Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #151
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageemommy View Post

Mawhite424 -Mary
Sam-11
Jonas (Boy)-8
Stella-3, almost 4

I know this is starting to be a lot of cabins. We will be splitting the group up. Anyone have ideas on how? Or those that have done this before, what worked out best for you?
And I looked over this thread a ton, but IF I forgot anyone on the list, please don't take it personal, this first timer is figuring it out as she goes.. Just let me know.

Also I know some of you are still thinking about it. Let me know when you want in.
Talk to you all soon. HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Mikka
I will get this right eventually . Jonas will be 9 when we sail.

Not sure how to split the cabins. Maybe try to split the number of cabins and try to keep the peeps about even? We still have a month to go - I'll bet we get at least a few more. I know you'll handle it perfectly, Mikka!

Last edited by mawhite424; 02-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #152
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok guys. We have a little over 2 months! Here is the updated list that I have gotten so far. Look it over and make sure it is correct for everyone in your cabin. If there is anything at all you would like to add, please let me know. I will post updated list every few weeks.

I know this is starting to be a lot of cabins. We will be splitting the group up. Anyone have ideas on how? Or those that have done this before, what worked out best for you?
And I looked over this thread a ton, but IF I forgot anyone on the list, please don't take it personal, this first timer is figuring it out as she goes.. Just let me know.

Also I know some of you are still thinking about it. Let me know when you want in.
Talk to you all soon. HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Mikka
We are IN with the FE exchange!

Still waiting to hear from our friends but will have an answer by Tuesday.

Here are our details:

Cabin 7544
Me - Mati - Love Tigger, Eeyore and Tink
DH - Yoni
DD - Sabrina (11) - Loves Mickey and Minnie
DS - Kai (8 - boy) - Loves Star Wars and Goofy

This will be the third FE exchange we have participated in. The first, on the Magic, we didnt split. The second had almost 40 cabins and was split with the groupings done by cabin location - somehow the numbers worked out.

I will go back through the thread but wondering, did we set any kind of expectations on this? 1 gift per cabin, 1 per person? typically this is left up to the person giving but not sure if we set something up yet.

I can't wait! 61 more days!!!!!

Thanks,
Mati
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #153
Mageemommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfinn View Post
We are IN with the FE exchange!

Still waiting to hear from our friends but will have an answer by Tuesday.

Here are our details:

Cabin 7544
Me - Mati - Love Tigger, Eeyore and Tink
DH - Yoni
DD - Sabrina (11) - Loves Mickey and Minnie
DS - Kai (8 - boy) - Loves Star Wars and Goofy

This will be the third FE exchange we have participated in. The first, on the Magic, we didnt split. The second had almost 40 cabins and was split with the groupings done by cabin location - somehow the numbers worked out.

I will go back through the thread but wondering, did we set any kind of expectations on this? 1 gift per cabin, 1 per person? typically this is left up to the person giving but not sure if we set something up yet.

I can't wait! 61 more days!!!!!

Thanks,
Mati
I am glad you guys are participating! I am getting excited also. I did not set any rules, as is, 1 gift per cabin or stateroom. I just feel it should be up to the giver to give what feel is best. We will all have fun and enjoy ourselves!

1986:WDW-Fort wilderness with parents (First disney experience)
2006:Disneyland
2007:WDW-Pop Century Resort
2009:WDW- Caribbean Beach Resort
2010:WDW-Port Orleans french quarter
2012:WDW-Port Orleans Riverside
4/2013:Disney Magic
10/2013-Disney Wonder

11/2014:WDW Port Orleans Riverside
4/2015: Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
Mageemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #154
dramadeb
Earning My Ears

We're cruising on April 6th too! Me, my husband, and 2 daughters - first time for any kind of cruise - very excited!!
dramadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #155
Taysmimi
Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready for HalloWonder Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramadeb
We're cruising on April 6th too! Me, my husband, and 2 daughters - first time for any kind of cruise - very excited!!
Welcome...we are going on first cruise also. We are traveling with granddaughter and other family members. What is the age of your girls? My goddaughter is 4.

Taysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #156
reneaterry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysmimi

Welcome...we are going on first cruise also. We are traveling with granddaughter and other family members. What is the age of your girls? My goddaughter is 4.
This is also our first cruise. We have 2 girls, just turned 6 2 weeks before we leave and 3. We're celebrating 6 yr olds birthday on board.
reneaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #157
DocMcMommy
Earning My Ears

Twin 3 yr old girls. Anyone have any recommendations on excursions?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #158
ronniegintx
Earning My Ears

We may have to cancel our cruise. I was admitted to the hospital a week ago this past Sunday. I have had 3 surgeries in one week and received a diagnosis that no one wants to hear. Of course moron me didn't buy trip insurance so not really sure what we are going to do.

Me: Ronnie Husband, Donald DD Kari 15 DD Genna 8
ronniegintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #159
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am glad you guys are participating! I am getting excited also. I did not set any rules, as is, 1 gift per cabin or stateroom. I just feel it should be up to the giver to give what feel is best. We will all have fun and enjoy ourselves!
We are excited too!!! Our friends are joining in too - I'll provide their info on a separate post. now to start planning! Have you built a spreadsheet to track? Some folks use posting 1 or 2 (edited) to list it out but you need to own that posting. I think last cruise the guy used Google Docs so everyone could view. So excited and not much time! 60 DAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramadeb View Post
Welcome!!! How old are your girls? My DD is 11 - will be in the Edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taysmimi View Post
Glad you could join us!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaterry View Post
This is also our first cruise. We have 2 girls, just turned 6 2 weeks before we leave and 3. We're celebrating 6 yr olds birthday on board.
How exciting! Birthdays are fun on the ship. Welcome to the cruise meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMcMommy View Post
Twin 3 yr old girls. Anyone have any recommendations on excursions?
Not sure with 3 year olds but can say, have done the Stingray City with Turtle Farm tour and LOVED it. Just not sure if the kids have to be older. I went with my daughter at the time - not my son - she was 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniegintx View Post
We may have to cancel our cruise. I was admitted to the hospital a week ago this past Sunday. I have had 3 surgeries in one week and received a diagnosis that no one wants to hear. Of course moron me didn't buy trip insurance so not really sure what we are going to do.
Oh this is terrible news. I hope you are ok. Of course I hope you can still join us but really sad that things are not going well for you. Take care and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #160
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ronnie, I am so sorry to hear this. Maybe a cruise will do you some good? Is there anything we can do to help? Don't hesitate to ask. Pm if you need some moral support.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #161
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Excursion age limits

DCL limits the ages for the excursions, but booking through a private company is easy, less expensive, and the age requirements are more relaxed.

I've pretty much decided on Captain Marvin's for the stingray trip in Grand Cayman. I've heard too many mixed reviews of the turtle farm, and the granddaughter who will be almost 4 when we sail has seen youtube videos of the stingrays - she seems comfortable with it if she's in a life vest & with me right there. The other two are all over it! Capt Marvin's did a great job for us on the last trip, and their office is walking distance from the dock.

We're sticking with Chankannab National Park in Cozumel for the pool/snorkeling/sea lion & manatee shows). The dolphin encounter is great for the older kids, but 4 is too young (at least this 4 yr old!) to really get much out of it, and the older grands have already done the dolphin swim.

So happy to see all the new families joining the group! We're having a great time planning for the FE! Love the idea of splitting the cabins by location! I'm sure it will all work out great!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #162
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Mary - just saw this on our DIS Meet for 2014 cruise - could also split the FE by age groups - put families with younger kids together, etc. Just a thought. The ship is smaller compared to the Fantasy so location is not that difficult. Not sure what is easiest but saw that for the first time and wanted to throw it out there.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #163
Snow white 5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneaterry View Post

Birthdays are so fun we will be celebrating our 10 year olds birthday as well, his birthday is on the 5th of April
Snow white 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #164
Snow white 5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Sorry Ronnie hope things get better for you, we are praying for you and your family. Hope you get Feeling better quickly.
Snow white 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #165
Sam Carre
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I so hope you get better soon. I'm sure Disney will do something to help i.e. rebook you on a later cruise if you aren't fit to travel. Get well soon.
Sam Carre is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: