DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Trip Insurance

We have the DVC trip insurance and we are supposed to leave on Friday for WDW. They are predicting possible snow for Friday. If we are unable to leave on Friday (driving) because of the weather, will the trip insurance cover the lost points since our travel will be delayed. I have the documents from the insurance company but I am confused on whether or not this would be covered
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh View Post
We have the DVC trip insurance and we are supposed to leave on Friday for WDW. They are predicting possible snow for Friday. If we are unable to leave on Friday (driving) because of the weather, will the trip insurance cover the lost points since our travel will be delayed. I have the documents from the insurance company but I am confused on whether or not this would be covered
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...ex_Info_V2.pdf

See page 18. It looks like roads would have to be closed. Can you leave early?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know

That is kind of what I was thinking. Unfortunately we cannot leave any earlier. I am praying the storm just heads out to sea
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
tink_n_pooh

Just as an FYI for anyone reading this in the future... I just spoke with travelex insurance and I have confirmed that there is no coverage at all if you are driving unless there is a documented road closure (for more than 5 hours), you can document a vehicle break down, or (heaven forbid) a documented accident.

In the event of road closure you are reimbursed for travel expenses (meals, room, etc) incurred while you are delayed but not for the room you already had booked at your location and were unable to use.

There is no coverage at all for delayed travel due to unsafe conditions, such as delaying travel for one day to wait for safe road conditions.

However, I also spoke with member services who mentioned several times if we do need to cancel a night because of extreme weather to call and inform them and they will "see what they can do". The CM I spoke with was very kind and let me know that DVC may be able to return our points lost in a case of extreme weather
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
heynowirv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh
Just as an FYI for anyone reading this in the future... I just spoke with travelex insurance and I have confirmed that there is no coverage at all if you are driving unless there is a documented road closure (for more than 5 hours), you can document a vehicle break down, or (heaven forbid) a documented accident.

In the event of road closure you are reimbursed for travel expenses (meals, room, etc) incurred while you are delayed but not for the room you already had booked at your location and were unable to use.

There is no coverage at all for delayed travel due to unsafe conditions, such as delaying travel for one day to wait for safe road conditions.

However, I also spoke with member services who mentioned several times if we do need to cancel a night because of extreme weather to call and inform them and they will "see what they can do". The CM I spoke with was very kind and let me know that DVC may be able to return our points lost in a case of extreme weather
That was really nice of the CM.
heynowirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
tink_n_pooh

Yes it was very nice. I hope it was also true.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: