Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #211
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

I am looking to book an 8 day trip at BLT for next January so I am subscribing and hope to read more over the next few days.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #212
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
I am looking to book an 8 day trip at BLT for next January so I am subscribing and hope to read more over the next few days.
and happy BLT planning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #213
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Kook

Stopping by to say what a fantastic job as usual, oh mighty Queen of the FAQ threads!! How do you do it???

LOVE, LOVE all the pix especially the B&W vintage pix!!

One day we will stay there ... sure DH and DS will like it (Sam and I already do )

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #214
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'm finding it hard to resist the lure of CR for spring break. I really want to try a FWC and thought I'd be fine with it since it's on Bay Lake, but... stay tuned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Kook

Stopping by to say what a fantastic job as usual, oh mighty Queen of the FAQ threads!! How do you do it???

LOVE, LOVE all the pix especially the B&W vintage pix!!

One day we will stay there ... sure DH and DS will like it (Sam and I already do )
The POP Princess, hostess with the mostess is over on Bay Lake. Thank you for stopping by, Janet, I'm so glad you approve of the new thread. It was a labor of love and I hope reflects how much I love CR and BLT.

Yes, vintage Mickey was so happy at the CR - he must have been ordering a room service chocolate monorail

Please POP in anytime and don't be a Bay Lake (or Crescent Lake) stranger, my friend
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #215
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

Pack and play in studio

Where is the best place for the pack and play in a studio? We will have a 3 yr old on the pullout sofa.

Many thanks. We are going Jan 2014.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #216
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

This thread is absolutely amazing! Thinking about possibly renting points to stay at BLT in June. My question is can anyone recommend a good standard studio location? Also for buses to AK and HS. Do you have to go thru CR to get to the buses, or can you just walk out the front of BLT to get to them?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #217
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Also for buses to AK and HS. Do you have to go thru CR to get to the buses, or can you just walk out the front of BLT to get to them?
The bus stop is located at the Contemporary, but it's in front on the side nearest to BLT, so it's really close.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #218
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
The bus stop is located at the Contemporary, but it's in front on the side nearest to BLT, so it's really close.
Thank you!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #219
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
Where is the best place for the pack and play in a studio? We will have a 3 yr old on the pullout sofa.

Many thanks. We are going Jan 2014.
I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone else will. to the thread and the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
This thread is absolutely amazing! Thinking about possibly renting points to stay at BLT in June. My question is can anyone recommend a good standard studio location? Also for buses to AK and HS. Do you have to go thru CR to get to the buses, or can you just walk out the front of BLT to get to them?

Thanks!
Thank you so much and welcome The BLT Room View thread is a great place to get location ideas. The only time you'd want to go through the CR is if it were pouring and you didn't want to get wet. Just exit out the CR "check-in"/"lobby" door on the right, right after Bell services where the port cochere is and there is a covered walkway to the bus stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #220
pas130
DIS Veteran

Kookster....

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #221
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Kookster....

The Resort Changing Fairy's keen RC senses have detected a possible resort change! Nothing gets past her! She is RC omniscient

I'd be preaching to the choir if I asked everyone's opinion here on whether I should change from FWC to Tower BLV for spring break. We've never stayed at FWC, but I love FW and have always (thought) I wanted to try a cabin, but CR is calling me home...
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #222
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone else will. to the thread and the DIS!

Thank you so much and welcome The BLT Room View thread is a great place to get location ideas. The only time you'd want to go through the CR is if it were pouring and you didn't want to get wet. Just exit out the CR "check-in"/"lobby" door on the right, right after Bell services where the port cochere is and there is a covered walkway to the bus stop.

Thank you so much! This was a huge help! Question maybe you can help me with. If I rent points am I able to add my park passes to my KTTW card at check in? I hate to have to carry around two separate things.

Last edited by DevonsDisneyMom; 02-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #223
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying reading this thread so much! Kook, you have done a fantastic job! I am off to read the WL one next since we are staying there in December.

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #224
babyberger
DIS Veteran

KOOK, I'm going to have to work some magic to get into a refurb'd room. A CM told me that the only rooms being worked on currently are the 12th and 14th floors. No other refurbs have started.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #225
stink
Mouseketeer

Love this Thread !

Great Thread. Learned so much about BLT ! Will be going first week in May. Staying in a 1 bedroom lake view. Can't wait !

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: