Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #571
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylasmomma
wow last AUg wasnt opened up til June 12th.. that makes me feel a little better because that is so late
Ha! Maybe you should just blame me for the March delay -- I was in the group waiting for those August 2012 dates to open, and now I'm in the March Waiting Group. (I probably shouldn't mention that I'm going to try for August 2013, too!)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #572
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsmith View Post
Ha! Maybe you should just blame me for the March delay -- I was in the group waiting for those August 2012 dates to open, and now I'm in the March Waiting Group. (I probably shouldn't mention that I'm going to try for August 2013, too!)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Lmao...on that's seriously funny right there

Hopefully it will be today so all us crazies can go away :D
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #573
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
While I agree there are definitely odd things going on this month are probably due to the system changes, I never put much stock into what CMs say in call centers. Anyone who hangs out on the boards know that CMs frequently don't have any real knowledge and give out misinformation. And those that are in the call centers aren't at Disney--many aren't even in Florida. They just make guesses; they aren't plugged-in in any way. They see only what is on their screen. Disney doesn't train the way it did a decade or two ago, and it is really showing more and more with each year. As old CMs leave, in addition to the lack of training, there is no passing off of information/skills on the practical level.
For our past two trips, we have used a travel agent (not the one that this website works with so I won't mention any names here) that specializes in Disney Florida trips, takes many trips there themselves for training, and told us the very same thing as you said, rt2dz! I totally believe this is true!

While I really get a kick out of planning all the elements of our trip - daily itineraries, meals, tours, etc. - I go through the TA to get any real information and for the actual bookings. They don't have any special priviliges as far as getting reservations any faster than we do, BUT I think they are MUCH more knowledgable about all the options than the folks answering the Disney phone lines - and they usually have some special benefits of their own.

On our last trip, I got a PIN in the mail offering a considerable discount, and called Disney to see if I could apply it to our existing reservation - the CM was clueless, and eventally said no. So I called our TA, and she dug through the miriad of Disney call center folks until she got someone who actually knew something, and the discount was applied!

The reservations we get using them are DISNEY reservations, with DISNEY confirmation numbers, so it shows up on the website, and can be changed and added to there. And there is no charge to us for their service...LOVE IT!

I will use these folks for all our future Dis trips!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #574
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
For our past two trips, we have used a travel agent (not the one that this website works with so I won't mention any names here) that specializes in Disney Florida trips, takes many trips there themselves for training, and told us the very same thing as you said, rt2dz! I totally believe this is true!

While I really get a kick out of planning all the elements of our trip - daily itineraries, meals, tours, etc. - I go through the TA to get any real information and for the actual bookings. They don't have any special priviliges as far as getting reservations any faster than we do, BUT I think they are MUCH more knowledgable about all the options than the folks answering the Disney phone lines - and they usually have some special benefits of their own.

On our last trip, I got a PIN in the mail offering a considerable discount, and called Disney to see if I could apply it to our existing reservation - the CM was clueless, and eventally said no. So I called our TA, and she dug through the miriad of Disney call center folks until she got someone who actually knew something, and the discount was applied!

The reservations we get using them are DISNEY reservations, with DISNEY confirmation numbers, so it shows up on the website, and can be changed and added to there. And there is no charge to us for their service...LOVE IT!

I will use these folks for all our future Dis trips!
this brings a question i have.. i have been having trouble "linking" up our ressies that our TA made for us onto my disney experience. It will find them but then never actually "apply" them is this because she made them??
Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #575
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylasmomma View Post
this brings a question i have.. i have been having trouble "linking" up our ressies that our TA made for us onto my disney experience. It will find them but then never actually "apply" them is this because she made them??
I can give some info that helped me when the change first happened.

When I tried to manually link the ressie it would find it but it would never stick. When I'd go back to my account it wouldn't be there. Then I noticed someplace that Disney recorded my phone number without dashes. It can find the ressie if I entered dashes but until I entered the number without dashes, it wouldn't stick. So, if you are searching for your ressie and entering the phone number as ###-###-#### try ########## and see if it works. If you are already trying it without dashes then I'm of no help at all. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #576
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
I can give some info that helped me when the change first happened.

When I tried to manually link the ressie it would find it but it would never stick. When I'd go back to my account it wouldn't be there. Then I noticed someplace that Disney recorded my phone number without dashes. It can find the ressie if I entered dashes but until I entered the number without dashes, it wouldn't stick. So, if you are searching for your ressie and entering the phone number as ###-###-#### try ########## and see if it works. If you are already trying it without dashes then I'm of no help at all. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is

yep this is EXACTLY what keeps happening i wil try the dashes thanks so much
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #577
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

I finally have some good Disney news!! No, not the dessert party but my photopass+ arrived today!!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #578
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy View Post
I finally have some good Disney news!! No, not the dessert party but my photopass+ arrived today!!
well that is good new... i still need to buy ours
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #579
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I just called. Reservations STILL not open for March

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #580
reddfrogg
Earning My Ears

Frustrating!!

This is driving me nuts!!!! Please...Please...Please....open March!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #581
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddfrogg View Post
This is driving me nuts!!!! Please...Please...Please....open March!!
I hear you
I feel like a Disney dessert stalker,I'm checking my email every 10 minutes at work just in case someone here posts when it opens.
Come on Disney OPEN March PLEASE!!!!!

Hugs Mel
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #582
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
I hear you
I feel like a Disney dessert stalker,I'm checking my email every 10 minutes at work just in case someone here posts when it opens.
Come on Disney OPEN March PLEASE!!!!!

Hugs Mel
So it would be cruel if I posted here?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #583
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

i have tried several times now and the thing doesnt even show up now Grrrr
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #584
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Just called - again. No luck. The CM actually took me by surprise and said, "I think I talked to you last night." I thought for a second she was serious!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #585
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy View Post
Just called - again. No luck. The CM actually took me by surprise and said, "I think I talked to you last night." I thought for a second she was serious!

i was getting excited thinking it was going to open because it was GONE for a good 30mins from my search then when it came back it went to aug, then july, june, may april...never to march and back to Feb
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tommorland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: