off. Status announcements were informative but not frequent and annoying.

They didn't have to entertain us, but they did. This was also our first Disney cruise and they won us over too. We also booked for the fall on the Wonder!

We did not carry our luggage off and we were through customs by 12:15p.
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Now I really hope they manage to get out of there okay... The NWS just issued another dense fog advisory for Galveston and coastal areas until 6pm, with "a good possibility" that the advisory will be extended tonight. It's definitely starting to look hazier...

http://www.galveston.com/cruisevideocam/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutielulu593 View Post
I visited Galveston once in February for a few days when I lived in TX and it got foggy at the same time every day. About 1 or 2 in the afternoon and was foggy into evening. It wasn't just a little fog. It was the densest fog I've ever experienced. It was strange.
Is that common for Galveston this time of year?

It's not every day, but it's not uncommon this time of year either. When it's unseasonably warm, like now (mid-70's and higher), the warm air blowing across the cool water is what causes the dense fog. I'm just praying that the forecasted cool front next week happens before we sail on Friday!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
....and one little boy. Well, at least for as long as a 3 year old boy's attention span could last. I'll post a picture when we get home.

I know those getting on probably aren't happy, but we are very happy with how the delay was handled on our side. We had family time in the club this morning, made bead bracelets in the lab, and got to see several characters again. We also ate lunch at Plutos dog house before getting off. Status announcements were informative but not frequent and annoying.

They didn't have to entertain us, but they did. This was also our first Disney cruise and they won us over too. We also booked for the fall on the Wonder!

We did not carry our luggage off and we were through customs by 12:15p.
Here's the pic I have . Is that you and your DS ??
My kiddos and hubby were in the Lab at the time, but I just had to take a pic of this b/c I thought it was so sweet. I thought they did a great job with the delay . --Katie
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel
Here's the pic I have . Is that you and your DS ??
My kiddos and hubby were in the Lab at the time, but I just had to take a pic of this b/c I thought it was so sweet. I thought they did a great job with the delay . --Katie
LOL, not us and all the kids in my picture are different. Belle must have had a busy morning with multiple story times!

We went down to the sea wall for a bit after getting off. There was virtually no fog at the cruise terminal at 12:30 (my pictures look totally clear) but the further west we went the thicker it got. Visibility on the beach in front of San Luis was maybe 25 feet at around 1 pm.

We still have ~3 hours in the car. Big sigh.
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, Sept 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

It was really foggy in Houston this morning, first thing I thought about when I woke up and saw it was how it would delay the ship. I'm glad Disney took care of everyone though!

I'm going a bit OT here but are any of you writing a trip report? I'm on the 4/12 4-night out of Galveston and would love to hear your experiences!!

Thanks in advance & welcome home!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
Gina

Oh WOW... Look at it now.. http://www.galveston.com/cruisevideocam/

You can't even see the Magic now!! Those poor people are never going to get to leave today

Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Oh WOW... Look at it now.. http://www.galveston.com/cruisevideocam/

You can't even see the Magic now!! Those poor people are never going to get to leave today
They just left port.
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
Gina

Oh good!! Bon Voyage, happy Magic cruisers! :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S Blaze using DISBoards mobile

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: