Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Yes, it's THAT good!! Yummy! The meal is served family style, so the bread pudding is the standard dessert. Everyone gets the same things, except you have a choice to eat certain meats, or some of all of them.
Of course the real problem is being able to pace yourself so that you can handle dessert.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
In September, I asked the waiter at Kona if it would be possible to get the 'Ohana bread pudding for my dessert. He said sure!! The only reason I asked is because I read on Disboards that quite a few people did this and were able to get it at Kona.
YAY! Thank you for your reply! You have given me hope. I'm definitely going to have to try this. I sure hope I'm lucky!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann728 View Post
Allears has the recipe.
http://allears.net/din/recipes/rec_obp.htm

Not sure how it compares to the original but it might be worth a try.
The original recipe is in one of the Disney cookbooks (I bought it just for the Ohana Bread Pudding.) The original has 1/4 cup of coconut, a small can of crushed pineapple and 1/2 c raisins. It also says to use Challa bread, which is a good egg bread. Other than that, it's about the same. Anyway, I made it again last Friday and it's just so good. Not as good in my dining room as it is at the Polynesian, but good none the less. It's easy to make. Just make sure that when you flambe the Foster sauce you don't burn off your eyebrows!

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

In December 2011, my husband was able to order the bread pudding after our Kona meal. Wasn't a big deal at all!

It's amazing!

K
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #20
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

We always get the bread pudding from 'Ohana at Kona's. It's $5 and comes in the same big bowl with the pitcher of caramel sauce as it usually does. We just got it on our November 2012 trip too and that is probably our 10th time doing this over the years. I love that stuff!
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Just me?

I absolutely LOVE the bread pudding and am embarrassed to admit how many times I've eaten this on a single trip!
BUT...
Sometimes I really am craving a more chocolate type dessert. Now I'm normally not a huge chocolate fan (I typically eat around the hot fudge in sundaes) but loved the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern. Anyway it got me thinking...
Does anyone else thing the bread pudding would taste amazing with a little bit of chocolate or hot fudge drizzled on it? I seriously almost asked for a side of it last time I had it, just to try it and see, but I was too afraid lol. Am I just crazy or does this sound good to anyone else?
You know, kind of like a chocolate covered banana? With caramel? Sounds good to me
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

Hot fudge would taste good drizzled on anything. It would go great with the carmel sauce. Great idea!

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
funkbucket007
Incinerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieShedsky View Post
I absolutely LOVE the bread pudding and am embarrassed to admit how many times I've eaten this on a single trip!
BUT...
Sometimes I really am craving a more chocolate type dessert. Now I'm normally not a huge chocolate fan (I typically eat around the hot fudge in sundaes) but loved the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern. Anyway it got me thinking...
Does anyone else thing the bread pudding would taste amazing with a little bit of chocolate or hot fudge drizzled on it? I seriously almost asked for a side of it last time I had it, just to try it and see, but I was too afraid lol. Am I just crazy or does this sound good to anyone else?
You know, kind of like a chocolate covered banana? With caramel? Sounds good to me
Bread pudding used to be a staple at many of the Disney restaurants as recent as 10 years ago. I can remember both Cinderella's Royal Table (pre-small menu and character driven) and Tony's Town Square both having a chocolate bread pudding with raspberries and a raspberry sauce poured over it that was simply amazing. Too rich for my wife's taste but I loved it. Not sure what happened or why it disappeared but I certainly miss it.

We're doing 'Ohana for the first time this upcoming trip and all the bread pudding talk is what made me finally bite the bullet and make the ressie.
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us." - Walt Disney

Me DW DS/11 DS/7

funkbucket007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
ecolyer
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have a picture of this dessert? It sounds so yummy.
ecolyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #25
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

My dh doesn't like bread pudding usually, and he loved it at Ohana.
I need to go back...I was very pregnant and too full to eat much of it.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #26
TheDadHatter
Earning My Ears

Yep. If you notice they share the same kitchen.
TheDadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #27
schmeve
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
Not sure if this is true but I read that you can ask for it at Kona. Maybe someone else could confirm this to be true or not.

I love BP go to Ragland Road and order theres, it is out of this world good!!
House of Blues has one too (havent tried yet though)
i LOVE the BP at Ragland Road!!! I dream about it lol....Does 'Ohana serve it during breakfast? because we have a reservation for breakfast.

We were Engaged in front of Cinderella's Castle May 2007

Schmeve
schmeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Served at Kona

Had this baby a few weeks ago:

Yes, it was as good as it looks...
Oh man, I have a serious craving now!
Must. not. drive. to. Disney. NOW!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #29
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

'Ohana is the only WDW restaurant we book twice on our trips. First night and last night. I can't wait for October!
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #30
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Any chance I could get the bread pudding at Kona during lunch hours? Or only at dinner (since 'Ohana does not serve lunch)?
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: