Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #136
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds
Thank you!

Deciding between Jazz & Calypso. I like Calypso but I would like a quieter room. (we get up early & get out early).
I stayed on the backside of calypso 10. It was very quiet.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #137
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I have a cpap machine too , I usually pack a couple of small bottles of distilled water in my suitcase thats enought to fill the machine about 3 times and that does me about a week or until I can find a wallgreens or similar when I get there. This will be my first time flying but Im still putting a bottle of water in my suitcase inside some ziplock baggies incase it bursts.
Wrap your bottled water in a diaper or doggie pee pad before you put it into a ziploc. Then double or triple ziploc bag it. Usually what causes bottles to leak is the weight of other suitcases pressing down on it. So be sure that it's well padded in the center of your suitcase.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #138
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Thank you!

Deciding between Jazz & Calypso. I like Calypso but I would like a quieter room. (we get up early & get out early).
Just ask for a non poolside room. Even in Calypso it will be quiet. Also, the upper floors are quieter than the ground.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #139
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Wrap your bottled water in a diaper or doggie pee pad before you put it into a ziploc. Then double or triple ziploc bag it. Usually what causes bottles to leak is the weight of other suitcases pressing down on it. So be sure that it's well padded in the center of your suitcase.
Ohhh what a clever idea! thank you soo much. My little boy is 4 now and potty trained but I do have half a pack of huggies diapers still in the closet I didnt throw away yet. I will def do that. I was going to ask, I know I have only payed for a standard room but if I had to request a room what would you guys reccommend to be the best rooms to ask for? Every time we have gone to Disney we have always ended up with a facing the car park room, to be honest Im wondering if they take requests saying "non car park please" lol... I can try right???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #140
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I know I have only payed for a standard room but if I had to request a room what would you guys reccommend to be the best rooms to ask for? Every time we have gone to Disney we have always ended up with a facing the car park room, to be honest Im wondering if they take requests saying "non car park please" lol... I can try right???
You could either call ahead and ask for a room with a 'view' or just wait until you get there. If you don't care what building you're in but just want a decent view wait until check in and explain what you want. Don't do the online check in as it makes it much harder to get a room request granted.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #141
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I stayed on the backside of calypso 10. It was very quiet.
Sounds perfect, thanks!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #142
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Just ask for a non poolside room. Even in Calypso it will be quiet. Also, the upper floors are quieter than the ground.
Thanks!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #143
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

Just Booked Music May 28 - June 1, excited to try out this resort.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #144
GeorgiaH
Mouseketeer

Just booked for a Girls Trip with my daughter and granddaughter for June 20-25.
2007 Pop Century
2002 Caribbean Beach
1994 All Star Sports
GeorgiaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #145
Schminston-Mo
Mouseketeer

Yay! I booked our trip for August!

How far are the smoking areas away from the buildings? I was wondering if I should include "away from smoking areas" when I'm requesting a room or if it is a non-issue.

I don't want to smell it in my room or have to cross a smoking area to get to other areas of the resort.
Camping Ft. Wilderness 2004
Off Site 2007
August 2009 POP!
Schminston-Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #146
Peanut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schminston-Mo View Post

How far are the smoking areas away from the buildings? I was wondering if I should include "away from smoking areas" when I'm requesting a room or if it is a non-issue.

I don't want to smell it in my room or have to cross a smoking area to get to other areas of the resort.
I would like to know this too. I hadn't thought about this, but I should have. Thanks for thinking of it!!!
Pop Oct '04, CBR Oct '06, CSR Dec '07, POR Nov '08, ASMu Mar '13, POFQ Dec '14
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #147
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schminston-Mo View Post

There are only 2 designated smoking areas. Imagine standing at the back of Melody Hall facing the guitar pool....one is immediately to your right, at the corner of the building and the other is straight ahead of you as far back as you can go on the property in between the Country Fair buildings.

So I don't think you will need to worry about making any request or smelling it in your room. That said, some smokers feel free to walk and smoke all over the place. So you will encounter it occasionally.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #148
GeorgiaH
Mouseketeer

We have a 8:15 ressie at the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone know what time the bus picks up for people with early reservations? The park does not open till 9 that day.
Thanks!
2007 Pop Century
2002 Caribbean Beach
1994 All Star Sports
GeorgiaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #149
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaH View Post
We have a 8:15 ressie at the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone know what time the bus picks up for people with early reservations? The park does not open till 9 that day.
Thanks!
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #150
dissybroad
MNSSHP 2014

I stayed solo in a first floor Jazz room facing the central promenade for OMDD.I had no problem with noise.

We have a family suite and two preferred rooms booked for April so we'll be in Calypso. (Can't hear that name without thinking of Pirates of the Caribbean). There'll be 9 of us including 3 kids 4 and under so we wanted to be near the bus pick up point, Melody Hall food court, the guitar pool, and the laundry facilities!

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: