Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #3451
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Thanks I was trying to stay on top of those inquiries. They have just been swamped over there but not to worry plenty of magic is still available lol. Been busy myself.
Sounds like you guys do an amazing job of making families have a magical time! I'm getting so excited, we will be there this Saturday and my husbands knee is so much better! We thought we were going to have to rent a scooter when he couldn't walk, but now he is doing much better, I will just have to be the Fastpass runner instead of him! I appreciate all you have done venom hatch and Andre! Those plans for the buildings and rooms, recreation schedules and PMs were most helpful! I can't wait to explore the resort!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #3452
amandam32
Earning My Ears

This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant So although I think the resort is fab and the room is very pretty I really don't get why I got a confirmation email saying he placed me near it when I am not at all. Strange!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #3453
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandam32 View Post
This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant So although I think the resort is fab and the room is very pretty I really don't get why I got a confirmation email saying he placed me near it when I am not at all. Strange!
Hmm you can always inquire about moving rooms we do it all the time if something wasn't available at the time of check in except that one. I am sorry you were placed there, but go up to the CMs in Guest Services and either ask to speak to Mr. Elg, he is in charge of room assignments there at POR so he should be able to help you.

Once again I apologize. You did mention you were pregnant in the fax?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #3454
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Jumping on this board for the first time! I see a lot of recent posters are from Mass and I from Central Mass. I am trying to make it though the 230+ pages of this thread, hopefully I will get done before we leave on March 2nd!

This is my DD's(7) 9th trip, but her first stay on property! We are (only- sniff, sniff) booked for 2 nights before we move to the Marriott Grande Vista and plan on surprising DD with a Royal Room (std view.) I hope that DH loves on-property so much that this will be the first of many stays! We were originally booked in AoA-Little Mermaid and switched when the Visa promotion came out. DD was so bummed when I changed the Little Mermaid room, but I know she is going to LOVE the Royal Room and keep telling her that she will love POR more! Every time she sees a picture online of the Royal room she asks if we can stay there!

I am going to try to fax a request for a view upgrade- thank you for all the advice! I know it is just a 'request' but Pixie Dust found its way to her in the past!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #3455
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

We are doing 3 nights resort only in a preferred room for 2A 3K in August. I had my TA request building 14 or 15 since they are the closest to the main building. Is it better to be on the 1st floor or the 2nd floor? (Stairs are not a problem for us.)
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #3456
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
Jumping on this board for the first time! I see a lot of recent posters are from Mass and I from Central Mass. I am trying to make it though the 230+ pages of this thread, hopefully I will get done before we leave on March 2nd!

This is my DD's(7) 9th trip, but her first stay on property! We are (only- sniff, sniff) booked for 2 nights before we move to the Marriott Grande Vista and plan on surprising DD with a Royal Room (std view.) I hope that DH loves on-property so much that this will be the first of many stays! We were originally booked in AoA-Little Mermaid and switched when the Visa promotion came out. DD was so bummed when I changed the Little Mermaid room, but I know she is going to LOVE the Royal Room and keep telling her that she will love POR more! Every time she sees a picture online of the Royal room she asks if we can stay there!

I am going to try to fax a request for a view upgrade- thank you for all the advice! I know it is just a 'request' but Pixie Dust found its way to her in the past!
Oh I am sorry if you think this template is to get free upgrades, because its not. It is just a fax to help with getting close to an area you want to be in. People just happen to get some upgrades, but this is not assuring you will get an upgrade and it is not a promise you will get your request after al they are just that, requests. But Disney is a very magical place and you may just get a little pixie dust sprinkled your way!

Hope you have a very magical visit!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #3457
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch'sCousin View Post
We are doing 3 nights resort only in a preferred room for 2A 3K in August. I had my TA request building 14 or 15 since they are the closest to the main building. Is it better to be on the 1st floor or the 2nd floor? (Stairs are not a problem for us.)
What do you mean by "better" though? Ground floor is easier to access quickly, whereas upper floor is a bit more walking back and forth to get to/from the stairways. However sometimes upper floor views are nicer, and of course there's no danger of having heavy-footed children in the room above. Personally I would suggest requesting a garden/bayou view rather than parking lot view first, then maybe an upper floor room if that appeals to you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #3458
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandam32 View Post
This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant
As Venom has said, have a word with the front desk and ask to speak to the manager of the room assignment team to see if you can be moved (the resort staff will help you move your bags). You could also try replying to the email that you were sent, assuming you have access to it using whatever equipment you have with you.

I wonder if there's any way they might have misunderstood which bridge you were asking to be located close to? Some people want easy access for POFQ, which is nearer to another bridge. Just a stab in the dark anyway, and I hope you get sorted out soon.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #3459
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if buildings 26,27, or 38 are relatively quiet? Trying to plan out my request strategy.
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #3460
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbloom View Post
Can anyone tell me if buildings 26,27, or 38 are relatively quiet? Trying to plan out my request strategy.
The whole resort is relatively quiet to be honest (especially when compared to the value resorts). Of those three, I'd say 26 is probably the quietest, as basically the further out from the main areas you go, the quieter it gets in terms of foot traffic.

Andre

Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #3461
desertbloom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help! I agree, the resort is definitely a lot quieter than the Value's. I consider the value resorts to be hell on earth, personally.
2001 All Star Music
2004 Pop Century
2007 CBR
2008 Wilderness Lodge
2011 CBR
2012 POR Mansions
2013 POR Alligator Bayou

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #3462
WDW1979

[QUOTE=alicia080979;47410311]We definitely do not want to be in the AB section so now I'm not sure what to do. I know I need to drop the preferred room but don't know what to switch to in order to up our chances at getting a room in the mansions.[QUOTE]

To be certain, book a Royal Room; they are only in the mansions, not in AB.
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #3463
droycro
Mouseketeer

Bringing a toaster

We are driving down from Illinois this March. We would like to eat a small breakfast in our room before heading to the parks and plan to pack some food to store in our room. Can we bring a toaster to use in our room or is that frowned upon? I've done several searches of the threads but didn't find a firm answer. Thanks!

March 1997 - POFQ
January 2003 - offsite
January 2004 - Beach Club and Disney Magic (land & sea package)
May 2005 - Contemporary
May 2006 - Contemporary
July 2010 - Fort Wilderness
March 2013 - POR
Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #3464
TK27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by droycro View Post
We are driving down from Illinois this March. We would like to eat a small breakfast in our room before heading to the parks and plan to pack some food to store in our room. Can we bring a toaster to use in our room or is that frowned upon? I've done several searches of the threads but didn't find a firm answer. Thanks!
If I remember reading correctly, this is not allowed in the rooms. However, there are toasters in the food court that you may use, I believe.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #3465
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

1 more sleep!!!!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: