Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Experiences with going End of Sept-early Oct?

So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?
We went the middle of October. It was nice! We had beautiful warm weather. The crowds were good -- compared to what they can be.
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

I'm interested in hearing these answers as well...we will be there for the last half of September. I keep hearing stories of the heat/humidity/rain and I'm ready to hear that it's going to be fine!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

We went the last week in September about 3 years ago. The weather was good - still hot and you get a daily rain shower, however the crowd levels were down. The love bugs are out and are annoying, but other than that we had a great time.

The last time we went was the first week in September - still hot and crowd levels were even less. And no love bugs....
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

We've gone in Oct many times.

This past Oct is was super hot and humid. Then years ago it was record breaking lows. It was so cold we had to go shopping for clothes.

For the most part we love to go that time of year.

The love bugs are usually gone by then. If you go end of Sept, they may still be around.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaRN
We've gone in Oct many times.

This past Oct is was super hot and humid. Then years ago it was record breaking lows. It was so cold we had to go shopping for clothes.

For the most part we love to go that time of year.

The love bugs are usually gone by then. If you go end of Sept, they may still be around.
Omg I've never heard of love bugs and just googled. Ick!

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
Srbright
Mouseketeer

We went last year during the second week of September and this year we are going during the third week.

Yes it is hot. It is not as hot as June/July/August bit still mid 80's to 90. And its humid but reasonable. It rained almost every afternoon but 10 minutes after everything was dry and fine. We didn't have umbrellas or ponchos as it took less than 10 mins to dry. That's a good gauge of humidity is how long it takes you to dry.

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

We went during that time frame a couple of years ago. The crowds were great! We loved that part but it SO hot and humid!! It was miserable a couple of days.

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalc12345
We went during that time frame a couple of years ago. The crowds were great! We loved that part but it SO hot and humid!! It was miserable a couple of days.
Same here. We won't do it again.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

We went the last week of september and will be going again next september. We had a great time. We spent the mornings in the park with our 2.5 year old, then when it started to get really hot we just went back to the pool and then napped. The hottest part of the day my guy spent napping, so the heat wasn't a factor for us. We loved the lower crowds and never waited more than five minutes for anything. The crowds are so low that almost every time we would get a fast pass in the magic kingdom, a surprise fast pass for dumbo was spit out too. My little guy was in heaven.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
mm1971
DIS Veteran

The weather can still be hot and humid, but most likely not as hot as June. Crowds are definitely lower and should make it easier to get what you want to do completed. We love that time of year. Some mention the love bugs, but honestly they are not as bad as some post. We have been in the fall 6 times and see a few here and there, but never what we have seen posted. Is it possible to see a swarm of them, yes, but we have never seen them in large numbers.

Low crowds and nice weather sounds good anytime you are in Disney. If you get a few REALLY hot days, hit the water parks. Adding the option to your tickets is pretty inexpensive. Have a good trip!

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Jake&IzzyLand
Mouseketeer

We went at the end of Sept. in 2011. As for the weather, it was very HOT and very HUMID. I cannot imagine what July and August feel like. It only rained on us one day, so that was a plus.

As far as crowds go, it was busy. We were able to accomplish what we wanted to, but it took some planning.
Jake&IzzyLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
Same here. We won't do it again.
Yep, that is the same thing we said...never again!

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
sparty7798
Mouseketeer

We were there a couple years of go at the end of September and we loved it. It is hot but nothing like the summer. We are from Georgia so I know "hot." The summer is the most miserable experience ever! However, we did not mind it. We had a great time and the crowds are very low at that time.

We are going to go again this September at the same time!
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2012
Pop Century-September 2013
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2015
sparty7798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
It can be still hot and humid during that time. We usually go sometime between the week after Labor Day and mid October. As you get closer to Halloween, the crowds get a little heavier due to the Halloween party at MK. Tour groups from Brazil can be in full force in late Sept. Our last trip (9/12) there were four different tour groups at our resort.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: