Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2431
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
But wait, can you make changes to the dining plan if it's booked on BB offer? I'm still pretty sure you can and that's what I had been told when I made the reservation. I kept telling the lady "just remove the Dxddp portion and keep the free dining part."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
When you call back ask to talk to Guest Services the problem is most likely because tht BB promo is expired and a reg CM can not make the change
DznyCrzy...as Sheila posted, you can ask for GS, but the regular CMs should be able to handle it as well... we've done this very thing before, since we usually book a BB in August for next year FD....went from reg DP back to QS, was not a problem. The CM most likely didn't investigate a little further to know it can be done; call back today.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #2432
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

I'm so slow, I posted right after Jeanette made her post. I guess the PC didn't go through the window after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I just better get a lei at arrival or else!

So ended up canceling my Dr's Appt. again due to icy roads ...... Have I mentioned I hate winter?
So, definitely sticking with the Poly?! East coast has been hammered this winter! You guys have been getting our seasonal allotment of snow, too, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Miss, we love ya too!! Dork tech and all! P.S. Love the Code of Shame remark! Made me think of “UP”
I just saw this a little while ago and thought of Padawan's lil' fur-baby

Quote:
STOP my friend!! It’s perfect the way it is… do you need me to take over your ressie??
Save her, Janet! You are our only hope!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #2433
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
STOP my friend!! It’s perfect the way it is… do you need me to take over your ressie??
Yes...I already warned my TA no changes CL will NOT be worth it. I can buy snacks and such...there's 2 fridges (2 rooms) Mickey waffles trump CL cereal OK I've used trump way too much today...

New Breeism...she shorted Holy Macaroni to Holy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I'm so slow, I posted right after Jeanette made her post. I guess the PC didn't go through the window after all.

Janet has an edge she can call my DH ..then I'm done for
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2434
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

So I'm sitting here with two BBs booked and I'm pretty sure I won't use either of them. One is for F&W .... we've gone the last few years and it just seemed like a good idea but maybe not this year. The other is for a few days before our Granny trip but since it will probably be DH, DD and myself we'll probably stay in a timeshare just for the extra room.

Now when do I really want to go???? Early May for F&G .... since this is the first year that they are doing the food booths I think it will be fun! But DH and I are suppose to be going to San Diego for a week mid April so that seems like a bit much.

And if all my lovely RC ladies would make up their minds I might consider a quick little trip in August ....

What to do ..... what to do .....
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #2435
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314

When you call back ask to talk to Guest Services the problem is most likely because tht BB promo is expired and a reg CM can not make the change
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Yep and I call back usually getting a rockin' awesome CM...which erases the bad

Not yet...but I let out a loud Charlie Brown ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can you can!!!

Me too Maybe third time is the charm for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

DznyCrzy...as Sheila posted, you can ask for GS, but the regular CMs should be able to handle it as well... we've done this very thing before, since we usually book a BB in August for next year FD....went from reg DP back to QS, was not a problem. The CM most likely didn't investigate a little further to know it can be done; call back today.
Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #2436
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Yep and I call back usually getting a rockin' awesome CM...which erases the bad

Not yet...but I let out a loud Charlie Brown ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can you can!!!

Me too Maybe third time is the charm for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

OMG, lets try this again, lol!!!! It's so much easier using the disboards on an actual computer and not a cell phone!!!

Thank you ladies, I feel much better!!! I'll definitely be calling back tonight!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #2437
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Hi everyone!!! The change is official!!! We're doing a 4 night cruise, 9/1 - 9/5, and then a 4 night resort stay at the Poly, 9/5 - 9/9. Can't wait!!! We decided doing it this way since we wouldn't get the full $200 deposit back and DH was worried that the 7 night cruise would be too long for my first cruise. He was not too crazy about his first cruise but is willing to give it another try so we went with the shorter cruise.

On a side note, I must vent, hehe. I am not happy with Disney's call service reps! Ok, it started out Sunday when I called DCL to ask a few questions. She then asked which stateroom we were looking at, I told her catagory 07A which is the cheapest of the verandah views she tells me there are none available and if I wanted a verandah view the next cheapest is $500 more, and then asks if I want to go ahead and book. I told her no because when I looked online that morning it was still available, she then tells me their system is more up to date than what I can pull up, then offers to put the room the room on hold, I declined that as well because I did not believe her. So, that night I go to book, what did I get??? Catagory 07A, booked AND confirmed!!!! Now I just feel like she was trying to get me to spend an extra $500.
Now, on to the resort reservation. I called last night to change the dates to 9/5 - 9/9. I literally had to tell this woman the dates 3 times because their system kept messing up and she had to keep switching screens!!!!! So then our current reservation was with a BB offer for free dining, upgraded to Dxddp. When I originally made the reservation I was told I could remove the Dxddp if I decided I didn't want it, at the time I was torn between the two, but yesterday I was told no changes can be made to it.....what???? Has anyone else had experiences with that? Mind you, this ended up being a 35 minute total call so I was quite irritated by the time I got off the phone!!!
Now here's the kicker....the Disney website has our new reservation correct but the confirmation is now showing 8/31 - 9/9!!!!!! Why can't they get anything right????? Needless to say the excitement has been over taken by frustration, for now at least!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
I'm sorry you had so much trouble. The areas Disney is lacking in most are their call center CMs, and there technology (website and apps). I still can't get the app to link my ressie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Sounds like your heart may be set at WL

Good luck today!!!
I do really love the WL.

Quote:
Good morning all of you crazy ladies.

We've finally got SNOW -- just in the past 4-5 days. Nothing before that. Very strange winters we've been having.
They really have been. I think the latest in the year we've had snow is Valentine's Day.

Quote:
Ah, you know... I think it's because I got it off of Google Play. Kindle only accesses the Amazon App store, right?
Yeah, they are all from Amazon. Maybe that's the difference?

Quote:
Morin' Peeps!! Trying to play catch up....

Wookie, hope you can come to a happy resolution of the AOA/WL dilemnia... my first thought would be AOA for the extra room, you and DH have your separate bedroom... can you make an ADR or two at WL? I also think one PC room is not a good fit for the 4 of you…just not big enough. I think your heart lies with WL … how about the FW Cabins?? It would give you extra room and is in the similar setting as the Lodge.. or it is you that prefers not to stay there? If you are looking to cut some $$, have you considered scaling back to the Regular DP? In the September heat & humidity, you may find yourself not as hungry as you normally might be and 2 TS meals a day can be a lot. We go in August, and it’s just enough for us to get in one TS on the regular DP. Just a thought.

I do really love the WL. I thought about the cabins, but the bed in the bedroom is just a double, and I would really rather have a Queen. If you stay at a Deluxe resort during FD, do you get the basic DDP. If so, then I would be willing to give up the DlxDDP for it. I usually don't like to do TSs. I hate waiting in long lines behind people who don't even look at the menu to figure out what they want to eat until they get to the register with their 3+ children. I hate trying to find a table and then feeling rushed to get done eating and give up the table because people are dealing with their children, while balancing food and giving us the death stare of, "your done eating, so give us the table". Which is the main reason for the DlxDDP upgrade. Well, it also means we can get at Le Cellier and CRT. I can make the risotto at home, so it won't be the end of the world if we miss Le Cellier this trip. I'll just have to figure out which is more important.

Quote:

That is so cute!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #2438
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOVE it!!

Quote:
Maybe I will, Lois. Maybe I will .. Pas is Superwoman though....guess I need some Herculean strength!

Quote:
Yes...I already warned my TA no changes CL will NOT be worth it. I can buy snacks and such...there's 2 fridges (2 rooms) Mickey waffles trump CL cereal OK I've used trump way too much today...
Keep repeating this Pas, this will be your mantra....

Quote:
Janet has an edge she can call my DH ..then I'm done for

Quote:
New Breeism...she shorted Holy Macaroni to Holy Mac
LOVE IT!!! the new Bree-ism of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So I'm sitting here with two BBs booked and I'm pretty sure I won't use either of them. One is for F&W .... we've gone the last few years and it just seemed like a good idea but maybe not this year. The other is for a few days before our Granny trip but since it will probably be DH, DD and myself we'll probably stay in a timeshare just for the extra room.

Now when do I really want to go???? Early May for F&G .... since this is the first year that they are doing the food booths I think it will be fun! But DH and I are suppose to be going to San Diego for a week mid April so that seems like a bit much.
Too much for you?? Don't think so for this jet-setting Mama!! Why don't you fly from San Diego to MCO??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
And if all my lovely RC ladies would make up their minds I might consider a quick little trip in August ....

What to do ..... what to do .....
GG, wish I knew about August too.... Sam's leaning to not joining Marching band right now... but that is the flavor of the day! Sooo, we sit and wait for the princess to decide 100%....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #2439
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

WOW! Flights are really cheap from San Diego to Orlando. Just another of the many reasons I should be living in San Diego!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #2440
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Hello lovely ladies. I need to catch up. In at work right now, and after work I am taking the kids to dinner as per Danimal's request.

Last night it was decided my dad wants to join us on the cruise. What? So now I have to rework the budget. I think our WDW stay post cruise will be shortened. I will play with numbers tonight and see what I can do. I desperately need a new bag so I'm working that into the budget as well. It would be much easier if my parents could contribute to the vacation, at least cover their airfare or something. Oh well, have to do what I have to do I suppose.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #2441
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Melissa- good news about the meds

JanetB- yes, he made wind ensemble he got a 92 an the midterm playing assessment!!

Sheila- where in CT are you? We are Southern Litchfield county and there was no ice this am
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #2442
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies,
Trying to back read and catch up. I totally hear ya about not saying too much about upcoming vacations. Sometimes we mention, sometimes we don't. I don't know why some non disney fans are so vocal with their opinions... Go figure!

It's sunny today, snow later. Of course.

Missout-Looks like you're getting snow. We've made it to Feb, spring is around the corner.

Padawans-Thanks for the tip about paying off room only online.

Jenny-Glad everyone is feeling better!

Janet-Crazy Disney IT. Will they ever get it right? I sorta picture the entire team as 3 guys in some apartment in Orlando. Work awhile, order pizza, repeat.

Pumba-We haven't tried Tutto yet, need to. Nice to hear your thoughts. We are big fans of LeCellier, too.

babyberger-Great news about the meds. That will make visiting the parks so much easier.

I heart-Hope things went well with at the Dr's.

DznyCrzy11-Your cruise followed by poly plans sound fabulous!

Wookie- I use the android dis app. And your new case is very cute!

GG-Trip pondering is always fun! What to do, what to do...

Pas-Your trip plans do sound perfect, just as they are!

jaceraden-Welcome! We are big fans of the Epcot resorts, but also love POFQ. We go back and forth on similar decisions.

Dani- Hope you have a nice dinner!

Well, I gotta get the bathrooms done. Wish they were self cleaning.
Have a great day RC friends!

Last edited by gwynne; 02-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #2443
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

So, I just got a text from my son in college complaining about the price of razor blades !
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #2444
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
So, I just got a text from my son in college complaining about the price of razor blades !
Too funny! It's a new world, isn't it, when they are doing the shopping.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #2445
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I get hopelessly behind in posting here nowadays and I'm afraid to just post and run without the multi-quoting madness this great thread deserves. But I'm lurking often and enjoying everyone's changes both real and imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Just in case anyone did not see it, KOOK mentioned a possible RC over on my TR So shall we place bets on whether she can stay booked at FWC?????

Are you telling on me?

I love your thread because all us special needs RCs (as in, we have, umm special resort booking needs,) can post there and feel right at home and I haven't gotten behind yet

Quote:
Heather That is a very common RC dilemna....last year I started at GF and stayed at Pop...this year Poly...so far...but who knows...it's 8 months away

Uh oh...time to find kookalicious
I'm still booked in those woods at the far end of Bay Lake. I'm looking past Discovery Island at this:

I don't know what came over me. My mind was SET on FWC and still sort of is. I've always wanted to try it, but Our Dear Jungle Cruiser Sarah keeps telling me, as she always did, that I just wouldn't be happy there. But, DD and DH LOVE CR and it's a known entity and they're happy to move - or not. UGH.

FWC is the pragmatic choice given the additional spring break overcharge and DH and I have our own room (albeit a double bed and bunks). I love FW, but maybe not so much staying there? And then there's my little issue with not having a gym there... DH and DD have given up on me and have left it up to me. DH keeps asking if I've changed yet. I'm thinking out loud, aren't I?

WWY(all)D?

Quote:

HI-larious, MPC! . The KOOK family will love it
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: