Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #16
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Oh dear I hope they don't phase the free dining plan offer out! We're hoping to book for October 2014 if/when the offers come out.
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I'm code watching with you for October. Hoping for a room discount rather than FD, although I'm not fussy
Let me know if you see anything

We've had a couple of PINs recently aswell but not for the right dates.

We went late 2009 booked three months out with the US free dining offer - will see what comes along.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #18
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I have also been wondering for a long time.

But I bit the bullet 2 days ago and booked for october.
upgraded to DDP for £672 (still a bargain compared to OOP) for 21 days

If I booked, it's because I don't think the deal is coming back this year

1st, you get less and less with those deals : gift card is reduced to $100, DDP is scaled down to QSDP.

2nd, it seems that most guests report an increase in attendance (for us, october regulars, it seemed obvious last year, and we even wondered if the "secret" was out ...). It looks like Disney has rebuilt a momentum where it may no longer needed to offer large discounts especially during the last stretch before the 2014 season where the final stage of new fantasyland will have the resort packed.

3rd, this year was the first time that QSDP was offered with virtually no date restrictions. It was offered for the entire year up until Dec. 8th.
The US site will have deals in the weeks to come. So there is little chance that we get another shot at a free dining deal in 2013

When I booked 2 days ago, there were no standard room left at POR, only preferred or water view.
There were standard rooms available a few days before.

So it seems they have almost sold out the rooms that were alloted to the offer. They will sell more on the US site in the weeks to come (no reason to believe we get deals and the americans don't)

The mere nature of this years offer on the WDTC-UK site leads me to believe that this is it for this year.

We might see late booking offers like there were in 2012, with 30% off on accomodation, but free dining ? ... I doubt it
Glad you are feeling better ahnd are booked again. We are hoping for October - will have to have another DISmeet.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #19
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you are feeling better ahnd are booked again. We are hoping for October - will have to have another DISmeet.
Thank you.
We're going October 18th - November 11th
3 nights undetermined resort (on or offsite) and 21 nights POR
we intend on doing MNSSHPs and MVMCP this time

we need to convince Wayne and Rachelanne to book too

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Let me know if you see anything

We've had a couple of PINs recently aswell but not for the right dates.

We went late 2009 booked three months out with the US free dining offer - will see what comes along.
I'll certainly let you know. Which part of October are you looking at? I've subscribed to the October code watch thread (just to make me feel like I'm doing something while I'm waiting ) Aside from that it's just a case of checking and running quotes daily on the US site (via the Spanish site lol) I'm looking at late October. I can be flexible on dates to a point, as long as I am there to cover the dates from 20th 24th.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
I'm not convinced they are getting rid of it just yet.

It is normal for the late offers (deals for the current year) to offer less, which is why I always rush to book as soon as I can. In a couple of months or so we are going to see the offers released for 2014 and we will then have a better idea. As a previous poster mentioned, your best deals are the first deals.

I hope you are right Lee. I know what you and PP mean about booking early, our last trip in Nov 2012 was booked in April 2011. Booking so early meant we got the free DDP and a gift card (can't remember if it was $300 or $200 ) As we'd ideally like to go back Sept/Oct 2014 I'll be keeping a close watch on any announcements coming over the next couple of months
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #22
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

The general trend in recent years has been the earlier you book, the better the deal. I don't anticipate that changing but then again, if we could all work out exactly what Disney were going to do with their WDW deals, we'd all be maximizing their discounts and offers!

To answer your question about a new deal after today's deal ends...

My guess is that the deals for 2013 will be minimal, if anything. My guess would be they will still have the 14 for 7 on the tickets (that seems to be a year round offer from what I can tell) but the free dining or the gift card will disappear if not both.

The reason for this is the in about 8 weeks, they'll be releasing the 2014 deals and the offers will be transferred to 2014 travellers. That, coupled with the fact that they've already run a couple of rounds of free dining and gift cards, would suggest that 2013 deals will be no more.

This, of course, is my opinion based on previous experience and I could be wrong. We booked in June last year for October this year and got the reduced SSR, free regular dining, $200 gift card and 14 for 7 tickets. In April, I'll be eagerly awaiting the 2014 deals and I'll book for 2014 with the best deal possible.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll certainly let you know. Which part of October are you looking at? I've subscribed to the October code watch thread (just to make me feel like I'm doing something while I'm waiting ) Aside from that it's just a case of checking and running quotes daily on the US site (via the Spanish site lol) I'm looking at late October. I can be flexible on dates to a point, as long as I am there to cover the dates from 20th 24th.
19th Oct to 2nd Nov hopefully - nothing booked yet though.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
2Tiggies

Quote:
19th Oct to 2nd Nov hopefully - nothing booked yet though.
Well our hoped for departure dates are the same so at least we're in sync for a search there
Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies

I'm code watching with you for October. Hoping for a room discount rather than FD, although I'm not fussy
We would like may 2014 if any deal for free DDP comes up then ill book, even though we have no idea what country we will be living in lol!

At least if we end up stateside Disney will let you move around your dates so we can start to pay the holiday off at least.

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #26
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
I hope you are right Lee.
Me too - I hate being wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
We would like may 2014 if any deal for free DDP comes up then ill book, even though we have no idea what country we will be living in lol!

At least if we end up stateside Disney will let you move around your dates so we can start to pay the holiday off at least.
You can't help if you move after you've booked so if you see a good deal and are happy to go with it, then do it

When are you likely to find out where and when you'll be moving? Or do they drop an 11th hour notice bombshell on you?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #27
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_<3 View Post
Oh dear I hope they don't phase the free dining plan offer out! We're hoping to book for October 2014 if/when the offers come out.
Us too

I know Virgin have released next years prices, just hoping something comes out in April as usual. If not will have to look at the budget.

If only the QSDP is free, then will have to work out if its worth upgrading to DDP or paying for the extras OOP-usually we eat at loads of table service.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

I've just priced up a package with VH for Oct 2014 and compared it to our Oct 2012 trip and it's only £150 more expensive and thats with no offers i.e paying for full 14 day tix rather than getting the 14 day for the price of 7 day tix.

TBH I'm really shocked as I thought it would be so much more expensive and now I'm really quite optimistic Now all I need is for those offers to come out i.e free DDP pleeeaaaassssee and I will be one very happy bunny
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
EpicKevin
Rafiki's Main Mandrill

Well... we're all booked up now. We took the plunge. See my shiny new ticker for details! haha

Thanks all for your input though.
2013 - OKW (with my Wife, my Mum, my Sister and my Brother-in-Law)

One day we might have kids and take them as well!
EpicKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #30
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies

Me too - I hate being wrong

You can't help if you move after you've booked so if you see a good deal and are happy to go with it, then do it

When are you likely to find out where and when you'll be moving? Or do they drop an 11th hour notice bombshell on you?
We are hoping to find out in march, thing Is as we have done our 3years where we are now,they could turn around and say your needed in so & so lol.
We have to apply for a posting we would like then wait to here, we have held out for an over seas posting as DH has been in just over 10 years and would like something different.... Only problem is they keep changing the operations date lol we should have known in December if we got Las Vegas or Virginia BUT they shifted the apply date to march! If we get it we move late August, now we just heard today that the Las Vegas posting opening date has been pushed back again

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: