Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
nlm74
Mouseketeer

AKL Club Level - Standard View?

Hello,

Visiting in Sept and trying to decide between AKL Club Level Standard Rm or Arusha View. I'm wondering what the view is of the standard club room?

We are not doing a dining plan so thought taking advantage of the club level snacks would be a bonus but we also want to make sure we have a view.

I've done multiple searches to find what the view is like in these club level rooms but everything that's popping up is from 2008 or 2011 and I know they've done some re-assigning of their rooms.

Feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks.
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74 View Post
Hello,

Visiting in Sept and trying to decide between AKL Club Level Standard Rm or Arusha View. I'm wondering what the view is of the standard club room?

We are not doing a dining plan so thought taking advantage of the club level snacks would be a bonus but we also want to make sure we have a view.

I've done multiple searches to find what the view is like in these club level rooms but everything that's popping up is from 2008 or 2011 and I know they've done some re-assigning of their rooms.

Thanks.
Well, my honest opinion is to due a dining plan and stay in a standard view room. We stayed there Jan. 2012 and did standard view, i was going to upgrade upon check in but cm told me not to, he thought it was a waste of money. Well I'm extremely glad i didn't. We got to our room opened the door and had a wonderful view of giraffes, zebras and some big horned animal right outside our balcony. Thought i had been upgraded but checked and nope it was a standard room.
prune1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
kimpup
Earning My Ears

I just got back and actually stayed in 2 different rooms there.
I first stayed in a standard room - non club level and had a nice view of the sunrise savanah with some animals.

Then we switched to club level - they told me all club level rooms have a savanah view. We had an awsome view! I had amazing pics of all the animals right outside my window!! The food in club level was good from what i had. There was alwyas coffee tea drinks and of course alcohol! totally worth club level if you like to drink and hang out!

I was sick half the trip so i didnt take advantage of it I did have some really nice mint tea type of thing they had which helped my throat.

If you do club level, do the sunrise safari!!! omg soooo worth it!
kimpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74 View Post
Hello,

Thanks.
All AKL Club rooms (not DVC) are Arusha Savannah view. They are on the 4th floor. We loved our stay. We were on the Zebra trail, which is the side closest to the pool, Mara, etc.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We booked AKL Club, which wasn't much more than an Arusha bunk, so I felt it was worth it for the added goods throughout the day. So excited, and now, on to restaurant planning!

Cheers!
nlm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74
Thanks everyone for the feedback! We booked AKL Club, which wasn't much more than an Arusha bunk, so I felt it was worth it for the added goods throughout the day. So excited, and now, on to restaurant planning!

Cheers!
Awesome! You are going to loooove CL service! It's bad because you get spoiled! Enjoy!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
vinmar4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
Well, my honest opinion is to due a dining plan and stay in a standard view room. We stayed there Jan. 2012 and did standard view, i was going to upgrade upon check in but cm told me not to, he thought it was a waste of money. Well I'm extremely glad i didn't. We got to our room opened the door and had a wonderful view of giraffes, zebras and some big horned animal right outside our balcony. Thought i had been upgraded but checked and nope it was a standard room.
do you remember what was your room number?
was it a studio or a one bedroom?
We are staying there in June and have some nights in a one bedroom value and I have some room numbers where we stayed before with a savannah view and it was great, but never stayed in a standard and at the end of our trip we have some nights in a standard view.
thanks
vinmar4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: