Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #751
Shallow Pockets
Can't wait to return

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
I just got a quote for 5 nights in a deluxe 2br wyndham BC from vacation strategy for 445! I want to book it right now but know i should not jump the gun...DH is like "are you sure it is not a scam" seems too good to be true

Anyone have any experiance with VS?
I have received several quotes from them, and your quote is inline with mine. I also thought this was some kind of scam, but only because I am used to paying Disney Resort prices. Although I have not gone yet, my cousins have used Vacation Strategies for several years here. They say they have had no problems at all.

Also, it appears many people on this site have discussed successfully using VS for their visits. Just read about the tricks on how to avoid the pushy time share pitches.
Shallow Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #752
disneyfireman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Are you certain you've booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek that we're discussing here? There's a Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.
The orlando bonnet creek has the same address as the wyndham bonnet creek. And the hilton is a totally different adress. I may call tomorrow and verify my ressie and see what i actually have.
disneyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #753
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
I'm trying to figure out the same thing! Got 2 quotes from owners on vrbo...1 was $1200 for 2 bedroom and the other was $860 for 2 bedroom (both were 2 bedroom deluxe and for the same week). Just got a Quote from VS for 2 bedroom...and only $625! Why the insane differences in cost??
Some renters don't shop around and don't care what they pay, they just grab the first deal they find. Maybe shopping and research is too much hard work for them.

Some owners may have a warped view of how much a rental should cost, or are trying to score big by striking a deal with a non-shopper.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #754
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

I'm honestly shocked at even the rate difference between VS and VU! VS quoted me $89/night and VU $120/night. I thought they virtually do the same thing? Shouldn't they both be able to get pretty comparable rates??

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #755
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
I'm honestly shocked at even the rate difference between VS and VU! VS quoted me $89/night and VU $120/night. I thought they virtually do the same thing? Shouldn't they both be able to get pretty comparable rates??
Not really. Part of what you are paying for is the customer service levels. VU seems to have a slightly higher level of customer service just from reports I've read around here before. (Examples.... VU charges the higher rate upfront which locks in your reservation, but if they can rebook at the 60 discount rate, They will pass that saving along to you in the rate you pay. Also, VU has been making a proactive attempt to contact the people who hold rental contracts with them at WBC after WBC announced (or it became known) the new $12 per day fee for non-owners and is refunding the $12 per day as they advertised as "No additional Fees"..... even though they had no advanced warning and this is something out of their control. In contrast, VS hasn't really contacted anybody from what I've seen letting them know about the new fee, and isn't really taking any action to negate the new resort fee with existing contract holders)

The other big difference between the 2 is their costs, based in part on the way they do their rentals. VU and Ken/Denise price are both Wyndham Owners who rent their own points. Therefore they have the costs incurred in aquiring those points and the monthly maintenance fees that must be paid.

VS is more of a broker. They basically pay owners a fee for the use of the points. They don't actually own the points themselves, so they don't have the initial purchase costs to deal with, or the monthly costs required in maintaining that ownership. I don't know what they pay the owners, but they in theory could very well be paying the owners less that what the maintenance fees on those points are. (IE... paying owners the rate of $4 per 1k points, while the MFs could easily run in the $5-6 per 1k range).

They are both reputable companies with many good reports from people here on the DIS, so I tend to suggest people compare the 2 on cost, as well as the other differences between the companies like Customer Service levels, and contract/policy/cancellation differences that might come into play. Ultimately the accommodations are the same, so the deciding factor could easily be who you are doing business with.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #756
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Also, another big difference between the quotes is just the way they price things.

VS seems to book with the expectation that they will be able to rebook at the 60day mark to utilize the VIP point discounts. As such, they price accordingly up front.

VU tends to book with the current pricing, but will attempt to rebook at the 60 day mark and will pass along any of the VIP discounts they can get at that point as your final payment isn't required until much closer to your trip.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #757
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

DC...you rock! Thanks so much for that awesome explanation! I will say though, although I have no idea about others who have gotten pricing from VS since the fee was announced, they did tell me upfront it was a possibility we would incur it. The sales rep I've been working with (Jeff) did tell me they have made multiple calls to WBC to find out exactly what that fee is for and if a client doesn't want to use their shuttle service will they still have to pay it. They have yet to get a definite answer. He also said MANY people...both owners and companies such as themselves...have complained about the new fee!

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #758
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Also, another big difference between the quotes is just the way they price things.

VS seems to book with the expectation that they will be able to rebook at the 60day mark to utilize the VIP point discounts. As such, they price accordingly up front.

VU tends to book with the current pricing, but will attempt to rebook at the 60 day mark and will pass along any of the VIP discounts they can get at that point as your final payment isn't required until much closer to your trip.
I got quotes from VS, VU, and Farrells for a one bedroom for ten nights and was also surprised at the price difference.

Vacation Strategies was the cheapest at a flat $89.60 per night. I had to pay a $150.00 deposit and the balance is not due until I recieve a confirmation in my name which should be 20-30 days prior to check in.

Vacation Upgrades said that my May trip fell between two booking seasons and the first seven nights would be $100.00 per night and last three nights $130.00 per night, since it would require two reservations to 'stitch it together'. He did say that at 35-60 days out, they would make a good faith effort to try to get the VIP pricing for the second reservation (last three nights), which would bring all the nights down to $100.00 per night. He did not say anything about trying to get a cheaper price for the first seven nights though. Even if he could get the VIP discounts the fee would still be higher than the definite quote I got with VS, so I went with VS. He said a deposit of 1/3 the total was due at booking and the balance would be due 30 days before check in.

Farrells Vacations was the most expensive at $129.00 per night. However, he said that he could get us either a one or a two bedroom for the same price.

Last edited by aubriee; 02-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #759
dsamama
Earning My Ears

Talking booked!

So i booked last night with VS (I figured winter storm Nemo heading our way was a good sign to book) and since the quote was so great I was able to convince DH to add an extra night at the begining of our trip! even with the 12 dollar fee included it comes out to just 106 per night so excited!
dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #760
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

We just booked with VS yesterday as well! SUPER customer service and great price too! I had spoken with a few other the other companies mentioned on this thread, which were good as well.... but VS had the best price and responded to my questions quickly via email and phone.
Super excited for our trip!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #761
dsamama
Earning My Ears

credit card compromised

Oh boy...so i booked with vs last night and payed the 150 deposit with my DH credit card.
well tonight my DH went to buy minecraft for my son online and it would not accept his card and said the card was disabled.
he called the credit card company and they said that there was susspicious activity. About an hour after i paid for my deposit a purchace was made at a hyatt regency in pennsylvania for like 7 bucks and then another at some place in georgia.
Now I am totally freaked out
atleast the credit card company caught it and disabled the card.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #762
dsamama
Earning My Ears

I just spoke to Fabian from VS and he was really apologetic but assured me we are safe with them if someone got the number it had to be an online hacker....that they don't even see the numbers we enter etc etc. hard not to trust the guy he sure sounds sincere. ugh. He told me our reservation is secure and even said if it makes us feel better when we get the invoice for the final payment we can send a check....then he laughed and said his boss will be mad at him for that . ugh...frustrating.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #763
vivianmarie244
Mouseketeer

I just got off the phone with Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The manager confirmed that if you are not an owner at Bonnet Creek (not just an owner with Wyndham) you will be charged the $12/day fee no matter if you use the shuttle service.
vivianmarie244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #764
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

We are trying the Bonnet Creek for the first time this late may/early june for 8 days. We have always been onsite people. A friend of a friend is letting us have a 3 bedroom for about $150. Is this a good price? It seems like a great deal to us. We usually stat at Riverside for a moderate and Grand Floridian for a deluxe but have never been to any value resort. Of course we have resort hopped around and would like to stay at several others for sure. We are WDW vets and even Disneyland VETS now. We are a family of five but are taking a friend of my oldest daughter so we need the room.

Will we have to pay parking?
Will we be subject to a hard sell for a time share?
Is $150 a good price for a 3 bedroom each night?

I've just started researching this thread and others as I find them. Thanks for the help.

Also the main reason for going is that my yougest kids are in high school band event at SeaWorld and Universal.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #765
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I wanted to know if WBC has a breakfast buffet @ the resort? & what restaurants are good. Sry, if this has been asked.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote