DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
slwprincess
Earning My Ears

Post Questions about buying direct vs resale

This is my first post so please bear with me. My mom is considering purchasing DVC membership. I knew that we needed to do some research on DVC resales before she made this investment. Needless to say, we were shocked at how much cheaper the resales are. So here's my questions...

1) So far, the main difference that I can see in buying resale vs direct is that she wouldn't be able to use points for DCL, Disney Adventures, and the Disney Paris/Tokyo resorts. But she would still be able to use it for the RCI properties. Is that correct?
2) From reading here, I see that most feel that using Disney points for the RCI properties is not as good of a deal as staying at the Disney resorts but even so, she would still like to have the option of using the points for non-Disney vacations in between our big family Disney trips. Basically, she's thinking she will use the points for a big Disney trip every 2-3 years but in between she will use some points for short trips to RCI destinations (she flies for free). Is this a good/bad idea? Why?
3) What about annual dues? Are those the same for resale owners as for direct?
4) Why would anyone buy direct when resale is so much more affordable? What am I missing?
5) Are there any pitfalls she should be aware of?
6) Any sites that you reccommend for searching DVC resales? We've looked at a couple just from a google search but wanted to see if one was better than another.
slwprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: