Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Rambling questions!!

I think we've finally decided to have a DFTW! Im SO excited! We are thinking May 2014, wishes wedding. Other than that, no real definite ideas! It's a little overwhelming starting to plan! Has anyone had their reception at the napa or sonoma room at at the CG? Is there anywhere i can find more detailed pics of the rooms? Can we customize the menu, or is it a set menu? Is is possible to have just a one tier wedding cake, and then have cupcakes instead ? What is the norm for going to speak/see the DFTW people to see our site options, how far is advance should we do this (takes some planning, we are from NY). Any idea on how much a dessert party costs (EP) for say 30-40 people. How about transportation for our guests via the private charter bus, and how many resorts will they pick up at, and at what cost?! What is the discount % for rooms for our guests (obviously depending on which resort they stay at). So confused! Sorry for the rambling!
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer
 
disneyamy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 87

if you go onto Carrie's website, disney travel babble, you can find lots of pictures of all the reception rooms there.
the menu is completely customisable! you can work with your planner to make up a menu! you will be able to have the one tier cake as well. :D

you can phone and arrange a site visit if you're date is within 16 months. you can give them a phone or email to set something up!

dessert party menus vary from around $25-$40 per person, plus a venue rental fee/decor and drinks on top of that.

you can charter a bus for a minimum of 5 hours, at around $100 an hour, give or take. this can do as many stops as you want, but you might want to keep in mind the guests that get on at the first stop being on the bus for ages!

discounts are around 8% for value, 10-15% for moderate, 20% for deluxe and 30% for deluxe resorts that have conference centres.

all of this info can be found in Carrie's book, the Passporter's guide to disney weddings. it's the bible!
__________________
WDW - 2004, 2006, 2011, 2012
DLP - 1994, 1998, 2009, 2012
disneyamy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4 View Post
if you go onto Carrie's website, disney travel babble, you can find lots of pictures of all the reception rooms there.
the menu is completely customisable! you can work with your planner to make up a menu! you will be able to have the one tier cake as well. :D

you can phone and arrange a site visit if you're date is within 16 months. you can give them a phone or email to set something up!

dessert party menus vary from around $25-$40 per person, plus a venue rental fee/decor and drinks on top of that.

you can charter a bus for a minimum of 5 hours, at around $100 an hour, give or take. this can do as many stops as you want, but you might want to keep in mind the guests that get on at the first stop being on the bus for ages!

discounts are around 8% for value, 10-15% for moderate, 20% for deluxe and 30% for deluxe resorts that have conference centres.

all of this info can be found in Carrie's book, the Passporter's guide to disney weddings. it's the bible!
Thanks so much! Great info!
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
DisneyDJChuck
Reception Entertainment Specialist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DJing a Wedding
Posts: 108

You can see some wedding reception pics from atop the Contemporary Resort here. But be forewarned, the whole 15th floor is getting a massive rehab, so it is unlikely it will look like this when they are finished.

Hope this helps!!
DisneyDJChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDJChuck View Post
You can see some wedding reception pics from atop the Contemporary Resort here. But be forewarned, the whole 15th floor is getting a massive rehab, so it is unlikely it will look like this when they are finished.

Hope this helps!!
Any idea when this rehab will be complete? We were thinking about the Napa room, but how can i plan a reception there if i have no idea what it will look like!! Oh no!!
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,725

The rehab is scheduled to be completed in late summer 2013, and you can see concept art of the new look for the Napa Room here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...esort/#photo-1
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The rehab is scheduled to be completed in late summer 2013, and you can see concept art of the new look for the Napa Room here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...esort/#photo-1
Thank you. Now the question, do I take the risk on booking the Napa Room for a May 2014 wedding reception, or go for something else? We are trying to plan a long weekend to go to WDW and start the wedding planning.
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #8
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,725

What about the venue attracts you? Is it the decor or the location/view/food? Because the only thing that's changing is the decor, and I'm pretty sure from those renderings that it's not going to be so dramatically different that when the tarps come down 9 months before your event you're going to freak out when you see the new look.

I'd be more worried about the fact that the menus can't be customized. That's usually the thing that deters people from using CA Grill.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer
 
SarahFarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 161

[QUOTE="Steph2527"]I think we've finally decided to have a DFTW! Im SO excited! [/QUOTE=]

Congratulations!! Planning a wishes wedding myself and its SO exciting and so much fun! A lot of your questions have been answered but I'm sure you'll have many more! If you're on Facebook I would suggest joining the DISBrides group! It's a great place for pictures and great resources from other brides!
__________________
Your friend,
SarahFarra

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908

Last edited by SarahFarra; 02-09-2013 at 07:52 AM.
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
Steph2527
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 684

Were thinking about calling to try and make an appoitment to meet with DFTW for possible site visits to narrow down which venues we would like to use. How many can we see when we arrange this visit. We are interested in looking for a ceremony, reception, and possible dessert part location (s) (we have in mind what we'd like, but would like to see them in person). Will they be able to give us some details and do they have examples of anything if we plan this meeting? We are from NY, the plan is to go from a thursday evening to sunday, and meet with DFTW on that friday. Is there anywhere i can see what we are able to order as far as menu wise if we chose the CG napa room as a reception location?
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Were thinking about calling to try and make an appoitment to meet with DFTW for possible site visits to narrow down which venues we would like to use. How many can we see when we arrange this visit.
They usually limit it to 3, but the number might go up or down depending on travel time between locations. You can go see almost all the locations on your own, the exceptions being private rooms inside the theme parks, like Living Seas Salon and American Adventure Parlor in Epcot. I have tons of pictures of all the venues on my website, so that might help you narrow things down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Will they be able to give us some details and do they have examples of anything if we plan this meeting?
Until you are 6 months out from your weddings (and have signed a contract) they can't give you much in the way of specific pricing, but they do have a slightly scary generic estimated proposal they can give you that shows what it would cost for certain numbers of guests if you added everything but the kitchen sink.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
We are from NY, the plan is to go from a thursday evening to sunday, and meet with DFTW on that friday. Is there anywhere i can see what we are able to order as far as menu wise if we chose the CG napa room as a reception location?
California Grill's event menus will all be changing when their new restaurant menus do this summer. Here's a link to an older set of menus, just for reference: http://www.********************/ftw/.../calgrill.html

You'll need to replace the ******************** with m a g i c a l k i n g d o m s .com—for some reason the DIS doesn't like it!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.