DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
arielrocks
always planning another trip to Disney!!!

No we are getting super excited also!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #32
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
We'll be at AKV from 12/22 to 12/27, and I'm already looking at flights. Right now we can get really good times for $405 pp. I have a feeling that prices will just go up from here, but I'm hesitant to book so early. I've been thinking about going over to the transportation board to get feedback on Christmas flight trends from expensive airports.
Not sure if Newark is a doable airport for you from central NY, but we booked round trip at great times for $313 pp this morning. Considering we've seen it as high as $800 in recent days, we just decided to pull the trigger. Now I just have to fight the urge to watch airfare in the months ahead to see if we pulled the trigger too early!!!

Just thought I'd let you know what we found in case it makes a difference for you guys. These NY area airports are so expensive!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----August 2015 Family Reunion at WDW
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #33
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

We will be at our home resort BCV from Dec. 23 til Jan2!! (with a few days in between @ Sheraton Vistana Villas) Our first trip back since Christmas 2009! Miss WDW and BCV so much & looking forward to "spreading out for our magical holiday fun" this year! I do love Disneyland w/ my AP's as of the last two years but something about more places to enjoy @ WDW even when it's the crowded holiday season makes it my favorite place to be for Christmas & New Years Eve!!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #34
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFMont
First timers at Christmas here also. 11 month booking at BWV. We are going in March so the kids are never going to expect it. We do plan some sort of a grand surprise however not sure what we will do. We know it will be packed but so be it. Dec. 21st - 28th for us.
Make time to go see the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at HS. We went last year and it was fantastic. Best of all being at BWV you can walk to HS and back to you room.
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #35
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny
We'll be at AKV from 12/22 to 12/27, and I'm already looking at flights. Right now we can get really good times for $405 pp. I have a feeling that prices will just go up from here, but I'm hesitant to book so early. I've been thinking about going over to the transportation board to get feedback on Christmas flight trends from expensive airports.

Another thing I'm already thinking about (waaaay too early lol) is what restaurants would be cool fo Xmas Eve and Xmas diinner. Or how fun would it be to just do absolutely nothing but hang around the pool on Christmas Day? The hustle and bustle at home over the holidays is the reason we want to do this trip in the first place.
Just thought i would throw out another option for those in the mid Atlantic region. We live in NJ and take the Auto train, we booked for a September trip, the cost for round trip with two adults and two children with a family cabin that sleeps four and inludes food was around $1100; and we get to bring our car too.
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #36
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortuntely Newark is at least five hours away, and when you count in parking, hotel if you have an early flight, and stress, $1600 for the four us from SYR sounds better. And the auto train is at least seven or eight hour drive and then what is it...16 hours on the train? Might as well just drive the whole way.

JetBlue just released fares through October. Maybe I will sit tight and see what they come up with in a few months. Unless the other carriers start jumping in price and I get spooked. haha.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
irishgolf
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Christmas at Disney

I am glad I have company planning for Christmas 2013! We were at WDW in early Dec 2012, definitely go to the Osborne Lights, they are amazing! Am "dragging" my family to BCV Dec 28th-Jan 5th. Can not wait! Hopefully the crowds will not be too extreme, and we can hit the parks LATE at night. Anyone been there during New Years Eve?
irishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #38
gracelrm
Wow - you learn something new everyday!
There's nothing better than taking the boat to MK

We went in December 2004 - from Dec. 18-23rd. We loved it, but haven't been able to be back at Christmastime. Last night I made reservations for Dec. 29-Jan 3 at our home resorts of VWL. I am really excited. I hope to see the Christmas parade at the Magic Kingdom and CP at Epcot. I don't know if we'll actually go to a park on the 31st or not - but I'm excited to read about NYE and all the possibilities.
gracelrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #39
bksomody
Mouseketeer

We went this year on Jan. 1. I was reluctant to go at this time of the year b/c of the crowds but was really the best time for everyone so we went and LOVED it. The weather was great, some days were warm and we were able to go to the pool and the cool days were great for the park and crowds weren't that bad.

After we returned my parents kept asking when we' re going back so I started planning and was able to rent bwv points at 11 months. I was worried planning so far in advance but I'm so glad I did b/c the 2br at bwv were gone for 1/1. We re on a wailist, but am hoping something will open by then.

Does anyone know when extra magic hours come out and when you can book dining reservations?
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #40
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgolf
I am glad I have company planning for Christmas 2013! We were at WDW in early Dec 2012, definitely go to the Osborne Lights, they are amazing! Am "dragging" my family to BCV Dec 28th-Jan 5th. Can not wait! Hopefully the crowds will not be too extreme, and we can hit the parks LATE at night. Anyone been there during New Years Eve?
We went on 1/2 and the crowds weren't that bad. Went to mk on 1/3 for evening magic hours and went on all the main rides,
We missed the lights this year and I'm going to make sure I see them next year. Everyone says they're amazing
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #42
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom
I'm in!

BWV, Boardwalk View 12/29-1/4
THV 1/4-1/7

So excited!!!

I am amazed at all the folks booking flights already! Ours aren't released yet and I'm not expecting good rates at all this far out.
Oooh, boardwalk view...I have pool view b/c my parents like being by the pool and it's killing me passing up bw view.

ENJOY

Last edited by bksomody; 02-10-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #43
lsutigerita
Geaux Tigers!

We are in. Finally decided to do Disney for Christmas. It is just the husband and I. Ready to get away from family drama.

We are booked at BWV Boardwalk view Dec 20-Dec 28!!

Excited and already counting down. What is the cenus for a good Christmas dinner?

2003-Boardwalk Villas 2004-Boardwalk Villas 2005-Boardwalk Villas
2006-Saratoga Springs and WDW Dolphin
2007-Boardwalk Villas (June) Saragota Springs (November)
2008-BWV (April)---SSR (June)---BWV (November)

2009-Beach Club Villas (June) BWV (Nov)
2010 Saratoga Springs (December)
2011 Boardwalk Villas-(March)
2012 Beach Club Villas (July) and Boardwalk Villas (October)
2013 Boardwalk Villas (Christmas)
lsutigerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
Tink Fans
Mouseketeer

Oh that's funny...and boy can I relate! I tried to escape the drama but my kids want to stay for Christmas Eve festivities with family.

However, I hope to be able to leave on Christmas Day or 12/26. We have BW View from from 12/25 to 1/1 and then move to BCV until Jan. 6th. I may have to cut a day or two off from Beach Club to go home and work/school...but one can HOPE!
Tink Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #45
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Crazy for being excited??
No way! We have been, in December many times and have so many family memories. My dad no longer with us, but my children have those trips to always remember.

The two best places to enjoy the Christmas season..... Disney and NYC.

Now since you booked, keep a eye out or the DVC Christmas tree swap.
Sorry, can't remember who coordinates it, but had the pleasure one year of participating. The following year I was going to supply the tree and decorations, sadly we had to cancel that trip and thankfully they had more than enough volunteers. Would have sent it, even though I wasn't going.

That was our last time, still have it ready to go. Loveeeee that time of the year and my kids have said when we go at different times. This is nice, but not like Disney at Christmas time.

Congrats and Merry christmas.

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE IS A DREAM IN PA MISSING
THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: