Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

aubriee, that's a great story.

We swam in the 60s and even 50s on our first trip. The concept of going to WDW/Universal for the first time, with those fun pools, and not going in was impossible for us! Well, DH managed to resist by the time we were at Universal and it was quite literally freezing in the mornings and evenings (the infamous December 2010 cold snap), but that meant he was able to help DS and me when we got out of the nice toasty pool and into the cold, cold air.

It's not even a question for us, of IF we will swim, basically. It's Florida, we're swimming, no matter what the temperature is.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
dalayney
Mouseketeer

We went in Febuary of 2005, and it was colder in Florida, then in Nebraska! Mornings were 40 degrees and a few days it didn't get past 50. We ended up buying a ton of thick hoodies from the parks and did alot of extra wash at the resort. (because we foolishly only bought one pair of jeans each!)

Still a great trip! We were just wearing the same few outfits in all the pictures.
dalayney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
Lauralaylin
Earning My Ears

We're also going this February. Does anyone know how cold it gets before they turn on the pool heaters?
Lauralaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralaylin View Post
We're also going this February. Does anyone know how cold it gets before they turn on the pool heaters?
The pools are always heated.

If you've ever been in a TRULY unheated pool, even in the heat of summer, you know that pools like that are heated. My brother lives in San Diego, and they keep the pool heated all year. He swims for exercise and keeps it lower, but bumps it up when we come (b/c we play instead of exercise). His wife won't even get into it until it's 90 degrees. Of course when it's that high he cannot exercise in it!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I was in the world last Feb. It would be pretty warm in the morning/afternoon. I guess like 60s or 70s. Once it became nighttime - it would start to get chilly. That did not stop us from still going into the pool!

You could wear ts and shorts during the day and will probably need sweatshirts for the night. When going to the world in the winter - you have to extra pack some stuff bc you never know what the weather might be.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I am trying to shop for some new outfits for the kids and wondering what the temps usually are at the end of February? Will we be able to swim? We are from the midwest so 60's and 70's will feel pretty darn good.

Thanks!
We were at WDW 11th - 25th Feb last year. First day, I was worried, there was frost on the ground and it was 32. Next day and for the next 13 days, it was 65-75. My wife is from MI, where anything above 50 is shorts weather! but it was pleasantly warm.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
We were at WDW 11th - 25th Feb last year. First day, I was worried, there was frost on the ground and it was 32. Next day and for the next 13 days, it was 65-75. My wife is from MI, where anything above 50 is shorts weather! but it was pleasantly warm.
We were there over roughly that same time that year.

The day we arrived, it was in the upper 50's but we went swmming anyway (had the pool and hot tub at CSR entirely to ourselves - I think the lifeguards, who were bundled up in jackets, hats, etc., thought we were nuts). Being in the water wasn't so bad, it's the getting out part.

The next morning, it was around 35 degrees when we left our room for an early morning breakfast at CRT. As we walked down Main Street to the castle, DS was crying because his hands were so cold. However, as the day progressed it warmed up into the mid 60's and, as noted above was in the 60's and 70's the rest of the trip.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Let me level with you-I was there in feb on 2011 and the weather sucked. Yeah the high might have been 68 but most the day it felt cold and I'm from Michigan! My wife and I both swore NEVER AGAIN- we were able to swim only one day and it was still a bit too cold to be enjoyable. Even if you get one day that's warm the rest will be hoodie and jacket weather. Standing around freezing during wishes or illuminations kinda ruins the experience!
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
trixie21
Earning My Ears

Feb trip

We leave in 3 days and I can't wait! The kids don't know yet so will be even more exciting that morning
The forecast shows weather low to mid 70's with lots of sun so that will feel warmer. Packing a lot of different layers just in case and bringing along laundry supplies just in case.
We are staying at Coronado Springs - 1st time in moderate with dining - yay
trixie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #25
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie21 View Post
We leave in 3 days and I can't wait! The kids don't know yet so will be even more exciting that morning
The forecast shows weather low to mid 70's with lots of sun so that will feel warmer. Packing a lot of different layers just in case and bringing along laundry supplies just in case.
We are staying at Coronado Springs - 1st time in moderate with dining - yay
I was at CSR for a week in 2010. How I envy you. Very quiet resort, usually you have the hugh! pool to yourself at night. Lovely quiet pools especially Rancheros 7B.
In two weeks I'm staying at POP, but secretly wished I could book at CSR, my favourite resort. It was my first mod too.
I think it's underated.

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: