Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been able to go around the new system and get back to the old My Reservations page via the customized map link. I've made four, maybe five, payments that way so far.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #17
justgeorgi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK27 View Post
I go back to the old website, still. The My Disney Experience drop down lists an option to Buy Customized Maps, which will send you back.
THANK YOU FOR THE TIP!

I was able to book my daughters 21st birthday trip in August but when I went back in to book my trip for food and wine festival in October it wouldn't let me do it. Kept saying my card was declined.

Actually the only way the card went through was when I changed my daughter to the primary guest (I was using her card to make the deposit on the package.) Maybe its a computer glitch that primary guest name must match credit card name????
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgeorgi View Post
THANK YOU FOR THE TIP!

I was able to book my daughters 21st birthday trip in August but when I went back in to book my trip for food and wine festival in October it wouldn't let me do it. Kept saying my card was declined.

Actually the only way the card went through was when I changed my daughter to the primary guest (I was using her card to make the deposit on the package.) Maybe its a computer glitch that primary guest name must match credit card name????
I booked our daughter and her husband's trip in my daughter name but have made several payments on their package using my credit card (it's part of their Christmas gift).

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgeorgi

THANK YOU FOR THE TIP!

It shouldnt. They can change the billing info of the card seperately.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
bigmochick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
I've been able to go around the new system and get back to the old My Reservations page via the customized map link. I've made four, maybe five, payments that way so far.
Did you use gift cards? I got back to my old reservation page but it wouldn't accept my gift cards.
bigmochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #21
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmochick View Post
Did you use gift cards? I got back to my old reservation page but it wouldn't accept my gift cards.
No, I didn't use gift cards. I used my debit card. Is there a gift card option in the drop down box? I've never noticed.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #22
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You made me curious so I went to the Disney site to see about the paying with a gift card option. It's definitely there. Are you making a payment of at least $20.00? I know that's a minimum payment. If not, then I have no clue.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
bigmochick
Mouseketeer

Quote:

No, I didn't use gift cards. I used my debit card. Is there a gift card option in the drop down box? I've never noticed.
Yes, I got to the where you can make a partial payment and entered my card numbers but it took me to a screen & said to call their toll free number. I left feedback for their new website. I would rather call & change it to a room only than read 40+ gift cards over the phone. :/
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
bigmochick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You made me curious so I went to the Disney site to see about the paying with a gift card option. It's definitely there. Are you making a payment of at least $20.00? I know that's a minimum payment. If not, then I have no clue.
Have unused $50 gift cards. From same batch I bought & read to the operator for my room only ressie. Doing a hopper stay with the first 5 days on a package, the last 3 room only.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Yep, this is definitely frustrating! Was able to make one payment by going through customized maps to get to the old site. I used a gift card, but on the confirmation screen (once the payment went through) it shows that I made the payment with my Visa which I did NOT! And it also shows my Visa as the card on file which it is NOT...I had a Discover on our file. We used our Disney Visa to get the spring discount so had to pay $200 with that, but that's ALL we wanted to use it for!

And then it wouldn't let me make another payment when I went back in to do another partial with a gift card...

So it looks like this was just more of a hassle for me b/c now I need to call to confirm that they did not use my actual Visa for this recent payment and also to pay with my other gift card.

Seriously, you think they would make it easier to take our money...this is ridiculous that they don't have an accurate and functioning online payment system set up!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

websight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
mickeystoontown Thank you! i don't like the new sight,after reading your post i was able to get my complte ressie and print it. again thanks
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
mickeystoontown Thank you! i don't like the new sight,after reading your post i was able to get my complte ressie and print it. again thanks
You're welcome! I'm not a big fan of the new website and it's mostly because you can't see your reservations and all of the details unless you go the round-about way like I described above. Maybe I'll like it better once they get the kinks worked out.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #28
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

I have to say, when I finally got through, I've NEVER been so happy to give somebody my money!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #29
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the tip! I went directly to customizedmaps (dot) disney (dot) go (dot) com and it let me get right to the online payment when I clicked on my reservations!

Now if I could only figure out how to add my celebrations online like we used to be able to!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!

Does anyone know if its possible to make online payments to a reservation booked on the phone? I've already linked the reservation to my online Disney account, but I don't see any links to apply payments. I have gift cards to apply, and I was hoping to save some poor CM from putting them in over the phone or at the front desk when I arrive.

Thanks!

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: