Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #31
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
I was walking to the food court at ASMu and an armadillo walked out the bushes 2 feet in front of me & moseyed across to the bushes on the other side. It was cool!
This happened to me at All Star Sports typical it was the only time i didn't have my camera
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #32
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

I am totally freaked out and pretty paranoid now..

This thread is just like watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I know it's not good for me, nothing sane will come out of it, I need to stop NOW!

Yet, here I am ....again!
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #33
kapoof
DIS Veteran

We saw a HUGE palmetto bug in one of the viewing areas at akl. It was just about sunrise, we went out to see some animals, when I saw it on a ledge. I levitated back out of the area. I know it was technically outside but still!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #34
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

i worked there many moons ago...i saw snakes everyday! they are harmless! it took me a while to get use to them as well!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #35
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon View Post
A few years ago, a DIS-er recounted how her young son was bitten by a snake I believe at CBR. He was deathly ill and hospitalized for quite a while.
it was a water moccasin
offsite'71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,C R'03,WL'04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05 ,YC'06,PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #36
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
I am totally freaked out and pretty paranoid now..

This thread is just like watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I know it's not good for me, nothing sane will come out of it, I need to stop NOW!

Yet, here I am ....again!
I"m right there with you. Im bordering on panicing just reading this thread and yet I keep coming back

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

the real thing to do is ...OBSERVE..watch where you walk, watch where you swim and watch where you put your hands...

I am wicked more observant then I ever was before...

and my hubby wants to go to Florida for a few months next year...YAH RIGHT...I am a Mainer and I dont do bugs well..

Just look before you leap as the old saying goes.

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #38
ibrokeitmommy
Mouseketeer

This thread is killing me. If there was a snake swimming with me in the pool I'm sure I'd die. I should not have opened this thread at all!
ibrokeitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #39
prplgiraffe89
Earning My Ears

I've seen a couple snakes, deer, and tons of lizards, but never an armadillo at Disney World! That would be cool as I've only ever seen one once before. However when we were staying at AKL and I was watching all the animals from our balcony, I looked down to see a HUGE cockroach (or palmetto bug as I don't know the difference but it was at least 4 inches long) right between my feet. I made some sort of screech and ran back inside and slammed the sliding door closed and locked it haha. My husband looked at me like I was crazy until I showed him what was on our balcony outside!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #40
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbonnie38 View Post
just watched this on youtube before I read this thread and was loling! apparently this little guy has some souvenir shopping to do!

copy and paste link to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KXbL6jEqMc
I just watched the video and we were there when that happened. I even spotted one of the people in my group in the video. I posted quite a few pictures on the new snake in the room thread.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #41
Plutoroo
Earning My Ears

I have been to WDW many, many times over the years and have seen 4 snakes total, which I guess are good odds.
A 2 foot or so black racer slithered out right in front of me as I was running beside the Calypso bldg at ASM. I jumped over it and kept on running! It continued to slither into the bushes by the main pool.
During another visit to ASM, a smaller black racer slithered out on the sidewalk near the piano pool. I watched it slither back into the bushes.
I saw a small garter snake on the side of the walkway leading out of the Oasis at AK.
Yet another visit, a small snake slithered across the sidewalk in fron of me at Typhoon Lagoon.
I always get a room on an upper floor, even though black racers are great climbers... It makes me feel like the chances of one getting into my room (possibly by a Mousekeeper propping the door open) are less. I'm paranoid that way. I'm careful of my surroundings, especially of bushes and by the lakes.
At any rate, WDW continues to be my fav place, in spite of any snakes!
Art of Animation 1x
Port Orleans Riverside 4x
Port Orleans French Quarter 4x
Caribbean Beach 2x
Coronado Springs 1x
Animal Kingdom Lodge 4x
Saratoga Springs 3x
Plutoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #42
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
We saw a HUGE palmetto bug in one of the viewing areas at akl. It was just about sunrise, we went out to see some animals, when I saw it on a ledge. I levitated back out of the area. I know it was technically outside but still!
Those things are worse than cockroaches imo. They are bigger AND they fly!
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #43
StephMS
Earning My Ears

We've only seen snakes at 2 Disney Resorts. The Caribbean Beach and the Yacht Club. At CBR, we only saw 1. It was curled up by the stairs when we were returning from the parks one night. We called the front desk and by the time someone came, it had disappeared.

At the YC, we actually saw 3. But it was in the same place every time, so it may have been the same one. We had a balcony overlooking the marina and on 3 separate occasions while sitting on the balcony we saw a snake come up over the decking and slither into the bushes. Our sons would sit on the balcony and warn people walking below. All 3 times someone came looking, but only once did they actually see the snake and it managed to get away from them and back into the water.

We have lots of snakes at home, too so we are used to looking for them when walking and know what kinds of areas to avoid...but I still don't like them and don't want to see them!!!
StephMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #44
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgeisler View Post
Those things are worse than cockroaches imo. They are bigger AND they fly!
it that thing took flight I would have fainted.

I live near in Chicago and never really complain anymore about our freezing winters...I think the deep freeze kills some of the bugs.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #45
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplgiraffe89 View Post
...However when we were staying at AKL and I was watching all the animals from our balcony, I looked down to see a HUGE cockroach (or palmetto bug as I don't know the difference but it was at least 4 inches long) right between my feet. I made some sort of screech and ran back inside and slammed the sliding door closed and locked it haha. My husband looked at me like I was crazy until I showed him what was on our balcony outside!
Yeah. it's Florida and hot and humid. So you get all sorts of water bugs. Don't care much for them, but they survived the Ice Age.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: