Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
Earning my ears
Mouseketeer

Disney Jr. characters at HS

If they are updating the characters at Disney Jr. Show, I wonder if they will update the characters at Hollywood & Vine. I have a 4 year old grand daughter & we are going there the end of April. She would love to see Doc McStuffins and Sofia...............
Earning my ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earning my ears View Post
If they are updating the characters at Disney Jr. Show, I wonder if they will update the characters at Hollywood & Vine. I have a 4 year old grand daughter & we are going there the end of April. She would love to see Doc McStuffins and Sofia...............
I would think that would be unlikely...

They are slow to roll over the characters at buffets.

But i actually (shockingly) have to recommend Hollywood and vine for breakfast. We had been there in the past and it was pretty non-exciting. But my daughter woke up early one day in august (5:30...bleh) and we decided to head out (from Beach Club) and book the opening at hollywood and vine.

It was great...the characters were better there than most other places i've been too in years....especially the "meat market" places like Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, and Crystal Palace...

They had 2 little einsteins, Jake and Oso there...which back to your original question, makes it somewhat unlikely they'll change again. Two of those characters are relatively new and all the shows are still on Dis and/or Disney Junior. And since they have two "girl breakfasts" already...the more male characters at hollywood and vine i'm sure are meant to be kinda a foil.

I could see them rushing Sofia in to the parks though...as the show is a very big hit for them right now (and should be...much better show than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Jake) and they might want to capitalize. I don't know if that means hollywood and vine though...they may just as soon try to put the character out somewhere where they can get more exposure/photopass...as opposed to the relatively obscure restaurant.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty excited about Jake and Oso replacing Jojo and (I already forget who else was replaced, that's how memorable it was for our family)! DS4 will be ecstatic to meet them both and still loves the Little Einsteins. He likes Sophia and Doc as well, but Jake is #1 right now!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
MTAPierce
Excited for our 1st trip to WDW!

I'd hate to see them replace Handy Manny, Oso, or Jake... June.. I could take or leave. We don't really watch Little Einsteins. I agree that with all of the princess character meals it's nice to have one with the cool male characters. I have a 3 year old son, who enjoyed Hollywood and Vine SO very much last year... he still talks about it! He does kind of like Sophia and Doc too though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: