DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Since the ESPN Club offers the TiW discount, yes.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you. Kids are 21 plus now so we tend to head over there later.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #17
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone!

Our trip is in Dec and no plans (yet!) to go back in 2014 and 2015 (we are going to Asia & Australia) so it may not be worth it for us unless we often eat at 2 TS restaurant.

If we dine at California Grill and got expensive entrees plus 1 alcohol drink each for 4 adults, is that $200 already? Never been to California Grill.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneSparrow View Post
Thank you everyone!

If we dine at California Grill and got expensive entrees plus 1 alcohol drink each for 4 adults, is that $200 already? Never been to California Grill.
Without a doubt that will come to $200 easy at CA Grill with 4 adults. Also remember there is an automatic 18% gratuity put back onto the bill. I like to think the TIW card saves me the cost of tips. Which in and of itself can be a huge savings. DH and I tend to do at least 2 signature meals a trip and we have been none to imbibe an adult beverage or two at the various bars around Disney. Over the course of a trip it is very easy to get up to $500 spent on dining and drinks. We can also almost always get at least two trips on a single TIW card.

Hollymom1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardponder View Post
Don't forget you also get 20% off alcoholic beverages at participating restaurants.
We were actually able to get the discount on Grand Marnier Slushies in the France Pavilion on a previous trip.

Not sure if that was a fluke or not, but you never know! It doesn't hurt to ask!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Okay, a bit confused. I know with the DDP, everyone in your party must be on the plan. I was checking TIW out and though I read that the card was good for up to 9 members in your party. This seemed to make sense since they are giving a set discount. Did I read that wrong?

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE IS A DREAM IN PA MISSING
THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney54us View Post
Okay, a bit confused. I know with the DDP, everyone in your party must be on the plan. I was checking TIW out and though I read that the card was good for up to 9 members in your party. This seemed to make sense since they are giving a set discount. Did I read that wrong?
That's correct, it is good for a party size up to ten, which includes the card holder. The card holder must be present to use the discount, according to the program rules. If you have more than 10, you have the option to purchase a second card for a spouse/partner for $50 which would allow for another 10 people. I am not sure how strictly they police the max 10 rule, as we have never had more than 10 for dining.

The plan rules indicate that everyone must be on the same bill and the member must pay the entire bill. Many report that they have used multiple credit cards or gift cards without any problem, but I doubt they would apply the discount to separate checks at the same meal. Last time we went, my SIL gave us a gift card to use for their portion and I put our portion on the room charge.

We abandoned the DDP a long time ago after discovering TIW. The DDP was just too much food for us, and we end up spending less. Additionally, we are not forced to get dessert and we can order an appetizer or two. Plus, we love the discount on alcohol, as we usually have wine with our meals.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
That's correct, it is good for a party size up to ten, which includes the card holder. The card holder must be present to use the discount, according to the program rules. If you have more than 10, you have the option to purchase a second card for a spouse/partner for $50 which would allow for another 10 people. I am not sure how strictly they police the max 10 rule, as we have never had more than 10 for dining.

The plan rules indicate that everyone must be on the same bill and the member must pay the entire bill. Many report that they have used multiple credit cards or gift cards without any problem, but I doubt they would apply the discount to separate checks at the same meal. Last time we went, my SIL gave us a gift card to use for their portion and I put our portion on the room charge.

We abandoned the DDP a long time ago after discovering TIW. The DDP was just too much food for us, and we end up spending less. Additionally, we are not forced to get dessert and we can order an appetizer or two. Plus, we love the discount on alcohol, as we usually have wine with our meals.
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought I read that correctly. We would have no problem since we are a party of 5 or 6. I read back when DDP took away the option of a appetizer. For me, I'm a foodie, dessert would be a waste. We too enjoy wine with our meals. For the money, it just seemed a better way to go. The 20% discount would pay for the card and then some.

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE IS A DREAM IN PA MISSING
THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: