Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Newark (EWR) Expert Opinion Needed

We've flown out of here three times, doing a Sleep 'n Fly at Wyndham Gardens each time, the last time this past Oct. I remember thinking, as we rode the shuttle to the airport, that I'd have a problem navigating the trip there on my own, it just seemed like a twisting, confusing drive. Add to that the fact that my GPS got us lost several times getting out of Newark, and I vowed to scratch EWR off my flight list. Well, JetBlue gave us a $50 credit for a flight delay and EWR has the lowest JB rate by far for our dates to say nothing of the free baggage, so I have to give this some thought.

My plan is to drive to whatever airport we fly out of in the wee hours of the night, park and go, but I'm concerned about getting to parking in EWR at 3 am or so based on my Oct observations. I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who self parks here. Is there a service like Winner in PHL where you drive to their lot, they drive you the the airport in your own car, then pick you up in your car on return?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I'm probably not an expert, but I have used Avistar on McClellan street at early hours and they were fine. A bit more expensive than Philadelphia parking, probably around $12/day, though I haven't used them in about 2 yrs. You might be able to find a discount through the internet or AAA, but they are still a bit more either way. Service was fine, they drop you at the airport and you call them to pick you up (although they were already there when I called).

Oh, I'm just remembering that we also used ABC parking on North Ave, I believe it was cheaper and just as efficient, and it was also really early a.m.

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)

Last edited by lurkernj; 02-04-2013 at 02:55 PM.
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
barb007
Mouseketeer

This is the place we use when we fly out of Newark. They drive you to/from the airport. Just call after you've picked up your luggage & they'll tell which door to stand at. They even wash your car if you choose to park it inside the garage. Website has a coupon.

http://www.corporateparking.net/
barb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

We use Vista Parking. My business partners use this parking a lot and are quite happy (and some have quite expensive cars!). Vista Parking is located near the Howard Johnson's and is easy to find off the NJ Turnpike. Service is very good and shuttle is very prompt. Sign up on their website and they will email you discounts. I have a reservation for my next trip for $8/day! Current special is $9/day.

www.vistaparking.com
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
TinkTink78
DIS Veteran

I second Vista Parking. Used them twice since discovering their service. No problems
Daisy

Trips to Disney
'83 Off site**12/96 Sheraton Vistana**5/00 MAGIC Disney Cruise/CBR**10/01 All Star Sports**5/04 Pre Wedding Trip Off Site**11/04 PoP/AKL**12/04 MVMCP-PoP**11/05 Disney Wonder/POR**4/08 Hilton DTD**7/08 Off site Villa trip**5/09 1st solo trip - Orlando World Center Marriott**9/09 POR**1/10 PoP**09/10 PoP**01/12 CBR, upgraded to BWI**3/12 POP**5/12 First 5K Expedition Everest Challenge All Star Sports**6/12 PoP**9/12 All Star Sports**10/12 All Star Music**2/13 PoP**5/13 PoP**10/13 All Star Movies**

Dis'ers are allowed to change their resorts
TinkTink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Vista parking is the way to go! If you are coming down 78 it seems like you are getting on the turnpike because their exit is right before the toll
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the parking tips at Newark, I used Avistar last year, and it cost me a small fortune. (we also use Winner at PHL)

The higher parking cost at EWR, is one reason we fly more often out of PHL (plus the cheaper flights). Glad for the tip about Vista though, will file that away for the future.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Thanks for all the advice, I'll probably wait until SouthWest opens our dates in a few weeks to see how PHL looks but it appears that EWR is back in the rotation.

Bill From PA

Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

The hotel shuttle drivers know some back roads. People driving to the airport can follow the signs. People using an offsite parking facility can get driving directions from the web or use their GPS.

The shuttle is suppose to drop you off at a monorail stop. You'll have to take the monorail to your terminal. The monorail is free for the portion on airport grounds.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Thanks again to all who offered advice. Yesterday we booked our flight for 6 am, Jetblue on Oct 10 so we'll be driving from Pa in the wee hours, hitting one of these recommended places and getting our Food & Wine week off to an early start. FWIW, we had a 2 hr delay coming home last Oct and JB gave us each a $50 credit so the price, combined with the free baggage, made EWR a no-brainer.

Bill From PA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: