Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

magical express

how long does it take to get the magical express packet in the mail , i booked my trip today that is only 20 days away....what happens if i dont get the packet...
babygirlamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
iloveitalianmovies
Earning My Ears

So many times I book too late to get it! I am disorganized and sometimes we are thinking about renting a car!

Your name is in the system - just go by the desk at the airport to get a voucher. It's no big deal so don't worry!

I just thought about your luggage - if you don't get your luggage tags you may not be able to check them to your rooms. I never check a bag so I forgot about that!
iloveitalianmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
how long does it take to get the magical express packet in the mail , i booked my trip today that is only 20 days away....what happens if i dont get the packet...
It usually comes a couple of weeks before your trip, so you're should arrive really soon. However, you can call DME again and make sure that you're in the system.

If you do not get your packet, then you'll need to collect your luggage from the airport and bring it with you to DME. You can go to the desk to check-in and get on the bus (as long as you're registered).
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
iloveitalianmovies
Earning My Ears

You know once I called to confirm that they had my name in the system and they said that it was, but when I arrived they didn't see it - they let us on the bus anyway!

I really think that if you are a resort guest they try to help you the best they can!
iloveitalianmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

In two trips I have never gotten the package ahead of time. I had no problems using ME. Hope that helps ease your mind!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
wintotty
Mouseketeer

Last year I didn't receive the packet (didn't know if that existed either!) They still had our names, got on the bus, and they collected our luggage (without the yellow tag on them, but we gave them our luggage claim tags)!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

We have always gotten our ME package around 3 weeks prior to our check in. Yours should come any day and if not I would call them! Have a magical time!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintotty View Post
Last year I didn't receive the packet (didn't know if that existed either!) They still had our names, got on the bus, and they collected our luggage (without the yellow tag on them, but we gave them our luggage claim tags)!
I have also done this. I booked the ME but it was too close to the departure time to get the luggage tags. All I had to do was describe my bag and give them my claim ticket, and the bag was waiting for me when I arrived back at the room that night!

If it makes you nervous, you can certainly collect your luggage at the airport. I just wanted you to know you don't have to!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
sambisc
Mouseketeer

I booked about 20 days out and received the info within 2 weeks.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #10
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
If you do not get your packet, then you'll need to collect your luggage from the airport and bring it with you to DME. You can go to the desk to check-in and get on the bus (as long as you're registered).
Not true. Even if you didn't have your yellow ME tags to put on your bags, you don't need to grab your bags yourself. Just head to the ME desk with your bag claim tickets and they will take down your info as to how many bags, maybe a description of the bags, and the claim tix info. You will be all set and they will go grab your bags and send them to your resort.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

DME needs at least 10 days lead time to get the packet printed up and delivered to you...so, technically, you should be okay. BUT....there are times when people don't get that packet, even if they booked 6 months out!!! Mistakes happen though.

If you don't get your packet before you leave, call DME and double check that you are in their system. Then, when you get to MCO, go to the DME checkin counter, they will ask for ID and your room reservation info. They will print you up vouchers at this point for your bus ride.
Now, what to do about the luggage issue. You have two choices if your packet doesn't come. You can get your own bags at MCO and bring them to the DME bus with you. Or, you can go directly to the DME counter, give them your baggage claim receipts (they will copy them), the number of bags you checked and a description of the bags. Then they will send someone to get the bags, from baggage claim area, and they will send the bags to your resort.
Up to you which you do. If it were me?? I would get the bags myself. No way of knowing how long your bags will be going around and around at baggage claim, waiting for someone to get them and deliver them to WDW.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Not true. Even if you didn't have your yellow ME tags to put on your bags, you don't need to grab your bags yourself. Just head to the ME desk with your bag claim tickets and they will take down your info as to how many bags, maybe a description of the bags, and the claim tix info. You will be all set and they will go grab your bags and send them to your resort.
Good to know, but I'd still rather collect my own bags in this case. As Goofy4tink points out, you don't know how long your bags will go around the luggage carrier before someone retrieves them.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Is there a direct number to DME??? Preferably an 800#?

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
klwdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney
Is there a direct number to DME??? Preferably an 800#?
(866) 599-0951

You can also call the Walt Disney Travel Company and get transferred to DME (407-939-6244).
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I realized I never called to add my flight info to my reservation

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!
klwdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: